What's new

It is time to learn Chinese

are Indians treated better than Chinese in US?I dont think so,during my stay in US,not only once I heard my white colleagues langhing about Indians using bare hands for both eating and wiping their *****.

are Indians treated better than Chinese in US?I dont think so,during my stay in US,not only once I heard my white colleagues langhing about Indians using bare hands for both eating and wiping their *****.

This is about chinese culture spread not about a comparison between India and China. The point is your labor class migrated to most countries and are settled there and are still migrating, but the spread of your language, culture has minimal influence in your master country. While the Western/African/South American -even to some extent the Japanese has been much more than you.

This is about chinese culture spread not about a comparison between India and China. The point is your labor class migrated to most countries and are settled there and are still migrating, but the spread of your language, culture has minimal influence in your master country. While the Western/African/South American -even to some extent the Japanese has been much more than you.

The most immigration we had in history was to Southeast Asia. The immigration in the past 30 years is a trickle compared to the one in the early 20th century when China was unstable. Out of 45 million overseas Chinese, only 5 million are recent immigrants.

Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia are heavily influenced by Chinese culture, especially Malaysia and Singapore. That is because even though we traveled there as menial laborers, the descendants of the Chinese immigrants there were hardworking and became rich. Indians immigrating to the Gulf are there to be menial laborers, and their descendants will continue being poor manual laborers.

Come on your labourers still work in africa/ cuba/ Romania even India, my point is the influencing part that failed. You were the first Asians to land in the US to work in the mines and the railroads, but your influence on the US society is minimal. The Africans did much better than you. Their language, dressing, songs, food(ok chinese food is famous as well) is a part of US culture now, so is the Mexican and the Cuban but not as much chinese.

I don't want to hurt your feelings but "laborers working in India" are there to manage and teach Indians, and are on overseas assignment with Chinese companies. That is fundamentally different from Indian laborers (real laborers that can't read) being imported labor for Gulf Arab companies.

The most immigration we had in history was to Southeast Asia. The immigration in the past 30 years is a trickle compared to the one in the early 20th century when China was unstable. Out of 45 million overseas Chinese, only 5 million are recent immigrants.

Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia are heavily influenced by Chinese culture, especially Malaysia and Singapore. That is because even though we traveled there as menial laborers, the descendants of the Chinese immigrants there were hardworking and became rich. Indians immigrating to the Gulf are there to be menial laborers, and their descendants will continue being poor manual laborers.

I don't want to hurt your feelings but "laborers working in India" are there to manage and teach Indians, and are on overseas assignment with Chinese companies. That is fundamentally different from Indian laborers (real laborers that can't read) being imported labor for Gulf Arab companies.

No the chinese laborers working in India are here to work not teach, so are the chinese laborers working in many other countries as well. And about the gulf Indians try talking to a few Pakistani's/Bangladeshis/Sri Lankans and find out who actually runs the businesses in the Gulf countries and u would surprised.

No the chinese laborers working in India are here to work not teach, so are the chinese laborers working in many other countries as well. And about the gulf Indians try talking to a few Pakistani's/Bangladeshis/Sri Lankans and find out who actually runs the businesses in the Gulf countries and u would surprised.

Here let me teach you then. I won't charge a labor fee.

The Long March: Chinese Workers in India - China Digital Times (CDT)

Differences arise notably out of language problems and the “obscene” pay disparities—domestic workers get Rs 87 a day while a Chinese co-worker, according to one account from an Indian worker, gets Rs 1,700 a day. Things get that much more tricky because these workers are here in complete violation of Indian visa guidelines which prohibit entry of such labour.

Let's see. We're in your country, paying you nothing while paying our own citizens much more, disrespecting Indians and there's nothing you can do about it.

India imports 15,000 Chinese laborers to build, teach infrastructure projects

"I have worked on building four new steel plants in the last 10 years in China, and I am here to teach Indian workers to do the same," Hulai Xiong, 38, said about the construction site in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand. "In China, we build very fast. Indian workers are slow and sometimes lazy. They are not familiar with modern industrial construction processes."

Clad in blue overalls, 1,600 Chinese supervisors, technicians and other laborers work at the 2,000-acre site. The $1.7 billion factory, which also relies on Chinese technology, employs 5,000 Indian workers.

We're in your country, managing and teaching Indians, and treating you like servants, and paying you nothing.

The report also includes a comparison of the treatment of Indian and Chinese workers employed by Chinese firms:

Our Workers

* Paid minimum wage, takes home Rs 87 per day after deductions
* Have no uniforms
* Enjoy no added benefits
* Considered not equally “efficient”
* Speak no English or Mandarin

Their Workers

* Chinese co-worker said to earn Rs 1,700 a day
* Have uniforms with bright colours
* Live in AC barracks with Chinese food and TV
* ”Dedicated” and “deadline-oriented”
* Speak no Hindi or English

Of course I ain't one of your people, shuttla "brotha" ...:stop:

In spite of me no yo people, I still fixed the chairman accent for you, didn't I?

"泥補斯窘柜银!" you better fix your mind dude!

LOL so what does that prove the Chinese are rats and cheat their master country and do unfair trade practices. We are veering from the topic here.

I am talking of the cultural influence - you guys were in North America since 2 centuries and were unable to influence any cultural change

Our population in North America is 1% the US population. Indians are at least 40% of UAE.

How are we cheating? In India, we are obeying the law - paying Indians minimum wage, as stipulated by law. It is not illegal to pay Chinese workers more money. It is not illegal to make Indians stay in the sun while Chinese sit in air conditioned rooms. If you find it humiliating, then quit the job.

Our population in North America is 1% the US population. Indians are at least 40% of UAE.

How are we cheating? In India, we are obeying the law - paying Indians minimum wage, as stipulated by law. It is not illegal to pay Chinese workers more money. It is not illegal to make Indians stay in the sun while Chinese sit in air conditioned rooms. If you find it humiliating, then quit the job.

the steel plant ur talking abt is built by some involvement by chinese company. theres nothing to be proud of that. indian company tata produces better quality of steel than some european countries. u guys need to chill and wait for ur country to crash and the time when when u will have to pay for all the buildings and steel plants, trains etc u guys built

Sure you can. Hope this doesn't sting:

United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20% Emirati + 23% other Arab + Iranians + 50% South/Southeast Asians. Only 7% are "other" - white and East Asian.

My posts was based on personal experience, but here you go:

Influx of Chinese labour for UAE construction jobs | ConstructionWeekOnline.com

The recession has also pushed UAE developers to source cheaper partners, said Philippe Dessoy, general manager of Six Construct, the Sharjah-based subsidiary of Belgium’s Besix Group.

Dubai, which was worst hit by the construction crash, saw more than half of its projects cancelled in the wake of the downturn.

“For us, we don’t have Chinese workers,” Dessoy said. “We employed about 500 Chinese workers about five, six years ago and we were not satisfied by the quality of their work.”

Dessoy said the downturn had created a price war that forced companies to cut corners and hire cheap labour, which in turn affected the quality of work.

Muddying the issue is the rise of salaries in key source markets such as India- which saw wages rise 11.1 percent last year – which has forced companies to look elsewhere for labour.

“You can cut corners, but at the end, it will affect quality,” Dessoy said.

Chinese labour is cheap but the quality is shoddy

Don't think we're like you. We're not like you. We are never like you. We are Chinese, you are Indian.

Expatriates in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

100% true as we don't make our workers work 7 days a week like the Chinese do.

Chinese labourers work 7 days a week - The National

Some Chinese labourers say they are routinely assigned nine-hour workdays, seven days a week, a violation of UAE labour law.

Topic Workers' rights Dubai
Such a schedule is standard in China. In the Emirates, however, regulations stipulate that labourers can work a maximum of six days a week, for eight hours each day, plus a maximum of two hours a day of overtime, for which they would be compensated at a special rate.

"Chinese labourers all work seven days a week. This is the custom in China," said a manager at China State Construction Engineering Company, a leading state-owned enterprise and the largest Chinese construction company in the UAE. The company employs 4,500 workers in the UAE - a third of them Chinese. "They can take a day off or a sick day, but they will not get paid."

Indeed, for many workers on seven-day schedules, burnout comes quickly. "If we were at home we could have left our jobs, but here we cannot," said one labourer, who arrived in the UAE six months ago. "We don't know where to go to complain. We don't want to make Chinese people look bad." "In any case, the salaries in Dubai are high. So we just let it go," he said. "We will work for two years and go home."

So this is how the Communists, the so called champions against capitalism and worker exploitation treats their workers.

Indians in Gulf work as manual labours to running top industries worth billions. The below is a list of richest Indians in Gulf:

1 Micky Jagtiani 3.2bn
2 Yusuffali MA 1.75bn
3 BR Shetty 1.72bn
4 Chhabria family 1.3bn
5 PNC Menon 1.2bn
6 Sunny Varkey 950m
7 Rajen Kilachand 900m
8 Tony Jashanmal 900m
9 LT Pagarani 820m
10 Dr. Mohammed Ali 725m

Indian Rich List 2011 - Lists - ArabianBusiness.com

google "Malaysia" or maybe "Singapore". I don't need to show you videos.

you make the most of the Singapore population, so effectively u have overrun Singapore

the island's population stood at 5.18 million with 3.8 million citizens and 1.4 million non-resident foreigners[1] and is the second most densely populated independent country in the world (behind Monaco).[2] Singapore is a multicultural country with a majority population of Chinese (74 percent), The Malays are recognised as the indigenous community although most are the descendants of post-1945 immigrants from Indonesia and Malaysia.

In Malaysia you constitute 1/4 of the population

The Malaysian Chinese (Bahasa Malaysia: Kaum Cina Malaysia; simplified Chinese: 马来西亚华人; traditional Chinese: 馬來西亞華人; pinyin: Mǎláixīyà Huárén), or also referred to as Chinese Malaysians, are Malaysians of Chinese origin. Most are descendants of Chinese who arrived between the first and the mid-twentieth centuries. Malaysian Chinese constitute one group of Overseas Chinese and is home to one of the largest Chinese communities in all world regions. Within Malaysia, they are usually simply referred to as "Chinese" in all languages. As of 2010, approximately 24.6% of Malaysian population are of Chinese origin, constituting a quarter of Malaysian citizens.

So no surprises there.

Indians in Gulf work as manual labours to running top industries worth billions. The below is a list of richest Indians in Gulf:

1 Micky Jagtiani 3.2bn
2 Yusuffali MA 1.75bn
3 BR Shetty 1.72bn
4 Chhabria family 1.3bn
5 PNC Menon 1.2bn
6 Sunny Varkey 950m
7 Rajen Kilachand 900m
8 Tony Jashanmal 900m
9 LT Pagarani 820m
10 Dr. Mohammed Ali 725m

Indian Rich List 2011 - Lists - ArabianBusiness.com

thanks for the info :tup: