What's new

Jains in Pakistan

Gulu Lalvani the founder of Binatone, is a British citizen, living in Britain. God knows how he became back bone of Sindh!!

i am a Jain. i was just curious wether there are any Jains left in Pakistan. I know there are a few Jain temples in Pakistan. What is there condition and is there any jain left to take care of them.
Hi Nitesh,
Did you get more information on jainism in paksitan?
I am interested. Please share

You revive 5 year old thread :D
well i have no more infortmation than what i had five years ago.

i am sure no jains are left in pakistan and the temples have been clubbed with hindu temples and no seperate list is available.

Dunno yaar, I've known Hindus, Sikhs and Christian Pakistanis and I know people who know others besides them but I've never met a Jain nor have I met anyone whose met one !

maybe they just avoid you

well i have no more infortmation than what i had five years ago.

i am sure no jains are left in pakistan and the temples have been clubbed with hindu temples and no seperate list is available.

I think there are Jain temples in Bilot area of Dera Ismail Khan , Khyber Pukhtunkhwa . There is a jain temple which by the way was still functional till 2014 , i do not know about the current situation but am sure it is still functioning.

Interestingly there is this jain temple in DI Khan which is equally visited by both Muslims and Hindus rather most of the devotees are Muslims due to the reason that a Sadhu by the name of Baba Lal is buried there and he is followed by both the communities.

A Muslim man is looking after the temple earlier his father was used to look after the temple on the orders of a Muslim saint.

I think there are Jain temples in Bilot area of Dera Ismail Khan , Khyber Pukhtunkhwa . There is a jain temple which by the way was still functional till 2014 , i do not know about the current situation but am sure it is still functioning.

Interestingly there is this jain temple in DI Khan which is equally visited by both Muslims and Hindus rather most of the devotees are Muslims due to the reason that a Sadhu by the name of Baba Lal is buried there and he is followed by both the communities.

A Muslim man is looking after the temple earlier his father was used to look after the temple on the orders of a Muslim saint.

well i dont its a Jain temple. As jains dont bury there dead, they are cremated.

I have always had a healthy respect for our Jain community. Pragmatic people in harmony with nature.
Their strict dietary requirements fascinate me always.

well i dont its a Jain temple. As jains dont bury there dead, they are cremated.
read the history that is a point he was a sadhu but burried by Muslims who consider him sacred so now both visit his grave

Back
Top Bottom