What's new

Is the JF-17 Really a Tough Sell for China and Pakistan?

Jf17 is facing just like rafale which is only operational in france if im not wrong.

Don't think any country will buy this. Maybe if they offer the J10,
Moreover its not easy to export fighter jets, its a hard sell, that involves not just political but also political considerations. The hell, even an advanced fighter like Rafale hasn't been exported yet up to now. Jf17 stands little chance tbh. Others will prefer Russian and Swedish gripen fighters if they can't afford more advanced western/ U.S jets. China also needs to first master engine tech before it can sell these as well, since its still the only remaining handicap

Don't think any country will buy this. Maybe if they offer the J10,
Moreover its not easy to export fighter jets, its a hard sell, that involves not just political but also political considerations. The hell, even an advanced fighter like Rafale hasn't been exported yet up to now. Jf17 stands little chance tbh. Others will prefer Russian and Swedish gripen fighters if they can't afford more advanced western/ U.S jets. China also needs to first master engine tech before it can sell these as well, since its still the only remaining handicap

I heard that JF-17 Thunder will be having an AESA radar? is that true?

Selling fighter plane is not a joke and even france got very hard time for her product Rafale.

2) In many similar article it states that JF17 is for cash strapped nation and The Diplomate publisher of this article calls it a Modern Mig 21 .I
thats true

a modern Mig 21 which can turn into a nightmare for its enemy.

thats true

a modern Mig 21 which can turn into a nightmare for its enemy.
For sure . These are interceptor . Which can confuse the approaching enemy fleet of deep strikers . Since we both are next to each other . It's enough for Pakistan . But it's not in the case of India and China . We rely on heavy jets like Sukoi , rafale and migs .

But I belive it's not enough for Pakistan to counter ur adversaries .

Egypt buys it or not doesn't change the fact that JF-17 offers possibilities for those nations that cannot have American/European/Russian tech........Egypt doesn't have that problem, so they'll go with assets that their airforce is already equipped with.

Is it true that for foreign forces the price is just 15-20 mil

Modern planes can deliver as good as Mig-21 ....probably better because of the new tech available ...Mig 21 was a USSR project ...available to it's allies and everyone else after it broke down ...It got lucky as well because it saw many wars as well ...compare the specs and different roles of JF-17 with Mig-21 and you can see how advanced it has gone over Mig-21 ....JF-17 was the advanced variant of J-7 ...not anymore ...it has taken the shape of a full fledged platform now ...The Block-2 is going to attract a lot more customers I tell you ....PAF itself is interested in the Block-2 that means to say that PAF means to add a real punch to it .....Rafale cannot be compared to Thunder ...It all depends upon your need ...and I feel going for a new Thunder is far better than going for a 2nd hand Mirage ....The frequent carrying out of Exercises around the world can easily fill the gap between those who are combat proven and those who have flown in the simulated combats which are close to real combat scenarios ...thanks to the previous wars ...!

Sir jee, a Squadron of J-11 for PN may not be a bad option too :D

The Indians influence is to be vanished soon ....but I do agree to the part where some Afghani Pilot could deflect with a Thunder all the way to Farkhor AFB :D ....Block-1 was the realization of a dream project I must say ....Block-2 shall have some real customers ....!

Well Pilots can always defect to the Indian AirForce base in Tajikistan

JF-17/FC-1 is a spectacular export success with over 50 units exported to Pakistan and 100 more advanced variants on order.

China has a good customer in Pakistan

Is it true that for foreign forces the price is just 15-20 mil

Well Pilots can always defect to the Indian AirForce base in Tajikistan

No, its not that low for even PAF. Expect somewhere around 30 million USD per plane for export.....since the next nearest competitor is well above that.........50-70 million USD in case of Migs, Gripen etc

Jf17 is facing just like rafale which is only operational in france if im not wrong.

Sir,

You are in error----JF 17 is yet to fly in full colors. Once you have a sqdrn strength of BLK 2's in operation---then you can really start to make the sales pitch. But still---you just cannot sell a fighter aircraft on its merits alone unless you are a super power.

Young Pakistanis need to understand that the rafale got an opportunity almost at the end of its production---thank fully for france---they found a conflict in Libya and showed off the rafale and got a new lease on life.

Realistically---Pakistan is about 3 years away for an order.

Sir,

You are in error----JF 17 is yet to fly in full colors. Once you have a sqdrn strength of BLK 2's in operation---then you can really start to make the sales pitch. But still---you just cannot sell a fighter aircraft on its merits alone unless you are a super power.

Young Pakistanis need to understand that the rafale got an opportunity almost at the end of its production---thank fully for france---they found a conflict in Libya and showed off the rafale and got a new lease on life.

Realistically---Pakistan is about 3 years away for an order.
right i understand

Not all countries live on the good will of CHina...and hence will definitely not align their defence procurements in order to please her. Also the fact that there are more capable aircraft, refurbished tho, available at that price, which is a definite pondering point,

Back
Top Bottom