What's new

J&K assembly polls: Voters defy militants, over 70% turnout recorded so far

Does not matter...what it matters for me that people of the troubled region established faith in the democratic process of my nation rather supporting terrorist sympathiser separatist...Wheather BJP wins or not it is our internal debate and this is secondary in nature...

of course it's the democratic process that has become mainstream.

@JanjaWeed i think BJP will emerge as SLP.

Now it could have been done in two ways:

1. Either low percentage turnout & BJP wins.

2. High voter turnout & BJP wins.

In either way, BJP would have no way won seats in the valley (apart from 2-3 MAX.).

So, i guess 2 is the best option to show the world that BJP won, In a Muslim Majority state, WITH A HIGH VOTER TURNOUT & NOT ON TECHNICALITIES WHICH BURKHA DUET (& other coterie) WERE SAYING.

NOPE. Infact now a competition will start b/w Jammu & Valley (Healthy ofcourse) & BJP may sweep jammu while PDP wins Valley.

Close contest for SLP b/w the two, but my instinct says BJP will be the one & you will see collision govt. b/w the two.
That's what I said. BJP may lose out in Valley.. but Jammu & Ladakh are very much loaded in favor of BJP. Then again.. Valley does have huge chunk of seats... & a three way split between 'secular' parties may give remote chance to BJP!

Separatists have been calling for a boycott since ever; it didn't seem rational the first time they called it nor does it seem right now so naturally the people didn't listen to it.

How does that establish that the people of J&K are with India, Pakistan or Independence ?

Who cares till they are following the norms of Indian constitution and reposing faith in system?

:rofl:

They are in kashmir, how much more kashmiri
do you want

As opposed to dark hindu pandits who look like any other hindu,

mirpuris are as kashmiri as you get

Lol, no

Not even the sunni in kashmir take the Mirpuri as kashmiri.

?????????????

The sunni in Kashmir? ??????

Mirpur is INSIDE kashmir

height, skin colour, religion, culture, language, common history

its like saying punjab isnt part of india because the brshmins of Tamil Nadu dont accept them

:what:

How do I figure into any of this ? :unsure:

Besides what does the turn-out has to do with anything ? People will vote for development amongst other things....it doesn't mean that their political opinions have changed as well ! :undecided:
You boycotted? :( Baat bhi ni kar rha. :(

That's what I said. BJP may lose out in Valley.. but Jammu & Ladakh are very much loaded in favor of BJP. Then again.. Valley does have huge chunk of seats... & a three way split between 'secular' parties may give remote chance to BJP!
Our voting center is in Ganderbal, gave vote and rushed home - was sure there will be a curfew. But no act of violence. :D No curfew.
Thing is BJP has a chance in the Valley itself. Nearly 3 lakh Pandit voters have registered in the last 3 months! The Government of Jammu and Kashmir used to cancel our names deliberately citing minor mistakes. Now RSS (Indresh Kumar) did a door to door campaign. RSS has done a tremendous job in the interiors.

Of course this does not mean all Kashmiri Muslims have suddenly found BJP as their saviors. Not at all. But the votes have been divided. Apart from the Hindu and Sikh votes, BJP is also getting a major chunk of Gujjar, Pahari, Shia votes. The Sunni votes are also getting beautifully divided between PDP and Congress. NC unfortunately is nowhere in the scene this time. Had they at least existed, they would have cut some more Muslim votes. But this arrangement is also nice. As long as we are relevant to the electoral process, as long as the non Muslims (including Shia, etc) have a say in the Government of JnK, we know we will be saved from persecution.

That said, even young educated and un/under-employed Muslim youth are also willing to be adventurous. That can translate into grand surprises. :enjoy:

What did I tell ya all? :D Did in the morning.... suddenly things became damn cold. :P Gillani is crying in the gutter. :omghaha:

NO ACT OF VIOLENCE either. More peaceful than UP/Bihar polls. :P
2 possible outcomes

People r turning up in mass numbers to stop bjp from coming into power

Or
People r showing middle finger to the likes of geelani and some delusional neighbors....good days eh :D

Pakistan should intervene if article 370 is to be removed or hindu become CM of our occupied land.
Seem like hindutva Modi have forgotten about article 370, now next best option is hindu CM in Pakistani land.

Pakistan should intervene if article 370 is to be removed or hindu become CM of our occupied land.
Seem like hindutva Modi have forgotten about article 370, now next best option is hindu CM in Pakistani land.
intervene with what.....nukes?

Back
Top Bottom