What's new

Jains in Pakistan

If coming from Karachi, You should go directly to Badin using the National Highway, bypassing Hyderabad. From Badin there is a road that leads to Umerkot and Mithi. From Mithi you go straight to Nagar, the city of the Jains, There are some Jain temples in Nagarparkar also.
In16th century the entire area known today as Thar desert was Jain. The rulers and most of the ruled were Jains. Today, only few Jains remain. Rest of them are Hindus.

Nagarparker:
tumblr_kpyyyfpCiT1qze1fwo1_500.jpg

4705911070_c48f7ca15d_z.jpg

Jain temple Tharparkar

Nagarparker
3208354667_5ac4f9d7be.jpg

amirjut707-2413954.jpg

Gori Sindth jain temple:
Gori_007.jpg

if there can be jews in pakistan, how hard it is to have jains in pakistan??

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3066138 said:
if there can be jews in pakistan, how hard it is to have jains in pakistan??
do we have jews in lahore. I thought Mrs Tawani of Yalikutat house on jail road was the last

^^^ If you guys have never met a jain or can't tell the difference between jains and hindus then how do you know there are any jains left in Pakistan ?

You can tell if you have met any guy with the surname Jain .
I said most, but not all. In fact I know quite a bit about it. But yeah, that's true, soe pppl think it's just a name

^^^ If you guys have never met a jain or can't tell the difference between jains and hindus then how do you know there are any jains left in Pakistan ?

You can tell if you have met any guy with the surname Jain .

well for most pakistanis JAINs are considered HINDUS hence don't know much. maybe we have maybe we don't i guess most pakistanis dont know

i know many jains in indian punjab. i am sure there must have been many in Pakistan. But most would have left for India.

Do you expect us to know about every single person in Pakistan? As for Jains, yeah they do exist in Karachi.

lol do we have to care wht does matter is that they are pakistani brothers thats it and for indian guys can u tell diffrnce between suni and shiaa muslim exctly same goes for jins and hindu :D we dont even care wht thr prsnly life is :D

Do you expect us to know about every single person in Pakistan? As for Jains, yeah they do exist in Karachi.
i am not expecting you to know each and every person in Pakistan.
i was just curios that wether Jain community still exists in pakistan.

Guess u didn't like the question?

Well the problem is you cant distinguish between a Jain and Hindu by just external looks.

i am not expecting you to know each and every person in Pakistan.
i was just curios that wether Jain community still exists in pakistan.

Guess u didn't like the question?

Well they do exist in Karachi and don't take me too seriously, I wasn't serious. I understand you were curious since your a Jain.

Well they do exist in Karachi and don't take me too seriously, I wasn't serious. I understand you were curious since your a Jain.
its ok

what i gather from all the posts is that Jain's which are in Pakistan are keeping a low profile and are content with being clubbed with Hindus. and there is no separate data available for them.

i dont blame anyone for that even in India Jain's even though they are prominent but they are intermingled with hindu's

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom