What's new

Korea urged to adopt China exit strategy amid hegemonic war

Chinese market is the hardest in the world.

Not just for foreign companies, but also for local companies as well, and it's even harder for the locals.

Foreign companies are in a better position, because they have a home base (their country), that they have already conquered.

And foreign companies also have longer experience and more money than the local.

If foreign companies are complaining, I can imagine what local companies do, maybe crying like babies.

1.4 billion people in one big market, free market for all, competing and killing each other in one giant arena.

But in this kind of brutal market, great champions are born.

Chinese companies are no kidding. If foreign companies are complaining about them, that is not a joke.

A big market like China tends to have a faster cycle, no wonder if Chinese product evolved faster than others.

A big market can also bring the cost down significantly.

I can't blame China, not even to call them cheating, I even feel sorry for them, but that is the natural result of a big market.

Foreign country should use China for their advantages to conquer the world.

South Korean and Japanese companies are actually the lucky ones, because they are closer to China than the others.

But they are stupid for not using China for their own advantages.
No doubt. Many of the Chinese businessmen and women I've met are cutthroat.

Tough times for business people.

While conditions in the country remain challenging, forays into relocating operations away from China accelerated.

Of the 40% of American companies shifting their investments away from China, Southeast Asia ranked as the leading relocation spot, with the U.S. and Mexico as the next most popular choices.

See: U.S. companies looking to move manufacturing from China turn to India

Other metrics worsened from last year.

Only 26% of businesses surveyed said China was among their top three investment destinations, a substantial drop from the year-earlier 40% — and the business climate in 2022 was already distressing for foreign firms.

From the archives (May 2023): Foreign businesses in China fear they’re being targeted in a ‘campaign’ of government crackdowns. It’s probably not that simple.

“It took a trade war, a breakdown in geopolitical tensions, a pandemic and finally a year’s worth of zero-COVID lockdowns, but finally corporates got the message that the days of business-as-usual in China are over — and that they needed not just contingency planning but an actual pivot to ensure their global supply chains couldn’t be held hostage to whatever happens in a country half a world away,” Leland R. Miller, CEO of the China Beige Book consultancy, told MarketWatch.

China becoming completely self dependent can be an inspiration for many. Hard work pays off.

China is forced to do so. Semiconductor chips used to be the category that China imported the most.
That’s normal China pursuing self sufficiency. That’s nothing wrong. The problem is just what products Germany, Korea or Japan can sell into China in the future? Chinese imports stay flat in recent years. The trend says China will import less not more. The only growth is inflationary product prices caused by wars, corona and other crisis. Germany exports to China if taking out inflation factors shrink by 7.5 percent. That trend will accelerate.

Isn't that a good thing? Free up industrial capacity in China to manufacture better things? Whenever I hear about Apple Samsung LG moving manufacturing elsewhere... Boohoo! I hardly buy those things anyways. Good riddance!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom