What's new

Islamabad delays $24 bln deal with France: Retaliates for JF-17 parts hold

its not LPG its LNG(liquid natural gas) in Pakistan known as Sui gas i heard in past that some company found a way to convert the natural gas in to liquid form economically and now its possible to transport LNG through tankers like petroleum

here is the link info on wikipedia

Liquefied natural gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you misunderstood taimi - he answered my question correctly...... doesn't matter if instead of writing LNG he wrote LPG - i at least got my answer correctly

Thanks for clearing it further

its not LPG its LNG(liquid natural gas) in Pakistan known as Sui gas i heard in past that some company found a way to convert the natural gas in to liquid form economically and now its possible to transport LNG through tankers like petroleum

here is the link info on wikipedia

I think you misunderstood taimi - he answered my question correctly...... doesn't matter if instead of writing LNG he wrote LPG - i at least got my answer correctly

Thanks for clearing it further

Thanks for the clarification, as in flow of writing i mentioned LPG as mostly on TV, we hear lot of news reports about LPG prices in the domestic market.

Anyhow, below is the pic of the ships used for transporting and then the storage tanks.

Methanier_aspher_LNGRIVERS.jpg

A good read to understand what LNG is and how it works.

SC declares LNG contract null and void

Updated at: 1259 PST, Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SC declares LNG contract null and void ISLAMABAD: Supreme Court (SC) has declared the import contract of Liquefied Natural Gas as null and void, Geo News reported Wednesday.

Today, the federal government informed the Supreme Court (SC) that it has decided to again send the matter relating the import contract of Liquefied Natural Gas to Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet (ECC) after declaring the contract as not binding.

The Supreme Court was told in a letter that the government will review the LNG import contract with French energy company GDF Suez.

The Petroleum Ministry said in the letter that it would present the top government economic decision-making body with a fresh proposal on which companies can bid to import 3.5 million tonnes of LNG a year, in a case that has focused on transparency efforts in the country.

The Supreme Court took up the case after media reports that Pakistan had lost $1 billion when senior Petroleum Ministry officials ignored the lowest bid by the Fauji Foundation and European company Vitol, for the contract.

The government said in the letter to the Supreme Court that it would re-submit a proposal made by Fauji and Vitol in July 2009 for the project.

The lawyers of the parties voiced consensus over cancellation of gas supply contract for Mashal project, resort to the ECC for fresh approval of gas supply and inclusion of the Fauji/VITOL in the bid.

A three-member SC bench comprising Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Chaudhry Ijaz Ahmed and Justice Ghulam Rabbani is hearing a suo motu case over a news report published in The News regarding the award of a short-term contract for the import of LNG to a French company, GDF Suez, at exorbitant rates.

The report had revealed how some top guns of the Petroleum and Natural Resources Ministry awarded a multibillion-dollar contract to import 3.5 million tonnes of LNG to a French firm after ignoring the lowest bid offered jointly by the Fauji Foundation and Vitol.

http://www.geo.tv/4-28-2010/63976.htm

Back
Top Bottom