What's new

Islamabad delays $24 bln deal with France: Retaliates for JF-17 parts hold

www.attimes.com

The deal with Suez was suppose to cost Govt $1 Bn as the lowest bid from Fauji foundation was igonred.

However, Analysts believe that any long-term delay in signing or a cancellation of the deal will hurt the government's efforts to ease the country's energy crisis and further damage efforts to attract foreign investment. Pakistan, with limited gas supplies compared with demand, is expected to face its worst gas shortages in the next three to four years due to gas supply projects being delayed or subject to litigation.

www.attimes.com

The deal with Suez was suppose to cost Govt $1 Bn as the lowest bid from Fauji foundation was igonred.

However, Analysts believe that any long-term delay in signing or a cancellation of the deal will hurt the government's efforts to ease the country's energy crisis and further damage efforts to attract foreign investment. Pakistan, with limited gas supplies compared with demand, is expected to face its worst gas shortages in the next three to four years due to gas supply projects being delayed or subject to litigation.

Firstly no one knows what the Ehem Fouju foundation bid, do they have a engineering department ? Or they just a middle man to take the cut and then contract it out to another forigne company

Will the fouju foundation be liable for engineering damages or problems who will pay for it fouji foundation or Gov of Pakistan ?
What if they build something and then they are out of business who will chase who ....

#1 We need the exact figures on what the fouji foundation bid
#2 What was their plan ?? and cost

But we do not have idea on what did they offered? Lowest bid alone is not deal maker its the whole package !!!

Finally there is no hurry gov should take time to analyse the bid 24 billion dollars is a lot of cash to just be handed on platter to a gov that has not given us the JF17 Thunder and other perks

Last edited:
Firstly no one knows what the Ehem Fouju foundation bid, do they have a engineering department ? Or they just a middle man to take the cut and then contract it out to another forigne company

Will the fouju foundation be liable for engineering damages or problems who will pay for it fouji foundation or Gov of Pakistan ?
What if they build something and then they are out of business who will chase who ....

#1 We need the exact figures on what the fouji foundation bid
#2 What was their plan ?? and cost

But we do not have idea on what did they offered? Lowest bid alone is not deal maker its the whole package !!!

Finally there is no hurry gov should take time to analyse the bid 24 billion dollars is a lot of cash to just be handed on platter to a gov that has not given us the JF17 Thunder and other perks

If I am not wrong than the head of Fauji Foundation was pretty upset about the deal. So, if he was than it means that the offer from Fauji Foundation was matching the requirements.

If I am not wrong than the head of Fauji Foundation was pretty upset about the deal. So, if he was than it means that the offer from Fauji Foundation was matching the requirements.

As per the words of Ex-Finance Minister Shaukat Tareen, it was 1B US$ less compared to French.

Fauji Foundation was not alone, they were teamed up with another foreign partner.

As per the words of Ex-Finance Minister Shaukat Tareen, it was 1B US$ less compared to French.

Fauji Foundation was not alone, they were teamed up with another foreign partner.

Yes, but AzadPakistan said that the offer of Fauji Foundation was not necessarily competitive; hence becoming the reason of not getting the contract. So, in response to that I said that the head of Fauji Foundation was upset about the decision which means that his offer was competitive. Plus the foreign company was teemed up with the foundation which makes the portfolio even more stronger.

Yes, but AzadPakistan said that the offer of Fauji Foundation was not necessarily competitive; hence becoming the reason of not getting the contract. So, in response to that I said that the head of Fauji Foundation was upset about the decision which means that his offer was competitive. Plus the foreign company was teemed up with the foundation which makes the portfolio even more stronger.

Azad Bhai kooo pata hotaa nahien hai and hawaaonn mae martay rehtay hain :taz::taz:

Anyway, as said, as per the own words of Shaukat Tareen in an interview a few days back, he said after the contract was awarded, he received his call from Fauji Foundation and they said to him to know the reasons as why their bid was not entertained even though it was much less compared to the French, to which Shaukat tareen said, he was surprised that even Fauji Foundation had submitted a bid, to which he was not aware nor had anyone told him.

What happened was that the Minitry of Petroleum had done the whole work and they themselves awarded the contract, without letting ministry of finance into confidence, that was the reason Shaukat Tareen resigned as there was too much political hurdles.

So Fauji Foundation did everything right, but their bid was deliberately not brought into the process as otherwise they would have to be given the contract as their bid was the lowest for the same time period. With their bid neglected, the French became the natural winners.

Good decision. I think Indians on this forum are suffering more they never thought even in their dreams that France wants to invest huge amount of money in Pakistan. :chilli:

Can u pls elaborate on this..?

well what do u suggest we do???? or can do except giving our lives my life your life what elce, we all talk no one has the i will not say balls ill say ability, everyone is frustrated and crying for a patriot leadership where and how will it come please explain. whats can u do as in your bid

well doesent matter who runs what as long as it is run properly thats what matters

^having not read the above posts, the pak media is reporting that the deal has been awarded to france and the CJSC has taken notice of this deal - more to come i guess!

I think Pakistan has no issue with this ... They have many other options offered by Swedish, British and Italian firms ... Pakistan can go for more Advanced Chinese Radars ... In my opinion Arms deal was basically for export versions of Jf Thunder to be offered ...

well i did not still understand one thing - how were the french company involved in this deal? are they going to lay a pipeline like Iran? or they are planning to import it in containers? and if they were importing in containers then what was the need to involve French company? domestic companies are more than enough to do this job

well i did not still understand one thing - how were the french company involved in this deal? are they going to lay a pipeline like Iran? or they are planning to import it in containers? and if they were importing in containers then what was the need to involve French company? domestic companies are more than enough to do this job

There must be high end engineering problems , otherwise the tender would not have been opened

The LPG will be imported in specialized ships from Qatari fields to Karachi, there the LPG would be transferred to LPG processing plant, from where it will be further transported inside the country.

The LPG will be imported in specialized ships from Qatari fields to Karachi, there the LPG would be transferred to LPG processing plant, from where it will be further transported inside the country.

its not LPG its LNG(liquid natural gas) in Pakistan known as Sui gas i heard in past that some company found a way to convert the natural gas in to liquid form economically and now its possible to transport LNG through tankers like petroleum

here is the link info on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_natural_gas

Back
Top Bottom