What's new

Japan Gives Maglev Train Green Light

I think an HSR system from DC-Philly-NYC is a good start. If its successful, then, its going to be a game changer here in the 'states.

maglev is expensive....especially for big countries like ours. a few of these alternatives could work where maglev isn't feasible.

I think an HSR system from DC-Philly-NYC is a good start. If its successful, then, its going to be a game changer here in the 'states.

it makes sense in certain cordiors in the country.

i just don't think we should go crazy on HSR when who knows in the next few decades a new tech could be faster and cheaper to build.

I like the Japanese trains, but I love the TGV series from France which isn't maglev.

I had read on PDF itself that CHinese train created a record by hitting 690 KM. Article also stated that there is a great room for even higher speed.

I had read on PDF itself that CHinese train created a record by hitting 690 KM. Article also stated that there is a great room for even higher speed.

HSR are hitting higher and higher speeds every year !

Nice technological achievement but its a white elephant and will never be used in Europe for example. You need to build a complete new railsystem. Its not worth the money. We have our own system the Transrapid which is a nice technological demonstration but simply not profitable because the giant amounts of money you have to invest in the railways

@Yizhi @HariPrasad @AndrewJin @Edison Chen

And if you want to sleep? You can get a sleeper room. Egyptian Cotton Sheets, too. Its like flying.... lol

24.jpg

Nice technological achievement but its a white elephant and will never be used in Europe for example. You need to build a complete new railsystem. Its not worth the money. We have our own system the Transrapid which is a nice technological demonstration but simply not profitable because the giant amounts of money you have to invest in the railways
Precisely, plus the magnetic health issue it created. That is why there is only one Maglev rail in China only and see no further expansion.

But We still need to give credit to Japnanese for their pursuing of higher technology.

One can merely build on per-existing railways , an add on. Plus, the older rail systems can be replaced since it will be of inferior technology. Out with the old, in with the new, as we say.

Precisely, plus the magnetic health issue it created. That is why there is only one Maglev rail in China only and see no further expansion.

But We still need to give credit to Japnanese for their pursuing of higher technology.

Actually, these health concerns have already been dispelled.

https://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/dispelling-myths-blow.pdf

@MarkusS @Beast @Yizhi

Look at the faces of people as the train accelerates in speed. Notice the faces of excitement and awe... ;)

Maglev is the Future....

Back
Top Bottom