Jetstar Japan trebles Taiwan network

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
jetstar-japan1.jpg

jetstar-japan2.jpg

Jetstar Japan’s mascot was kept busy last week as the LCC increased the number of routes to Taiwan from one to three. On 11 December flights began from Osaka Kansai (flight number GK51), followed on 12 December by service from Nagoya (flight number GK91). Both routes launched with just thrice-weekly flights but frequency will increase to daily before the end of the year.

Jetstar Japan has added two more routes to Taiwan, after starting its first route there from Tokyo Narita on 27 November. On 11 December the LCC began thrice-weekly flights from Osaka Kansai (KIX) to Taipei Taoyuan (TPE) followed the next day by thrice-weekly flights from Nagoya (NGO) to Taiwan. Competition on the 1,703-kilometre route from Osaka is intense, with China Airlines (22 weekly flights), EVA Air (22), Peach Aviation (21), Japan Airlines (14), TransAsia Airways (14), Jetstar Asia (12), Tigerair Taiwan (seven) and Cathay Pacific Airways (seven) all operating the same airport pair. Only China Airlines (11 weekly flights), Cathay Pacific (seven) and Japan Airlines (seven) compete with Jetstar Japan on the 1,849-kilometre route from Nagoya. To compete better, Jetstar Japan will increase frequency on both routes to daily later this month with all flights operated by the airline’s fleet of 20 180-seat A320s.

Jetstar Japan trebles Taiwan network

I may try Jetstar next time when I travel to Taiwan. People say cheap ticket airline thrives when economy is in trouble. And JetStar is becoming the next South West and it is indeed.

I may try Jetstar next time when I travel to Taiwan. People say cheap ticket airline thrives when economy is in trouble. And JetStar is becoming the next South West and it is indeed.

Don't...........

Jetstar is quite shit in their home country of Australia...............I used to ride on Jetstar for my travel interstate and hated it, once I got a little more budget I dump them like a hot rod....

But then again, that's personal feeling...

Don't...........

Jetstar is quite shit in their home country of Australia...............I used to ride on Jetstar for my travel interstate and hated it, once I got a little more budget I dump them like a hot rod....

But then again, that's personal feeling...

Its great for folks with limited budget or just for people looking to spend a bit less during the frequent flyer season. think about it this way if a person from nagoya just wants to get to taipei real quick and cheaply, its best to take jetstar. save the spending for the malls , hotels, spas and eateries once in taipei. ;)

or vice versa...muahahaha!

Its great for folks with limited budget or just for people looking to spend a bit less during the frequent flyer season. think about it this way if a person from nagoya just wants to get to taipei real quick and cheaply, its best to take jetstar. save the spending for the malls , hotels, spas and eateries once in taipei. ;)

or vice versa...muahahaha!

lol, are you in the take with Jetstar?? :)

Anyway, my wife used to be a flight attendant for Swedish Airline SAS and for her, service is extremely important and I tend to agrees. Yes, being a budget airline, basically this is what the customer want, which is just a simple service from A to B. But it don't cost to provide good service, which is something Jetstar is lacking.

There are many "No Frill" airline out there, I can choose Virgin Australia, Tiger Air or Air Asia which for a bit more, and you are talking about 40 bucs if you are flying domestic, you can fly with a better service, so I would not recommend Jetstar unless you do not have any expectation from flying. Jetstar is like JetBlue and RyanAir....

lol, are you in the take with Jetstar?? :)

Anyway, my wife used to be a flight attendant for Swedish Airline SAS and for her, service is extremely important and I tend to agrees. Yes, being a budget airline, basically this is what the customer want, which is just a simple service from A to B. But it don't cost to provide good service, which is something Jetstar is lacking.

There are many "No Frill" airline out there, I can choose Virgin Australia, Tiger Air or Air Asia which for a bit more, and you are talking about 40 bucs if you are flying domestic, you can fly with a better service, so I would not recommend Jetstar unless you do not have any expectation from flying. Jetstar is like JetBlue and RyanAir....

Yes yes!!! In Southeast Asia I take Cebu Pacific; cheap but efficient. Whenever I'm traveling from JP to TW, i take jetstar, or if I really have to I'll take Nippon Air. In the states ? I prefer cheap air line like JetBlue , or southwest. Frequent flyer miles , bro!!! Hahahaha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom