What's new

Islamisation of Pakistan’s legal system

Non Abrahamic? So the other divine religions you mean to say? Sir, the other two holy books were changed over the time, except the Quran.
If you mean to say, non-divine religions? Remember, the people of Israel were exposed to so many miracles of Allah (Swt), but after every miracle they rejected Musa (AS) and His message. Actually, this nation is discussed the most in Quran.
Same with goes with Non Abrahamic, they rejected the message and they were on their own.

“This Book is not to be doubted…. As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their hearts and ears; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them.” Quran 2:1/2:6-2:10

It is evident you do not understand what non-Abrahamic means in context here:

The three main Abrahamic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The non-Abrahamic religions are a diverse everything else, like Buddhism, Hinduism, the Incan and Native American religions, etc all over the rest of the world.

It is evident you do not understand what non-Abrahamic means in context here:

The three main Abrahamic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The non-Abrahamic religions are a diverse everything else, like Buddhism, Hinduism, the Incan and Native American religions, etc all over the rest of the world.

That is why I used word non-divine religions. As these three are divine religions and I thought you're being more specific about Judaism with word Abrahmic.

That is why I used word non-divine religions. As these three are divine religions and I thought you're being more specific about Judaism with word Abrahmic.

So what is the difference between a divine and a non-divine religion? All religions claim a higher authority as their source by belief. How can anyone judge or prove such a statement of belief?

So what is the difference between a divine and a non-divine religion? All religions claim a higher authority as their source by belief. How can anyone judge or prove such a statement of belief?

Divine religions are the Abrahamic religions as you states earlier and rests are non divine.
I will get back to this second part of your comment. It cannot be explained in few lines.

Sir! i would like to give you the answer of your question according to my low knowledge sorah al kafiroon.

Divine religions are the Abrahamic religions as you states earlier and rests are non divine.
I will get back to this second part of your comment. It cannot be explained in few lines.

It will be interesting to see how you try to explain how one can judge what is divine or not where religious beliefs are concerned.

Sir! i would like to give you the answer of your question according to my low knowledge sorah al kafiroon.

But such an explanation will be part of what Muslims believe. It cannot be proof.

It will be interesting to see how you try to explain how one can judge what is divine or not where religious beliefs are concerned.

But such an explanation will be part of what Muslims believe. It cannot be proof.

I am not judging any religion sir. I will try to explain why Islam is divine religion. :)
I respect all those religions.

I am not judging any religion sir. I will try to explain why Islam is divine religion. :)
I respect all those religions.

As long as you accept that your explanation is part of your own personal beliefs, applicable to Muslims only. Others are entitled to their own personal beliefs. Equally.

If you had watched GoT then you wouldnt have asked for the explanation
Let me give you the explanation on why only the Abrahamic religions are divine- MY GOD IS THE ONE TRUE GOD

On a diff note,for those who dont understand
Abrahamic religion means people who believe in Abraham....factually it has got nothing to do with what is divine and what is not

The creator of the universe. The balance among all the systems of the universe who controlled them and working according to their routine.

The creator of the universe. The balance among all the systems of the universe who controlled them and working according to their routine.

Please note that a diversity of religious beliefs is part of said universe too.

When something is open to interpretation it is bound to cause troubles, there will always be people who will find the creeks and try to sneak through it. Same is the case with Some islamic laws, there are various interpretations on that. And since Pakistan is not a monolith not even Islam in Pakistan, one side always call even the islamic laws, unislamic. Its about the time the laws are made easier, equal for everyone. If we can simplify them, minimizing the ways they can be interpreted differently we can move forward, otherwise here we are already.

That is exactly why religion must be kept separate from matters of State, including the legal system.

So how does your argument apply to non-Abrahamic faiths?

I'm not fully aware of the type of discussion you are having with @Ammara Chaudhry but I would like to give my response to your statements.

"And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.” – Quran 16:36

According to Islam every civilization, nation and a group of people were sent messengers, advocating them to come to the true path, such messages could have been twisted later by men in order to acquire power or other personal gains and interest.

One must not judge or reach conclusions of the concept of God espoused by a religion by merely the practice of it's followers, it is quite common for the followers of many religions to be ignorant of the concept of God found in their scriptures, it is therefore better to analyse any religion by referring to it's holy scriptures.

Hinduism:

"He is One only without a second." - Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1

"Of Him there are neither parents nor lord." - Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9

"There is no likeness of Him." - Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19

"His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye." - Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20

"There is no image of Him." - Yajurveda 32:3

"He is bodyless and pure." - Yajurveda 40:8

"They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink
deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti." - Yajurveda 40:9

"There is no image of Him." - Yajurveda 32:3

"O friends, do not worship anybody but Him, the Divine One. Praise Him alone." - Rigveda 8:1:1

Judaism:

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." - Bible 6:4

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God . . ." Bible 45:5

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." - Bible 46:9

"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God . . ." Bible 20:3-5

Christianity:

"My Father is greater than I." John 14:28

"My Father is greater than all." John 10:29

" . . . it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons . . " - Mathew 12:28

"I drive out demons by the finger of God" - Mathew 11:20

"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me." - John 5:30

"Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me." - John 14:24

Islam:
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to Him any equivalent." - Quran 112:1-4

Messengers were sent to every Civilization on earth and there are remarkable similarities of the concept of God present in world's major and ancient religious scriptures, which the followers themselves contradict, such similarities of the concept of God can also be found in ancient dead religion the likes of Zoroastrianism etc speaking about the oneness of the Creator, so as to speaking of which religions being divine well according to Islam stating that messengers were to sent to every nation, every world's ancient and major religion could very well have been divine.

Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." - Quran 3:64

Last edited:
I'm an Indian Bengali, I've visited India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. I have to say, the people I met in Pakistan were great and very hospitable. I was treated like a king, but does the world know about good Pakistani values on ground?

Because the world media, which is 95% dominated by the Western media, only chooses to portray Pakistan in a negative light. That's not something under Pakistan's control.

It is true that we Pakistanis have to do our part to improve the conditions in our country.

Is Islam universal for all of humanity and for all times?
Truly

Does this make it obligatory for all Muslims to impose it on everybody? If not, then it cannot be universal. If it is universal, then how do others have a right to different beliefs?

Because every person has been gifted with the right of FREE WILL until his/her soul transcends on. for a very limited time, every human is free to choose his/her own beliefs and ways of doing things. however in the End each one will reap what he/she sowed.

sawal gandum jawab channa, well, I rather be Waite some one come from Allah and lead us or put back us on Sarat e Mustaqeem instead of follow deen e mulla, till that Quran and teaching of AnHadhrat Mohammad PBUH is enough for me to follow.

what the h is deen-e-mulla?
we are to follow Quran and authentic ahadis and nothing else. there is no more no less to it.
without a slightest of doubt Quran is Absolute and it is enough for a true seeker of enlightenment.

and on the other hand, every time I see threads like these I am forced to believe PDF has been infested with trollers, hypocrites and the Illiterate.

Please note that a diversity of religious beliefs is part of said universe too.

That is exactly why religion must be kept separate from matters of State, including the legal system.
Allah bachaye tairey jaan kay razia ghundoan mein phas gaye θ\(;¬_¬)

Back
Top Bottom