What's new

ISI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.OP instead of molding yourself into whatever , first try to respect people and their opinion ,

You want to be a soldier , discipline is very important for a soldier .

and i wish you fulfill your wish
I didnt say anything offensive to him he said something to me i replied

Pay????? ISI aap ki pohanch se bohat door hai Sir Jee.

Its equivalent to O-Levels.
Okay thanks...so matric is acceptable as basic qualification to join army..I thought it should be minimum of A-levels or equivalent like higher matric or something.

Okay thanks...so matric is acceptable as basic qualification to join army..I thought it should be minimum of A-levels or equivalent like higher matric or something.
To be a soldier I think..But for an officer you have to take ISSB after intermediate with an age of 17 years.I don't know much about army recruitment but I do know that joining ISI for a civilian is like conquering Nanga-Parbat in winter.

Im actually 14 and stuck between army and isi

Ok so is joining the army a better choice or the ISI

Im high on 007 ok so dont mess with me or bond :omghaha::omghaha:

:omghaha::omghaha: Hot double agent
I have information about Indian actions in Karachi that may be very useful for the ISI, even crucial. Even I haven't landed a job there. ISI should make itself more available but when they don't I see why-with the attacks in multan and lahore.

i perfer giving away my dual nationality and would serve Pakistan maybe what u have said is the reason people dont want to stay here
You are 14 yrs old and you want to give up your dual nationality....really I sooo believe you.

The world isnt like it was before it is cruel and to stay in it you have to be molded into it .
Bhai jaan,It will be better to come out of your fantasy world which you have created by watching too much of Hollywood....
Stay on this forum for a while and you will know all of your answers by yourself.:agree:
Kids and their dialogues these days...@Zibago

Last edited:
To be a soldier I think..But for an officer you have to take ISSB after intermediate with an age of 17 years.I don't know much about army recruitment but I do know that joining ISI for a civilian is like conquering Nanga-Parbat in winter.
Oooh so I got so late. But no problem, one of sons will join PA or PAF in-shaa-Allah. :)

Join the ISI plz you even don't have the guts to walk alone in the midnight and finally a person should join defense forces not based on money but on the spirit and motivations to serve his country

Why dont you pakistanis stop watching Bollywood even if you know its from the enemies side
What has it do it with what i wrote.....And where did i mention that i watch Bollywood...Kid if you don't have anything meaningful to say don't quote me...
And don't forget to drink your Nido every night.....:cheers:

This thread is going way off topic. The question was about what the ISI does --- and whether it does James Bond-type stuff!

The ISI is set up a little different to Western (and even Indian) intel agencies, wherein the ISI is responsible both for internal and external intel/ops. In the US, for example, the FBI takes the lead in domestic counter-intelligence while the CIA is essentially external focused. In India, the IB is the lead internal agency and RAW is the lead external agency. In Israel, Mossad is external and the Shabak (aka Shinbet) is internal (including occupied Palestine).

Based on open source information, the ISI (allegedly) is structured into "Wings" denoted by letters. Some of the ones that can be gleamed from the internet have the following (supposed) responsibilities:
C - counter-intelligence; monitoring foreigners; catching spies; hunting double-agents

P - personnel; recruitment, approvals, etc.

CT - counter-terrorism; monitoring, infiltrating and acting against terrorist cells (TTP's worst nightmare)

A - analysis; preparing reports and intel estimates for the Army high command and PM

T - technical; usually headed by a Maj Gen from the Corps of Signals, gathers SIGINT mainly but also apparently runs a detention program for terrorists funded by the US

M - media; usually headed by a Navy or Air Force 2-star, responsible for molding public opinion

S - strategic/security; allegedly responsible for strategic depth and external ops (mainly India/Afghanistan); very secret, highly compartmentalized and headquartered away from the main ISI HQ in Aapbada (where C, CT, A, M and others are)

R - no proof that it exists; mentioned just in one David Ignatius article on the ISI; allegedly S Wing's operational partner (could be a rotating letter for this capability if it even does exist)

To answer the James Bond question --- obviously James Bond is fictional and glamorized, but most capable intel agencies have undertaken risky covert/clandestine ops in enemy territory by their versions of "James Bond."

Hope this helps. I do not claim that any of this is accurate --- it is mostly via open source. Happy to provide sources for any specific point if required.

Just think if the US rated this agency as no: 1. Then where does CIA and MI6 stand in front of it.

The US never said the ISI is the world's best agency --- how can anyone even rate an agency when 90% of the work is done in secret, often with no proof? All such ratings are meaningless.

The ISI is very good at achieving results, often against much larger/wealthier adversaries, given it's budget. For this, it earns the praise of a lot of professionals in the business.

The ISI is not anywhere near the CIA or the Mossad in terms of capability --- this is mostly a function of budget constraints, but also some other factors (i.e. recruitment strategies, international experience, strategic outlook on a global scale, political will/weak governance, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom