What's new

Jains in Pakistan

its ok

what i gather from all the posts is that Jain's which are in Pakistan are keeping a low profile and are content with being clubbed with Hindus. and there is no separate data available for them.

i dont blame anyone for that even in India Jain's even though they are prominent but they are intermingled with hindu's

Well its really hard to differentiate between a Hindu and Jain just from their names because a lot of Jains don't have Jain as their last name. I don't know why Jains would want to keep a low profile and be clubbed with Hindus.

few jains are still in pakistan but i would really like to knw whether they follow jainism and tradition or not...?

I think many people who has last name as jain are not jains...

few jains are still in pakistan but i would really like to knw whether they follow jainism and tradition or not...?

well we don't know much about the religion so we can't comment. But all i know is hindus in pakistan celebrate most of their festivals with alot of zeal. like holi & diwali.

Being a Jains in Pakistan would be next to impossible. All our food has meat in it and even the vegi stuff is based in Onion and garlic. I would not be surprised if the Jains just starved to death in Pakistan.

Jain ? is it a religious ? I have never heard of it ... is it popular in India or Pakistan ?

Jain ? is it a religious ? I have never heard of it ... is it popular in India or Pakistan ?

Yes it is one of the oldest religion in world ... was widely spread across India from North to South, 2000-3500 years ago.
There were many Jains in Pakistan but without strong community and absence of Jain monks and temples, most of started following other things ..
Jainism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thank you for your interest.

I have personally never met any jains despite my activism and there are very very few in Pakistan. Their numbers are even less than the Sikh and Parsi communities which themselves make up less than .5% of the population. The Parsis are well known because of their businesses.

However there is a known jain called Gulu Lalvani the founder of Binatone. These people are the economic backbone of Sindh like the Pakistani Hindus.

Its sad that all these people eventually leave Pakistan. Its the governments responsibility to ensure minorities feel secure. Look at the disappearing culture of the Kalash and their conversions due to economic and social deprivation you will notice how sadly we have failed in our responsibility.

As long as people like you remain in pakistan; there will always be hope for minorities.. albeit a minor one...

I have personally never met any jains despite my activism and there are very very few in Pakistan. Their numbers are even less than the Sikh and Parsi communities which themselves make up less than .5% of the population. The Parsis are well known because of their businesses.

However there is a known jain called Gulu Lalvani the founder of Binatone. These people are the economic backbone of Sindh like the Pakistani Hindus.

Its sad that all these people eventually leave Pakistan. Its the governments responsibility to ensure minorities feel secure. Look at the disappearing culture of the Kalash and their conversions due to economic and social deprivation you will notice how sadly we have failed in our responsibility.

i am a Jain. i was just curious wether there are any Jains left in Pakistan. I know there are a few Jain temples in Pakistan. What is there condition and is there any jain left to take care of them.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

consolation-copy.jpg

well we don't know much about the religion so we can't comment. But all i know is hindus in pakistan celebrate most of their festivals with alot of zeal. like holi & diwali.

ok thanks for this information...

if there are no jains in pakistan then how do u knw that jains do not eat onion garlic etc...

ok thanks for this information...

if there are no jains in pakistan then how do u knw that jains do not eat onion garlic etc...

I don't know if you heard of this magical new thing called the internet. It's so amazing that you can even learn about a group of people even if non or few exist in your country.

Okay okay, I will stop being snarky :D

I personally did my research on them and I have a Sikh friend who become ananda marga (sp?) and he told he how they don't eat onion and garlic and how it was based on Jain influence.

I don't know if you heard of this magical new thing called the internet. It's so amazing that you can even learn about a group of people even if non or few exist in your country.

Okay okay, I will stop being snarky :D

I personally did my research on them and I have a Sikh friend who become ananda marga (sp?) and he told he how they don't eat onion and garlic and how it was based on Jain influence.

ok good...vese i have heard that before 1947 many jains use to stay in that area thats y many jain temples are still in existance overther bt people killed many hindus and jain in some locality...

thanks

you mention that the hindus are the economic backbone of Sindh Pakistan. Is it really true? if it is it is a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom