What's new

Is SUPARCO REALLY a failure?

Over the past day I've notice so many Pakistani's feeling down, whether on facebook, instagram, twitter X, reddit, whatsapp, even Google! Demanding it be shutdown or run by civilians...

We really need to set the record straight here. I mean come on, look at all these successful launches! I think I counted 32 from 1989.

Not only that but the phenomenal folks are going a Lunar prediction program where the different phases of the moon are predicted. A quick google search shows there's no other space agency doing this.

View attachment 948339

Make Zaid Hamid chairman of SUPARCO

I'm wondering, SUPARCO must be employing scientists who come daily at job .
So what do they do in the Laboratories? They have to do something can't be eating chah pakora while looking in microscope at chutney to see what it's made of.

Its only a failure if you give up. No reason it cant be a success. Many brilliant pakistanis.

Institutions/government must create an environment for it to flourish. Once the ball is rolling, Success breeds success.

This is not India, In Pakistan every institution is headed by inept, loud English speaking retired or serving general not by a professional. They fcuked steel mills, PIA, NLC, Pakistan customs and all govt owned industries. In Pakistan you find a general under every pile of shit.

@VCheng

How similar is your story to this? two to three paras in and you were floating in my mind. If am not wrong, you faced this overseas though. Still story sounds similar, and generational too after reading the characters in play here compared to yours.
VCheng is gone for good. He will not return.

I'm wondering, SUPARCO must be employing scientists who come daily at job .
So what do they do in the Laboratories? They have to do something can't be eating chah pakora while looking in microscope at chutney to see what it's made of.
you wonder that, because you have never faced what happens when a Matric failed general leads an organization of scientists and engineers.

Yup they were the first ones to be labelled traitors by the khaki creatures dominated by punjabiz.

Of course Punjab gonna dominate each and every institute due to its large population . Others can also increase their govt quotas if they stop killing people over ethnicities and sects .

Yup they were the first ones to be labelled traitors by the khaki creatures dominated by punjabiz.
except that the brother of khan of qalat rebelled first. going against his own brother's decision. its god of he was labelled a traitor and put down.

also, bhutto wasnt a punjabi, and he was supported by akbar bugti in removing said govt.

Iskandar Mirza was Bengali
Ayub was Pashtun
Bhutto was Sindhi
Yahya was Pashtun
General Niazi was Pashtun
Musharraf was Muhajir

Even now:
Sharifs are ethnic Kashmiris
Bhuttos are Sindhi

But saar pAnJaBiZ bad

@VCheng

How similar is your story to this? two to three paras in and you were floating in my mind. If am not wrong, you faced this overseas though. Still story sounds similar, and generational too after reading the characters in play here compared to yours.

This is not just my story, but that of countless others too, over decades and decades. Let me just say that Pakistan (and PDF, by the way) is the way it is today by conscious and sustained efforts by those who have driven out all talent and creativity to keep the system under their control and patronage. They are happy. And so am I. :D

VCheng is gone for good. He will not return.

I thought I saw him posting a week back or so? !!!!!

Why did he post a farewell post then?

Hmm maybe I missed it then, sad.

I have dissociated my involvement with Pakistan and PDF as a consequence. That is for sure. (I spend most of my time and effort elsewhere now.)

This is not just my story, but that of countless others too, over decades and decades. Let me just say that Pakistan (and PDF, by the way) is the way it is today by conscious and sustained efforts by those who have driven out all talent and creativity to keep the system under their control and patronage. They are happy. And so am I. :D

I have dissociated my involvement with Pakistan and PDF as a consequence. That is for sure. (I spend most of my time and effort elsewhere now.)
Thanks for taking your time to reply, happy to see you again here.

You are actually right, many seem to have faced this fate in different ways on your side. Even though Pakistan is a adversary, on a general level I felt sad seeing talent wasted. Its not like India has done something great though for long time, many left and the term brain drain isn't quoted just like that in India.

Somehow this talent pool managed to contribute back home, which seems to be slowly making its effect. In addition some sacrificed and stayed back or came back, we can call it a mix. At least by succeeding overseas, they taught people here what Indians can do.

Wishing you success in your endeavors man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom