What's new

Is SUPARCO REALLY a failure?

Thəorətic Muslim

Reaction score
Country
United States
Over the past day I've notice so many Pakistani's feeling down, whether on facebook, instagram, twitter X, reddit, whatsapp, even Google! Demanding it be shutdown or run by civilians...

We really need to set the record straight here. I mean come on, look at all these successful launches! I think I counted 32 from 1989.

Not only that but the phenomenal folks are going a Lunar prediction program where the different phases of the moon are predicted. A quick google search shows there's no other space agency doing this.

1692906461962.png

Yes, it's a failure. (All those launches seem to be based on foreign designed rockets too)

But the question is, were/are funds being directed to any kind of project or was it just sitting idle?

If funds were being directed, where did they go, towards what project? 🤔 (corruption?)

Last edited:
Its only a failure if you give up. No reason it cant be a success. Many brilliant pakistanis.

Institutions/government must create an environment for it to flourish. Once the ball is rolling, Success breeds success.

Over the past day I've notice so many Pakistani's feeling down, whether on facebook, instagram, twitter X, reddit, whatsapp, even Google! Demanding it be shutdown or run by civilians...

We really need to set the record straight here. I mean come on, look at all these successful launches! I think I counted 32 from 1989.

Not only that but the phenomenal folks are going a Lunar prediction program where the different phases of the moon are predicted. A quick google search shows there's no other space agency doing this.

View attachment 948339

Yes it is a failure

View attachment 948339

Probably a relative success of the past. Presently a disappointment.

Wow, no other space agency is doing lunar prediction programs. :lol:
If this is humor, it is subtle and enjoyable. But it may be real too as there is always a big debate about moon rise time in Muslim countries.

Anyway, JPL has been publishing ephemeris for over 70 years. And they are very accurate since they are used by JPL and NASA for planetary research and exploration.

Just look at the page you linked, and look at the dates of the launches.

All launches in this millenium are of SPD/KRL/NESCOM/PMO.

Yeah see?

SUPARCO is so ahead of everything they're letting the Nuclear Physicists, Defense contractors, and Prime Minister's Office try to catch up!

@Skull and Bones you wish you had all that.

SUPARCO is a valuable organization. It is training people for how to use satellite systems for scientific applications and research. This is good development.

That's the IST: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Space_Technology

View attachment 948339

To which tests are you referring to? 1960s and early 70s, all the sounding rockets launched from Pakistan were funded and made in US for gathering upper atmosphere data, for its Apollo mission.

Rest are all missile tests. Pakistani remote sensing satellite was launch by China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom