What's new

Jains in Pakistan

nitesh28

Reaction score
i am a Jain. i was just curious wether there are any Jains left in Pakistan. I know there are a few Jain temples in Pakistan. What is there condition and is there any jain left to take care of them.

i think the jains are busuness community in karachi and are wealthy enough to take care if their temples.

well i guess then there are no Jains left in Pakistan. Or maybe they are mixed as Hindus.

i am a Jain. i was just curious wether there are any Jains left in Pakistan. I know there are a few Jain temples in Pakistan. What is there condition and is there any jain left to take care of them.
Most Pakistanis can't tell the difference between Jains and Hindus. :P

well i guess then there are no Jains left in Pakistan. Or maybe they are mixed as Hindus.

There might be jains living in Pakistan and particularly Sindh but the issue is that they are treated same as Hindus. Most Pakistanis can't differentiate between Hindus and Jains.

^^^ If you guys have never met a jain or can't tell the difference between jains and hindus then how do you know there are any jains left in Pakistan ?

You can tell if you have met any guy with the surname Jain .

^^^ If you guys have never met a jain or can't tell the difference between jains and hindus then how do you know there are any jains left in Pakistan ?

You can tell if you have met any guy with the surname Jain .

Most people aviod asking other peoples religion if its established that they are non muslims,as our knowledge isnt deep about other religions.Even if the say they are jain i wont know whats jane and if its different from hindu.

No not in Lahore. There used to be a Jain Mandir (place is still call Jain Mandir), which was used for living by the punjabi mohajirs from East Punjab. When Babri masjid was demolished , a stupid mob demolished it. Local lahoris still regret its destruction since Jains, as mentioned by the old community of Lahore were very peaceful people.

But before any one here put blame on the molvis or the Islamist :) the mandir of DAV college (Now Islamia College) was defended by the Jamiyat people and was not allowed to be destroyed :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom