What's new

Israel chose Italian M-346 over Korean T-50

Probably, or maybe upgraded and sold

Probably to Argentina or Brazil.

I think this the first time Israel is buying an aircraft with Russian technology since the M-346 is a Joint Russian/Italian venture

T-50 is times and times better than M-346... Only reason Israel did not choose T-50 is SK's close ties with Turkey and fear of arms ambargo....

Pity... Nah.. just kidding... I am happy they had to purchase second class material :chilli::chilli::chilli:

T-50 is times and times better than M-346... Only reason Israel did not choose T-50 is SK's close ties with Turkey and fear of arms ambargo....

Pity... Nah.. just kidding... I am happy they had to purchase second class material :chilli::chilli::chilli:

And? lets say T-50 is "better", maybe it is just what IAF needs, why overkill? M-346 is cheaper, and Italy might buy systems worth 1 billion$ of AWACS systems from Israel

And? lets say T-50 is "better", maybe it is just what IAF needs, why overkill? M-346 is cheaper, and Italy might buy systems worth 1 billion$ of AWACS systems from Israel
Italy must buy, not might, there is a clause that if they do not buy then the deal is canceled.

@Deno

Italy was chosen for many reasons, one of them is that they are a friendly nation while S.Korea has only diplomatic relations and nothing beyond. Friends are worth more than deals.

M-346 is better as trainer, T-50 is better as fighter. T-50 is good for poor countries which cant afford normal fighters.

Nooo, Israel leased Mig29 for evaluation purpose, actually i served in the squadron where Mig 29 was evaluated, Israeli Flight Test Center :)

So...what do you think of the MiG-29 compared to the F-16s you use?

So...what do you think of the MiG-29 compared to the F-16s you use?
My friend talked with IAF pilot. Here what he said:

MiG-29
+ helmet targeting system,
+ speed
+ good t/w ratio
- poor visibility from cockpit
- range
- avionics
- hard for control (no fly by wire)
- smoky engines.

F-16:
+ excellent cockpit visibility
+ range
+ max angular velocity
+ avionics
+ easy to control
- less max speed, small off-boresight angle of AIM-9 (solved by Python-4/5)

Back
Top Bottom