What's new

Israel , so scared of Hezbollah Fateh 110

IranDefence

Reaction score
Country
Austria
All signs indicate that the strike which took place early Friday morning near the Mezzeh Military Airport west of Damascus, according to Syrian reports, was aimed at destroying a shipment of accurate Iranian surface-to-surface missiles to Hezbollah.

This can be concluded from the claim that the attacked targets were near the airport and from the knowledge that Iran transfers the missiles it supplies to Hezbollah through cargo planes that land in the Damascus area, and mainly in the military airport which is located not far from the Lebanon border.

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah and senior commanders of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards announced recently that the Lebanese organization was receiving missiles, and even accurate missiles, from Iran—likely satellite-guided missiles (GPS) that could reach central and even southern Israel and threaten most of the essential facilities and civilian and military airports in the State of Israel.

They were likely referring to improved Fateh-111 or Fateh-110 missiles, and maybe even Zelzal missiles that are produced in Iran, which have a range of 200-300 kilometers (125-186 miles). Their warhead weighs about 400 kilograms (880 pounds). Hezbollah has already declared that it plans to use these missiles to attack the General Staff at the Kirya Base in Tel Aviv and other essential targets across Israel.

751515501004183640360no.jpg

The results of the attack near the Mezzeh Military Airport

The accuracy of these missiles can hit targets within a radius of only several meters, instead of hundreds of meters with unguided missiles. For this reason, Israel is interested in reducing the number of such missiles in Hezbollah’s possession. The higher the number of accurate missiles in the hands of Nasrallah’s people, the greater Hezbollah’s ability to target more and more essential facilities in a conflict with Israel and deal more losses on Israeli territory.

According to reports from oppositional sources in Syria, early Friday’s strike also included military facilities in the Jabal Qasiun area, the mountain range overlooking Damascus where many military camps and facilities are located. If facilities were indeed attacked on Mount Qasiun, they were likely, at least according to Syrian opposition sources, missile depots and antiaircraft systems intended to serve Hezbollah’s aerial defense system .

46057037991193640360no.jpg

Fateh-110 missile. Accurate and lethal (Photo: AP)

An interesting fact is that the Syrian general staff noted in its official statement that the strike was carried out by Israel Air Force planes which circled the Sea of Galilee area, but did not enter Syrian airspace. According to the Syrians, these planes launched accurate guided missiles at the targets near the airport in the Damascus area. The images from the area of the strike indicate that the attack was indeed carried out using accurate means, as there were many additional bombings in the area and maybe even casualties.

The Syrians are interested in emphasizing the fact that Israel did not enter their airspace, so that they will not have to explain why the strike attributed to Israel was carried out successfully without the Syrians targeting the planes or disrupting their activity. On the other hand, if the strike was indeed carried out by the IAF, Israel has no interest and no need to enter Syrian territory in order to attack targets in the Damascus area, so as to avoid friction with the antiaircraft systems and the planes operated by Russia on Syrian territory.

It’s a known fact that very accurate air-to-surface missiles can be launched from distances of dozens and even hundreds of kilometers and hit the target at an accuracy of 1 or 2 meters. There are of course additional reports from the Syrian opposition about F-35 IAF planes which attacked for the first time, but it’s safe to assume that even if the IAF did use planes, the Syrian opposition sources had no way of detecting and knowing that.

Damaging Hezbollah’s abilities

Israel, presumably, has no interest in clarifying the uncertainty, and so the IDF is keeping quiet. Apart from keeping operational information confidential, Israel is not interested in challenging the Syrians in a way which will call for a response on their part. While the Syrians specifically announced that the strike was carried out by Israel, as they have been doing recently, if Israel refrains from claiming responsibility – the possibility of an escalation is reduced.

4605704099084640360no.jpg

Israel fears Hezbollah will receive more Fateh-110 shipments (Photo: AP)

The Syrian general staff already announced in the past, in the assassination of murderer Samir Kuntar in a Damascus suburb, that Israeli planes had attacked Syria while circling the Sea of Galilee. It was. In that incident too, the Syrians claimed that the strike was carried out by missiles.

The victory in Aleppo has instilled confidence in the Damascus regime and in its security forces, with Russian and Iranian backing. Today, they appear less sensitive and less afraid of an Israeli response, which is why Israel must take the Syrian general staff’s promise to respond seriously.

These may be empty words like in the past, but in light of the recent successes in the war against the rebels, it’s quite possible that the Syrian army will try to implement some sort of retaliation, whether in the Golan Heights or in northern Israel. The IDF is aware of that and is preparing for such a possibility. One thing is clear: The damage caused by the attack early Friday near the Mezzeh Airport appears to be big and will significantly harm Hezbollah’s ability to target Israeli territory.

Experts say this is part of the war between wars, in which the IDF is supposedly trying to minimize casualties among the civilian population and damage the essential facilities in Israel, in case a war breaks out. It’s a Sisyphean battle which has to be waged constantly, as the other side is also finding ways and means to smuggle improved, high-quality weapons to Hezbollah. That is exactly what Israel is trying to thwart – both vis-à-vis Hezbollah and vis-à-vis Hamas.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4907555,00.html

Interesting read - thanks.

The IDF, as a professional military, is a role model for armies everywhere. No talk, no fuss, no ceremony or grandstanding, direct to-the-point measures without unnecessary bravado or chest-thumping - or other ways to escalate. You can disagree with Israel's policies but you can't but respect their military doctrine - and this has nothing to do with technological prowess (something where they have a superiority now but not in the past).

I am always curious, why there was no counter-attack to Israeli air strikes on Syrian military and alleged WMD facilities through past decade, even before the start of civil war ?

Guys, i dont give a single f.... if you believe me or not.
I trust the source, its confident and all infos were proven correct till today
Fact are that eyewitnesses saw fireblasts at the Hatzor Airbase and took pictures from it.
The massive western media blackout support the source info
what you gonna tell the american taxpayers? That iron dame is a piece of shit, .. i doubt it
what you gonna tell the israel population? that iron dome stands no chance in possible next war against Hezbollah precision guided rockets/missiles and cause panic in the population?...i doubt it

some months ago american bombarding Deir ez-Zor which killed around 100 SAA troops and 7 russian special forces.
russians retaliate with 3 kalibr missiles which took out an operation room killing 30 Israeli, US, Turkish, Saudi, Qatari and British officers.
Western bedia blackout.

https://southfront.org/30-foreign-i...lled-in-missile-attack-in-aleppo-unconfirmed/

Guys, i dont give a single f.... if you believe me or not.
I trust the source, its confident and all infos were proven correct till today
Fact are that eyewitnesses saw fireblasts at the Hatzor Airbase and took pictures from it.
The massive western media blackout support the source info
what you gonna tell the american taxpayers? That iron dame is a piece of shit, .. i doubt it
what you gonna tell the israel population? that iron dome stands no chance in possible next war against Hezbollah precision guided rockets/missiles and cause panic in the population?...i doubt it

some months ago american bombarding Deir ez-Zor which killed around 100 SAA troops and 7 russian special forces.
russians retaliate with 3 kalibr missiles which took out an operation room killing 30 Israeli, US, Turkish, Saudi, Qatari and British officers.
Western bedia blackout.

https://southfront.org/30-foreign-i...lled-in-missile-attack-in-aleppo-unconfirmed/

That does seem to be the case. Media black out is a common occurrence in Israel and the West. Regardless, we will have to wait and see.

I do remember the Russian retaliation and I also have concluded that it was real. It only makes sense since after the attack the militants actions around that area and around the country were "stunted" to say the least. Also US actions in Syria were much more "humble" after that with the US having to move around special forces members and talk to Russians about their positions.

Also regarding the recent strike on the Hatzor military Air base. If it is real, and that picture that was posted with the smoke and the explosion from the strike I'm assuming, then we have entered a new phase in the war. Seems as though Hezbollah will have to be fighting Israel very soon, since Hezbollah is rapidly growing stronger day by day, hour by hour and Israel just can't have a group that is able to defend itself so close to it's borders (to the Israeli's on here, don't take this as some sort of snide remark against you, it's just the truth and you know it, I really don't mean any disrespect, Hezbollah is capable and professional, they've showed on more than one occasion, and they can win given the chance, no need to save face).

I don't know though, tensions are high and emotions can dictate our perceptions into believing things, but I will say for now that the strike did in fact happen. But video proof of the strike happening or not happening would be needed to at least substantiate initial claims.

I don't like how my country and Israel down play our losses. It's not honorable.

Interesting read - thanks.

The IDF, as a professional military, is a role model for armies everywhere. No talk, no fuss, no ceremony or grandstanding, direct to-the-point measures without unnecessary bravado or chest-thumping - or other ways to escalate. You can disagree with Israel's policies but you can't but respect their military doctrine - and this has nothing to do with technological prowess (something where they have a superiority now but not in the past).

They have always had a technological prowess, don't kid yourself. If they were so tough, why didn't they strike Iran or Pakistan? I'll tell you why, because then they would actually have to fight a worthy opponent.

I am always curious, why there was no counter-attack to Israeli air strikes on Syrian military and alleged WMD facilities through past decade, even before the start of civil war ?

Because Israel is far more powerful than Syria.

Only a fool will think Assad decrepit military will strike Israel. They can't even handle syrian rebels who have taken control of over half the country and would have conquered the whole country if not for Russia and Iranian troops with its proxies like Hezbollah and other Shias militias groups from the region, and yet people somehow think Syria will retaliate against Israel? Lol That will only weaken an already powerless demoralised Syrian military. Even at its peak the Syrian military never really dared Israel irrespective of a civil war, much less today.
Israel will probably keep targeting Syria as long as Syria serves as a base of transit for weapons destined for Terror groups like Hezbollah or Hamas. They wil rightly keep targeting such weapons transfer. If Assad wants such attacks to stop, he will have to stop acting as transit for such weapons to such Terror groups:)

Last edited:
Only a fool will think Assad decrepit military will strike Israel.

The time is over when zionists strike unprovokenly Syrian soil
Dr Assad made this clear on 15.01.2017
Israel bombed Damascus Airbase, Hezbollah retaliated with rockets against Hatzor Airbase.

They can't even handle syrian rebels who have taken control of over half he country and would habe conquered the whole country if not for Russia and Iranian troops with its proxies like Hezbollah and other Shias militias groups from the region

Dont make stupid comments!
In this war Nato is involved, including Saudi Arabia/Quatar/Turkey....

Israel will probably keep targeting Syria as long as Syriq serves as a base of transit for Terror groups like Hezbollah or Hamas. They will keep targeting such weapons transfer.

And Hezbollah will be ready....

They have always had a technological prowess, don't kid yourself. If they were so tough, why didn't they strike Iran or Pakistan? I'll tell you why, because then they would actually have to fight a worthy opponent.

Because Israel is far more powerful than Syria.

Why would Israel attack Pakistan militarily? Except for some pilots, volunteers and advisors - who obviously had a limited role given they were on secondment to the arab armies Pakistan has never attacked Israel - excluding Khwaja's recent blooper of course :) Anyway plenty of weaker Arab and non-Arab countries sent volunteers and pilots too (Algeria / NK) and it's not like they were attacked.

Iran has been wise enough to not directly attack Israel but wage a proxy war using Hezbollah - almost an arm of their military. That proxy has been attacked continuously in Lebanon and in Syria - and beaten so military goals are accomplished.

As for technological prowess Israel had no armed forces in 1948 when it was attacked by a half dozen arab armies (some of whom had been independent for many years). In 1967 the arabs had the redoubtable Mig-21 and Tu-18 aircraft (compared to the Mirages of the IAF) and in 1973 the Egyptians had the very best of the USSR's SAMs and radar - though the IAF had some F-4s.

The time is over when zionists strike unprovokenly Syrian soil
Dr Assad made this clear on 15.01.2017
Israel bombed Damascus Airbase, Hezbollah retaliated with rockets against Hatzor Airbase.
Lol your use of words already tells me what kind of person you are and shows your bias. Not that I expected anything else. It's normal that as a Muslim/islamist you hold such views. I'd have been surprise if you didn't . :)
Anyway, the so called Syria/Hezbollah attack is a bluff. If it was real, I'm sure Israel will even be happy since it will backed them to justify striking Syrian military and Hezbollah in Syria even more.

Dont make stupid comments!
In this war Nato is involved, including Saudi Arabia/Quatar/Turkey.....
Lol which NATO? You really think if we wanted ASSAD gone so badly he will still be in power? Lol We wouldn't have even needed to send our ground troops, just by striking his regime from the air and wipping out his air force like we did with Libya would have been enough. The rebels ould have done the rest in a couple of weeks. Lol
Thing is, our support to Syrian rebels especially FSA has been very limited. The little military support they get/got came from regional powers lie TURKEY,KSA, and other Gulf states. Seems our leaders merely wanted to avoid getting entangle in Syria (since syria has no real strategic value for Western powers anyway, no natural resources or whatever), so it seems they didn't mind the war grinding to a standoff and exhausting other powers like Russia and Iran. Just my take anyway. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom