What's new

Japan Vows to Ignore New Restrictions Imposed on Whale Hunting

You don't seem to realize that Japan doesn't recognize Taiwan as its own sovereign entity therefore even trying to annexing the island or providing military aid would be seen as an act of war by the PRC.

The Japan-Taiwan Relations Act can only reinforce economic ties not military ones.

I don't think you seem to realize that Japan was a staunch ally and partner of the Republic of China (Taiwan) since the signing of the Treaty of Taipei, it was only during the authoring of Joint Communique between Japan and the PRC that Japan established formal diplomatic relations with the Mainland. With the signing of the 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship between Japan and the P.R.C, Japan was forced to abrogate its formal diplomatic relations with Taipei , which was a prerequisite for the TOPF of 1978.

Despite this, the Keidenren (Japanese Business Federation) have long had its influence and operations in Taiwan ever since the signing of the Treaty of Taipei wherein we recognized the formal independence of our Imperial Crown Colony -- Taihoku. I think it is totally feasible to maintain the One China Policy, while also encourage the development of a Japan-Taiwan Relations Act. In fact, the younger brother of Prime Minister Abe, Nobuo Kishi is proposing an new legislative policy within the LDP to establish a Japan - Taiwan Relations Act. This would provide a platform for Japan to provide necessary aid to Taiwan; economic, political and military.

The reality on the ground, Taiwan is better than mainland.

I didn't say Taipei and Kaohsiung are equivalent to New York and London.

As I say, US is 1000x better than Taiwan, and Taiwan is 1000x better than mainland.

Taiwan has already failed. Taiwan is now a shithole.

It's not mainland, it's China, note we are different countries.

Last edited:
Do you really think the loud voices on the internet reflect reality?

Most Taiwanese want the status quo to remain or they want Taiwan to go independent,there are supporters of unification with the mainland however I've never seen politicians wanting to be annexed by Japan.

Because the concept of voluntary being annexed is too taboo to be talked in the media.

Taiwan has already failed. Taiwan is now a shithole.

It's not mainland, it's China, note we are different countries.

Taiwan living standard is still higher than the wealthiest city in mainland.

Forget about the most part of China.

I don't think you seem to realize that Japan was a staunch ally and partner of the Republic of China (Taiwan) since the signing of the Treaty of Taipei, it was only during the authoring of Joint Communique between Japan and the PRC that Japan established formal diplomatic relations with the Mainland. With the signing of the 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship between Japan and the P.R.C, Japan was forced to abrogate its formal diplomatic relations with Taipei , which was a prerequisite for the TOPF of 1978.

Despite this, the Keidenren (Japanese Business Federation) have long had its influence and operations in Taiwan ever since the signing of the Treaty of Taipei wherein we recognized the formal independence of our Imperial Crown Colony -- Taihoku. I think it is totally feasible to maintain the One China Policy, while also encourage the development of a Japan-Taiwan Relations Act. In fact, the younger brother of Prime Minister Abe, Nobuo Kishi is proposing an new legislative policy within the LDP to establish a Japan - Taiwan Relations Act. This would provide a platform for Japan to provide necessary aid to Taiwan; economic, political and military.
Japan doesn't legally recognize ROC therefore your argument is moot,if Japan attempts to interfere militarily in cross strait affairs then the PRC will get involved.

It doesn't matter if Taiwan was Japan's colony,Japan relinquished control of it in when it surrendered.

The biggest supporters of Japanese intervention are amongst those who lived under Japanese occupation,if Japanese are counting on them to be their support base than they will be sorely disappointed.

Japan doesn't legally recognize ROC therefore your argument is moot,if Japan attempts to interfere militarily in cross strait affairs then the PRC will get involved.

It matters not, we still have active relations with our Taipei. If we are to secure a Japan-Taiwan Relations Act, which will probably be quite identical to the United States-Taiwan Relations Act, it will enable the sale of defense equipment. Correspondingly, the new responsibilities of the JSDF, particularly the 4 Fleets that make up the JMSDF are charged to take care of Japanese citizens and Japanese interests. Considering our imbedded interests in Taiwan, and thousands of Japanese nationals living in Taiwan, we will naturally be involved regarding Taiwan.

Because the concept of voluntary being annexed is too taboo to be talked in the media.

Taiwan living standard is still higher than the wealthiest city in mainland.

Forget about the most part of China.

Taiwanese whores would rather marry to rich men from China, rather than to stay in shithole taiwan.

It matters not, we still have active relations with our Taipei. If we are to secure a Japan-Taiwan Relations Act, which will probably be quite identical to the United States-Taiwan Relations Act, it will enable the sale of defense equipment. Correspondingly, the new responsibilities of the JSDF, particularly the 4 Fleets that make up the JMSDF are charged to take care of Japanese citizens and Japanese interests. Considering our imbedded interests in Taiwan, and thousands of Japanese nationals living in Taiwan, we will naturally be involved regarding Taiwan.
So Japan would interfere in Chinese unification?

So Japan would interfere in Chinese unification?

If the the lives of Japanese nationals are threatened, then the Doctrine of Collective Self Defense will be invoked.

If Japan is threatened, then MDT between Japan and United States will be invoked.

This is why No One will touch Taiwan.

If the the lives of Japanese nationals are threatened, then the Doctrine of Collective Self Defense will be invoked.

If Japan is threatened, then MDT between Japan and United States will be invoked.

This is why No One will touch Taiwan.
Do you really think what keeps the PRC from invading the ROC is the fear of Japan?

The reality on the ground, Taiwan is better than mainland.

I didn't say Taipei and Kaohsiung are equivalent to New York and London.

As I say, US is 1000x better than Taiwan, and Taiwan is 1000x better than mainland.
Then you've never been out of Taiwan and you know even less about China.

@Collapse is here just to be disgusting. He could be a Vietnamese who try to make some misunderstandings between China and Taiwan. But I believe he is probably a Taiwan dog. According to my online forum and real life experience, 70% Taiwanese don't like Chinese, some of them hate Chinese quite a lot.
But most taiwanese which I have associated with don't have an issue with Chinese. They even say, we speak the same language and we are separated by two different governments systems. Basically, they are simply Chinese in a land called "Taiwan". Can one tell the differences between a taiwanese and a Chinese besides just living in two different lands?

Last edited:
japan cannot get involve in international politics unless US tell them to. It' rather useless to debate with an average nihonjin about jap foreign polices as they do not really have one.

Why debate with questionable 日本人.
Read from post 6. noted the date has been edited.
Post a picture of yourself

But most taiwanese which I have associated with don't have an issue with Chinese. They even say, we speak the same language and we are separated by two different governments systems. Basically, they are simply Chinese in a land called "Taiwan". Can one tell the differences between a taiwanese and a Chinese besides just living in two different lands?

Kolaps is not Taiwanese. It's confirmed by Taiwanese member @Wholegrain. He is probably a South East Asian, half chinese.

Of course I know about mainland.

Despite of all the development, to be honest, it still better to be Taiwanese than mainlander. More undeveloped, poorer, lack of culture, bad society, etc.

That because you asked them in China and you tell them you are mainlander. Of course they will politely answer it. It's different at behind. But even at worst they will not condemn mainlander so badly either, they just very concern because you are Chinese too.

People can actually tell the different between mainlander and Taiwanese. Even taxi driver in China know you came from Taiwan. Body language, fashion style, dialect, and face.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom