What's new

Is Saudi Arabia the next big heritage tourism destination?

We have defeated this extremist stance of yours. You are acting like an ignorant as usual like other proud saudis. I have many bright points to claim my superiority but i will not share here because you will mock the ahadees as you people use to do in your self proclaimed sect.

Daesh, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Boko Haram are your other side of coin. This fake polishing cannot hide your war crimes against Muslim World. The najdi attack of Najaf and Karbala is on record. But an ignorant like you cannot accept the reality.

I don't know or care about what you are blabbering about.

The only one that is ignorant is some foreigner 1000's of km away that knows nothing about history, KSA, 30 million Saudi Arabians, the 500 million Arabs but who due to some theological differences (due to his sect) rambles about incidents almost freaking 100 years ago when nobody around here was alive or had any role in that, including 99,9% of Najdis back then and 100% today. That's ignorance and stupidity. You are the perfect example of this while trying hard to sound enlightened and crying about some shrines that most Muslims do not care about.

More nonsense. As much as it has to do with Pakistan. What you are barking about millions of people bark about your country and people. Exactly the same. But please be my guest.

I don't care, once again. I am not crying about some shrines of another land, people, 1000's of km away in Pakistan. You are. Just replace Pakistan with KSA.

Now stop wasting my time and derailing this informative thread. You are a hateful and obsessed person that due to the propaganda that has been feed to you since birth (due to sect) and consumed you, are unable to think rationally. Not going to waste my time further.

I cannot have a rational discussion with such a person. I am sorry. You calling me "Najdi", "DAESH" whatever I cannot take seriously. Might as well call me a Zionist Nazi. It does not strengthen any of your arguments, it just makes you look dumb and desperate with all due respect.

Unfortunately without Islam, what else is left in Arabic culture? These are the same people who enslaved Africans, killed female infants, and fought each other over petty things. They usurped power and slaughtered the Prophet’s family. This is why they were replaced by the Turks.

Prophet Muhammad saws came to change their mindset and mentality, but now Arabs are regressing back to Jahiliyyat.

This ideology of racial supremacy and supposed superiority over Non-Arab Muslims and Shias must end.

Whatever anyone says, don’t abuse Pakistanis on this forum. Be a guest and act like a guest.

:lol:

Haha, you are some comedian. Just listen to yourself for a second. The ignorance and inferiority complexes are big with this guy.

An Arab will never leave an unmotivated insult alone.

@Falcon29 @SALMAN F @The SC @Gomig-21 @Hamilcar etc.

Aerial Images May Unlock Enigma of Ancient Stone Structures in Saudi Arabia

By David Kennedy, University of Western Australia | November 12, 2017 11:48am ET

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5Ni82OTgvb3JpZ2luYWwvYWVyaWFsLWFyY2hhZW9sb2d5LTEzLmpwZw==

Aerial photographs and ground inspection of the keyhole pendants in Saudi Arabia reveal more details of the enigmatic structures.
Credit: Courtesy APAAME, APAAME_20171027_DLK-0891
David Kennedy is emeritus professor of Roman Archaeology and History at the University of Western Australia and honorary research associate at the University of Oxford. He also founded the Aerial Photographic Archive for Archaeology in the Middle East (APAAME) in 1978 and has been co-director of the Aerial Archaeology in Jordan (AAJ) project since 1997. Kennedy contributed this article to Live Science's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights.

Hundreds of thousands of stone structures that date back thousands of years and dot the deserts and plains of the Middle East and North Africa are, in many cases, so large that only a bird's-eye view can reveal their intricate archaeological secrets: gorgeous and mysterious geometric shapes resembling a range of objects, from field gates, to kites, to pendants, to wheels.

These are the "Works of the Old Men," according to the Bedouin when first questioned in the 1920s. And although ancient peoples evidently had their reasons for constructing these stone structures, their purpose has remained relatively opaque to archaeologists today.

I have been studying these Works for two decades, and their inaccessibility has made these sites' purposes even more elusive. That's where satellite imagery (used by Google Earth) and aerial reconnaissance, which involves much lower-flying aircraft) come in.

In the past few weeks, a huge opportunity opened up in this field after Live Science published an article about my research, sparking a deluge of international media coverage. Ultimately, I was invited to visit the country that has been least open to any form of aerial surveys, or even to archival aerial images: Saudi Arabia. Last month, they lifted this veil of sorts and allowed me to fly over the country's vast array of archaeological sites for the first time. [See Spectacular Images of the Stone Structures of Saudi Arabia]

Windows from Google Earth
Between the last years of World War I and roughly the early 1950s, some aerial archaeology was carried out in the countries of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) that were ruled or controlled by Britain and France. Most famously, these archaeologists included Antoine Poidebard in Syria, Sir Aurel Stein in Iraq and Transjordan, and Jean Baradez in Algeria. Then, it ended as these countries achieved independence, and except by Israelfrom time to time, no further aerial reconnaissance for archaeology was carried out, and access even to archival aerial photographs in every MENA country was rarely possible. For half a century, archaeologists working in this extensive region, with its rich heritage, had to do so without the benefit of the single most important tool for prospection, recording and monitoring, much less the valuable perspective the aerial view revealed.

That situation began to change in 1995, when President Bill Clinton ordered the declassification of old CIA satellite imagery. But things changed more rapidly about a decade ago, when the far superior Google Earth's (and, to a degree, Bing Maps') seamless photomap of the entire globe became available. Initially, there were few "windows" of high-resolution imagery displayed for any of these countries, but by 2008, there were enough for archaeologists to use regularly, and increasingly easily.

At a stroke, one strand of remote sensing was democratized: Anyone, anywhere with a computer and internet connection could traverse previously hidden landscapes on a photomap and see places perhaps long known to the local inhabitants but never formally defined and recorded in the databases of the national antiquities authorities. Into this space stepped a group of interested and talented amateurs for one of the countries for which aerial photographs had never been generally available: the 770,000 square miles (2 million square kilometers) of Saudi Arabia. Abdullah al-Sa'eed, a medical doctor, and colleagues of what they called The Desert Team, based in Riyadh, began to explore, via Google Earth, the huge lava field of western Saudi Arabia, called the Harret Khaybar. Then, they visited a variety of sites on the ground that they had discovered through the satellite imagery. In 2008 Dr al-Sa’eed contacted me and we collaborated on an article. [See More Images of the Gates and Other Stone Structures in Saudi Arabia]

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5Ni82OTEvb3JpZ2luYWwvYWVyaWFsLWFyY2hhZW9sb2d5LTYuanBnPzE1MTA1MDI3ODE=

The gate shown in this photograph is the fifth largest of the gates documented so far. It is 1,224 by 262 feet (373 by 80 meters) in size.
Credit: Courtesy APAAME, APAAME_20171027_DLK-0465

Since al-Sa'eed and I published our findings about the stone structures of Harret Khaybar, I have published several articles on the archaeological remains in these lava fields of Arabia as a whole. There are immense numbers of them (at least hundreds of thousands), and each one can be huge (hundreds of metres across). Often, they are enigmatic, as there is no consensus on the purpose of several types of these structures. And they are almost entirely unrecorded and barely acknowledged; the extensive archaeological landscapes were first reported in the 1920s (for Jordan and Syria), but only now are they coming into sharp focus in terms of scale and significance.

Although these stone structures are found extensively in the northernmost harrat — the Harret al-Shaam, stretching from southern Syria across the Jordanian Panhandle and into Saudi Arabia — they appear in equally large numbers in most of the harrat stretching down the west coast of the Arabian Peninsula. It is those harrat in Saudi Arabia that have attracted much recent attention, in part because of their unfamiliarity and the astonishing numbers and types of sites that have emerged, some quite different from those long known in Jordan. [See Photos of Wheel-Shaped Stone Structures in the Middle East]

My own research on Saudi Arabia since 2009 has focused on a group of harrat in the northwest of the country, where I discovered a high-resolution "window" of pendants, wheels and cairns in the Harret Rahat, northeast of Jeddah; 917 kites in the Harret Khaybar; almost 400 gates, largely in the Harret Khaybar area; and a variety of site types found in various lava fields. All of these discoveries were made using the imagery of Google Earth (with occasional supplements from Bing Maps).

The need for aerial reconnaissance
The number of high-resolution "windows" on Google Earth has increased rapidly, especially since the launch of the Landsat 8 satellite in February 2013. These virtual "windows" are marvelous tools for fulfilling the traditional roles of conventional aerial reconnaissance, which has led many to pose a question: Why do we need aerial reconnaissance now that we have free access to the satellite imagery of Google Earth? [15 Secretive Places You Can Now See on Google Earth]

Of course, Google Earth will remain a useful tool for prospection; it is simple to "pin" and catalog sites, measure them, sketch them and generate distribution maps for interpretation. The limitations are equally obvious, however. The imagery is two-dimensional, and even the best resolution can be very fuzzy when enlarged. Detail is missing, and some sites are effectively invisible for various reasons. And imagery may be months, or even years, old and thus less valuable for routine monitoring of development.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5Ni82OTMvaTAyL2FlcmlhbC1hcmNoYWVvbG9neS04LmpwZz8xNTEwNTAyOTUw

In this Google Earth satellite image, a triangle can be seen pointing to a bullseye, with a row of cairns connecting the triangle to the bullseye.
Credit: Google Earth
In short, traditional low-level and usually oblique aerial photography continues to have several advantages and uses: It is immediate, if there is a regular flying program; it can be timed to maximize solar and climatic conditions; the oblique view provides an extra dimension to the "flatness" of Google Earth; the high-quality camera photograph from a low altitude reveals details of structures not visible on Google Earth; and with a helicopter as the platform, it is possible to land and obtain ground data immediately for sites that may otherwise be too remote for easy access.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5Ni82OTIvaTAyL2FlcmlhbC1hcmNoYWVvbG9neS03LmpwZz8xNTEwNTAyODg2

A triangle-shaped stone structure is seen pointing toward a bullseye.
Credit: Courtesy APAAME, APAAME_20171029_DLK-700
This last point is important: As has always been the case, it is vital that aerial reconnaissance (and interpretation of satellite imagery) be paired with as much ground inspection as possible. Ideally, all three techniques (aerial surveys, satellite imagery and ground inspection) would be used.

In recent years, that ideal situation has been possible in just one MENA country — Jordan — thanks to generous support from its government and from the nonprofit Packard Humanities Institute, which is dedicated partly to archaeology. Since 1997, aerial photos have been taken as part of my project called Aerial Archaeology in Jordan (AAJ), and over 100,000 aerial photographs have been made available for research in an archive (APAAME) established in 1978.

A game-changer in my research happened when the interest sparked by the Live Science article led to my invitation to study these structures in one region of – till now, the least open of these Middle Eastern countries, regarding reconnaissance.

Aerial archaeology in Saudi Arabia
Some of Saudi Arabia's neighbors looked for archaeological sites with aerial reconnaissance before World War II, but even aerial photographs from surveys of this immense kingdom were almost entirely unavailable. Of course, archaeologists knew the kingdom was home to high-profile sites as well as great cemeteries of thousands of tumuli.

As Google Earth has opened a new and extensive area for research, it has indirectly helped to spark a trial season of aerial reconnaissance for archaeology. There is now the possibility that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will become the second MENA country to support a regular program of aerial archaeology to find, record, monitor and research the hundreds of thousands of sites in the country. [25 Strangest Sights on Google Earth]

On Oct. 17, Live Science published an article describing a highly unusual type of site – called gates in the Harret Khaybar area, that my colleagues and I had systematically catalogued and mapped and were to publish in the scientific literature in November. That sparked immediate and extensive international media coverage, including features in The New York Times, Newsweek and the National Geographic Education Blog. Four days after the article was published on Live Science, I got an invitation from publication from the Royal Commission for Al-Ula, in northwest Saudi Arabia, to visit that town. The Al-Ula oasis is famous for hosting the remains of a succession of early cultures and more recent civilizations, all strewn thickly among its 2 million-plus date palms. As a Roman archaeologist, I had known this oasis for over 40 years as the location of Madain Salih, Al-Hijr — ancient Hegra, a world-class Nabataean site adopted by UNESCO.

The expansive area includes thousands of rock-cut tombs and graves — most notably, scores of monumental tombs cut into the rock outcrops of the plain and evoking those of the capital, Petra, about 300 miles (500 kilometers) to the north. After the Roman annexation of the Nabataean kingdom in A.D. 106, a garrison was installed. Some of thesetrooops left their names and units in Latin, as graffiti on a rock outcrop. More recently, a Saudi-French archaeological team recovered a monumental Latin inscription recording construction around A.D. 175 to 177 under Emperor Marcus Aurelius, as well as part of the defenses and barracks of the Roman fort inserted into the town. Not far off are the ruins of the city of Dedan, mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and the remarkable "library" of monumental Lihyanite inscriptions and art carved onto rocks and the cliff face.

However, the objective of my visit lay in the lava fields in the wider region. Helicopter flights could give access to the extensive Harret Uwayrid (and contiguous Harret Raha) to the west, stretching some 77 miles (125 km) and rising to an elevation of about 6,300 feet (1,920 meters), much of which could be viewed only from the air. The most recent volcanic eruption occurred in A.D. 640, but the hundreds of sites I had already "pinned" there on Google Earth were evidently far older, most likely prehistoric and a component of the "Works of the Old Men" that I'd encountered in other harrat.

We were also able to fly over the Harret Khaybar and view not just the gate structures but also the kites, pendants, keyholes and much more we had seen on the Google Earth imagery.

Four days after the invitation from the Royal Commission, my colleague Don Boyer, a geologist who now works in archaeology, and I were on our way to Riyadh. Almost immediately, on Oct. 27 to Oct. 29, we began three days of flying in the helicopter of the Royal Commission. In total, we flew for 15 hours and took almost 6,000 photographs of about 200 sites of all kinds — but mainly the stone structures in the two harrat.

Though we didn't have much notice, Boyer and I spent three days before our visit looking over the sites we had "pinned" and catalogued using Google Earth over several years. We then, relatively easily, planned where we wanted to fly in order to capture several thousand structures in these two lava fields. Our helicopter survey was probably the first systematic aerial reconnaissance for archaeology ever carried out in Saudi Arabia. It was possible only because of the publication of the Live Science feature article describing my research on the gate structures, and the resulting international media coverage, which caught the attention of the Royal Commission.

The latter is significant: Several recent interviews and feature articles in the international media have highlighted the drive of the young Crown Prince to open up his country to development and innovation. The Royal Commission for the city of Al-Ula, an internationally important cultural center for the region that boasts world-class archaeological sites, is one element of this openness. Development is likely to be rapid, and the commission is open to engaging with international experts in its wider project to find, document and interpret the hundreds of thousands of surviving sites. Collaboration with local inhabitants, who know of even the more remote sites, and local archaeologists will be vital to this effort.

Happily, on our flights, we were accompanied by Eid al-Yahya, an archaeologidst, author and expert of Arab culture, who has traversed swaths of these harsh but archaeologically rich landscapes over 30-plus years and has explored many individual sites. Even just the archaeological component of this grand project of the commission comprises several components. One component — and, arguably, one of the most pressing — is to help the commission understand its wider heritage record: where and what, and then when and why.

Because the area is so immense — encompassing some 10,000 square miles, or 27,000 square km — this is a task for remote sensing. This method will be combined with several techniques: the interpretation of Google Earth imagery systematically, the cataloging of the sites located, complementary low-level aerial reconnaissance and photography, and associated ground investigation. We have been interpreting Google Earth imagery for some years. The ground investigation, by contrast, is in its infancy. The aerial reconnaissance part has made a good start over the past few weeks and deserves to be pursued urgently. Based on the 20 years of aerial archaeology research we have conducted in Jordan, my co-director Dr. Robert Bewley and our team can offer our expertise for this last task.

A successful systematic program of aerial archaeology in the Al-Ula region could provide valuable lessons and establish best practices for the far larger task of mapping the archaeology of Saudi Arabia, and those efforts may be assisted by partnerships with the Endangered Archaeology in the Middle East and North Africa project at Oxford University.

Kennedy's recent books include: "Ancient Jordan from the Air" (with R. Bewley, 2004), "Gerasa and the Decapolis" (2007), "Settlement and Soldiers in the Roman Near East" (2013) and an eBook "Kites in 'Arabia'" (with R. Banks and P. Houghton, 2014). In progress are books on the Hinterland of Roman Philadelphia and Travel and Travellers East of Jordan in the 19th Century.

Original article on Live Science.

https://www.livescience.com/60918-aerial-images-reveal-saudi-arabia-stone-structures.html

A Close-Up on Mysteries Made of Stone in Saudi Arabia’s Desert

Structures that may have been created by ancient tribes could only be studied using Google Earth. Saudi officials finally invited an archaeologist to observe them via helicopter.

By Nicholas St. Fleur

Nov. 17, 2017
18GATES1-articleLarge.jpg

A group of 19 "keyholes" at Al Wadi, in the Saudi Arabian desert, observed by archaeologist David Kennedy from a helicopter. Dr. Kennedy took more than 6,000 aerial photographs of these mysterious, ancient structures.CreditDavid Kennedy
For nearly a decade, David Kennedy marveled from behind his computer screen at thousands of mysterious stone structures scattered across Saudi Arabia’s desert. With Google Earth’s satellite imagery at his fingertips, the archaeologist peeked at burial sites and other so-called Works of the Old Men, created by nomadic tribes thousands of years ago.

But he was unable to secure permission to visit the country to observe up close the ancient designs that he and amateur archaeologists had studied from their desktops.

Last month, after announcing he had identified nearly 400 stone “gates,” Dr. Kennedy received the invitation of a lifetime from Saudi officials to investigate the hidden structures from a helicopter.

“They are absolutely astonishing,” said Dr. Kennedy, who recently retired from the University of Western Australia. “From 500 feet, you can see the vital details of structures that are invisible in the fuzzy image on Google Earth.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Over the course of three days, he snapped more than 6,000 aerial photographs, lifting the veil on the ancient wonders.

merlin_130226864_d5c98bf1-11f4-4277-b95f-d21013bedefe-articleLarge.jpg

"Gates" at Samhah, which are more than 1,200 feet long.CreditDavid Kennedy
Since 1997, Dr. Kennedy has studied similar structures in neighboring Jordan from the ground and sky. Many of the stone figures in both countries are in basalt fields known as harrats. The fields often feature dried up lava streams that twist and turn like slithering snakes across the dark landscape.

You have 9 free articles remaining.

Subscribe to The Times

In Saudi Arabia, he explored 200 sites from the air across the regions of Harrat Khaybar and Harrat Uwayrid. The structures he observed ranged in shapes and sizes, which he describes as gates, kites, triangles, bull’s eyes and keyholes.

Of the 400 structures he describes as “gates” that he had identified on Google Earth, Dr. Kennedy studied about 40 from the helicopter and found that the structures were not randomly put together.

merlin_130226906_0556ba6b-fefe-4aec-8a9f-a8bf82676a33-articleLarge.jpg

Gates with a "bull's eye." CreditDavid Kennedy
“We could see immediately they were much more complicated than they appeared on Google Earth,” Dr. Kennedy said. They were not simply heaps of stone.

Rather, each long bar was actually made up of two parallel lines of flat slabs placed on their edges facing each other with small stones filling the space in between.

“They are much more sophisticated than I was prepared for,” he said.

Some gates were larger than 1,000 feet long and 250 feet wide. He suspected the oldest may be about 9,000 years old. Though he is not sure of their purpose, he speculated they may have been used for farming purposes.

merlin_130226873_5838eb72-f3c8-493c-b151-a5d46e6a4beb-articleLarge.jpg

A "kite" structure in the Harrat Khaybar region.CreditDavid Kennedy
Dr. Kennedy also got a closer look at about a dozen of the “kites” that were first discovered in the Middle East by pilots in the 1920s. These are the most famous of the Works of the Old Men, and Dr. Kennedy has identified more than 900 of them in Saudi Arabia’s Harrat Khaybar.

ADVERTISEMENT

From above, they typically resemble kites with strings and tails. They are often very large, with many stretching more than a quarter-mile. Archaeologists think gazelle were corralled into the head of the kite, where the hunters would come out to kill them. Sometimes multiple kites would overlap, so that if the animals got past one funnel they would get caught in another.

“Essentially there was no escape,” said Dr. Kennedy.

The ones in Saudi Arabia looked as if they were better built than the ones in Jordan, according to Dr. Kennedy.

18GATES5-articleLarge.jpg

Left, Dr. Kennedy's helicopter casting a shadow near a bullseye. Right, a Khaybar kite.CreditDavid Kennedy
The harrats were littered with the smaller structures he has named keyholes, wheels, triangles and bull’s-eyes.

Dr. Kennedy said he was surprised at how straight the lines of the triangles and keyholes were, as if the people who made them had picked out specific flat stones rather than random rocks.

Each triangle was isosceles and looked like it was pointing at something. Sometimes they were directed to a bull’s-eye that was about 15 feet or 150 feet away.

There were also several keyhole structures, sometimes lined up together. The heads of the keyholes were almost always near-perfect circles, and the walls were about three feet high.

These structures may have served some funerary or symbolic purpose. Dr. Kennedy did not date any of the structures he visited with radiocarbon testing, but he said that future groups should perform more thorough analysis.

“It’s absolutely vital that somebody follows up with serious groundwork,” he said.

merlin_130226909_215229de-a571-4719-872e-8515edf6d1b4-articleLarge.jpg

Keyhole pendants.CreditDavid Kennedy
Dr. Kennedy was invited by Amr AlMadani, the chief executive officer of the Royal Commission for Al-Ula Province, which was created to safeguard some of the country’s geological, historical and archaeological sites.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Dr. Kennedy has spent many years poring over Google Earth images, and we were able to get him much closer to the sites,” said Mr. AlMadani, who joined Dr. Kennedy in the helicopter and described the experience as exciting.

“Thinking about how life was in the Arabian Peninsula and trying to imagine the way people hunted, lived and buried the dead was very much enriching,” he wrote in an email.

18GATES7-articleLarge.jpg

A bull's eye and triangle formation at Samhah as it's seen from Google Earth, left, and photographed by Dr. Kennedy.CreditLeft, Google Earth; Right, David Kennedy
“Seeing it on Google images is one thing, but seeing it from a helicopter window from 300 feet is a totally different thing,” said Don Boyer, who accompanied Dr. Kennedy.

At the age of 70, Mr. Boyer is completing his doctorate in geoarchaeology and hydrology. “I think I was on a high the whole time. It was just remarkable. You run out of adjectives.”

merlin_130226903_46e7e60a-fe4b-458c-9c9b-c10d0bfa0c6d-articleLarge.jpg

A gate overlain with a bullseye pendant, surrounded by lava rock.CreditDavid Kennedy
Archaeologists not involved in the work called it a step forward in showing the rich and complicated prehistory of the Arabian Peninsula.

Huw Groucutt, an archaeologist at the University of Oxford, said the new images were very important, and that they can help show how human societies have modified the landscape.

“The challenge now is to conduct work on the ground,” he added.

Michael Petraglia, an archaeologist at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, agreed.

“What is so critical is to do ground survey and detailed excavation work. Otherwise, archaeological sites will often time seem mysterious and enigmatic,” he said in an email.

“Now the big and more difficult task is to document such structures on the ground to examine their function and to understand human life” in the region over time, he added.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/science/saudi-arabia-gates.html

Rock Carvings of Ancient Dogs Getting Taught New Tricks

Engravings in the Saudi desert may be the earliest depictions of human-canine companionship.

Trilobites

By NICHOLAS ST. FLEUR NOV. 20, 2017

merlin_130357235_668f5265-46b3-4595-aee7-3ff043ceb43c-superJumbo.jpg

A prehistoric scene, enhanced with digital tracings, top, is etched into rock in the Saudi desert showing what may be the earliest depictions of human-dog companionship. The engravings are 8,000 to 9,000 years old. Credit Huw Groucutt

Our bond with dogs is etched in stone.

For thousands of years man’s best friend has been by our sides, helping us hunt, herd and heal from emotional stress. Now, in a study published Thursday, archaeologists exploring rock engravings in the Saudi desert have found what they say may be the earliest depictions of human-canine companionship.

The ancient carvings date back about 8,000 to 9,000 years and depict hunters using dogs to overwhelm prey such as gazelles and ibex before they fired killing blows with bows and arrows.

“You can almost hear the dogs barking and the humans yelling,” said Melinda Zeder, a curator of Old World archaeology at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of Natural History, who was not involved in the study. “You can almost smell the fear in the animals.”
Photo
merlin_130357208_a9b2c5ab-bb4b-4f48-b98a-20b4e3000676-superJumbo.jpg

The etchings are hard to date because they left little indication of when they were carved. Researchers had to correlate the art with nearby archaeological sites that had been dated. CreditHuw Groucutt
With their pricked ears, angled chests and curly tails, each dog in the rock art resembles the modern breed of Canaan dogs. In one scene there are two lines connecting the necks of two dogs to the hips of the humans.

“This is the first imagery of a dog with a leash,” said Michael Petraglia, an archaeologist from the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, in Germany, and an author of the study, which appeared in the Journal of Anthropological Archaeology and was first reported by Science. He said that because of where the lines were on the dog and human’s anatomy, they most likely represented actual leashes and were not mere symbolic lines.

Dr. Petraglia added that the rock art most likely dated to the early Holocene period, which began around when the Paleolithic ice age closed. But he acknowledged that the team was unable to date it directly because the etchings left little indication for when they were carved. Instead the team correlated the rock art with nearby archaeological sites that they had dated.

The team also found that the dog images were carved beneath images of cattle, which they said indicated that the dog images came earlier. They said earlier evidence had suggested these particular ancient humans had domesticated dogs before they began keeping cattle. They added that the transition from being hunter-gatherers to herding most likely occurred between 6,800 B.C. and 6,200 B.C., which they used to hypothesize that the rock art featuring dogs appeared before humans began herding.

“We can now say about 9,000 years ago people already controlled their dogs and had them on leashes and used them for really complex hunting strategies,” said Maria Guagnin, an archaeologist from the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History and lead author. She worked in partnership with the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage.

Photo
21TB-DOGS3-superJumbo.jpg

Dogs overwhelming a gazelle, left, and fighting a lion, right. CreditLeft, Ash Parton; Right, Huw Groucutt
Dr. Guagnin analyzed more than 1,400 panels of rock art that contained more than 6,600 animals across two sites. The images showed dogs helping humans hunt equids, or African asses, as well as fearsome lions and leopards. Some artwork depicted the dogs taking down medium-size prey, and in others they were used to corner larger prey.

“It’s a little bit heart wrenching, the equids are usually mothers with their young being attacked,” said Dr. Guagnin. One such image featured 21 dogs, two with leashes, surrounding an equid and its children. “It’s quite interesting to see these scenes with the dying animals and there are dogs hanging off them.”

Dr. Guagnin was not sure why the dogs would have been leashed, but she speculated it might indicate the dog was young and learning to hunt or it was important and the hunters wanted to keep it away from danger.

Dr. Zeder questioned the dating, saying that the team needed stronger evidence to support their claim that the images were as old as they believed. But she called the images striking and said they showed a collaboration between humans and dogs where humans were in control, which is a rare find among archaeological remains.

“This is giving us an actual window into the visceral thrill of the hunt,” she said. “With the rock art you’re putting flesh on the bones.”

Photo
merlin_130357202_8fc4f66d-ebd3-4dd3-9744-bb8a601f783c-master675.jpg

The dogs depicted in the art resemble the modern breed of Canaan dogs. CreditHuw Groucutt

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/science/dogs-rock-art.html

A

Another obsessed turd. Go visit Ataturk's shrine and worship him there rather than meddling what KSA does on its own territory and about its own heritage. Better mind your own business rather than spreading idiotic nonsense. Your post hurts my eyes. Just too stupid and ignorant to reply to as usual.

Who are those imaginary "Najdis"? Are you this idiotic that you believe that most Saudi Arabians are from Najd? What is wrong with being from Najd? Absolutely nothing, rather the contrary. Using the moronic rhetoric of Mullah Farsis now.:lol: Cute.

PDF never fails to deliver but keep barking.

@waz

I have never insulted, told this dumb arab they have destroyed Islamic heritages and he thinks shrines. But he loves paganism he can worship his gods.... lat and uzza and many many of them...

@waz

I have never insulted, told this dumb arab they have destroyed Islamic heritages and he thinks shrines. But he loves paganism he can worship his gods.... lat and uzza and many many of them...

This dumb Turkified Anatolian is insulting Najdis, writing historical nonsense (empty claims) and derailing an informative thread. Get lost from this thread Arab-obsessed turd. I told you what to do rather than meddling. Arabs could not give a **** about your likes opinions.

Last edited:
This dumb Turkified Anatolian is insulting Najdis, writing historical nonsense (empty claims) and derailing an informative thread. Get lost from this thread Arab-obsessed turd. I told you what to do rather than meddling. Arabs could not give a **** about your likes opinions.

DRB3HrvXcAAl5ZN.jpg

DQ9lcSiXcAUzYM4.jpg

DQ9lS-jWsAATfkb.jpg

DQ0IQqVWsAEkfpU.jpg

DQwoFwOVAAAGOdt.jpg

Saudi Arabia's hidden archeological treasures
Preserved for hundreds of years by the harsh desert climate, archaeologists are unraveling fascinating fragments of Saudi Arabia's ancient history.
Source: CNN

An incredible archaeological site in Saudi Arabia is preparing for tourism

ALEX BUTLER
Lonely Planet Writer
12 APRIL 2018

As the notoriously difficult to visit Saudi Arabia begins to open to tourism, the kingdom has announced plans to develop an incredible historic site in a bid to attract travellers.

A Saudi man walking near ancient tombs at the Khuraiba archaeological site near Saudi Arabia’s northwestern town of al-Ula. Image by FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images
Al-Ula, a region home to the ancient Nabataean city and Unesco World Heritage Site Madain Saleh, will be developed for tourism after a new agreement was signed between France and Saudi Arabia. With the help of France, the country plans to protect and promote the site, while developing sustainable tourism in the area, according to the state-run Saudi Press Agency.

Madain Saleh, originally called Hegra, was the southern Nabataean capital, while Petra was the northern capital. It was part of an important route for travel and trade for thousands of years and was a crossroads for many cultures. It is home to 131 tombs, some of which are carved dramatically into the rock faces.

A Saudi man standing at the entrance of a tomb at Madain Saleh, a UNESCO World Heritage site, near Saudi Arabia’s northwestern town of al-Ula. Image by FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images
Saudi Arabia announced last year that it planned to start opening its doors to travellers with the creation of a tourist visa. Previously, visas could only be obtained for pilgrims, those travelling for business, and those with family in the country. Saudi Arabia had also announced that it planned to relax its strict religious laws in some areas, like at a beach resort specifically designed for travellers.

Now, the country will work with France to develop tourism infrastructure to support the historic sites of Al-Ula and “enable local, regional and international visitors to Al-Ula to experience the richness of Saudi Arabia’s cultural heritage, Arabian civilizations and local values.” The agreement covers areas like archaeological heritage preservation, hospitality development that promotes sustainable tourism, cultural and artistic offerings, and more. By bringing French experience and expertise to the project, the agreement hopes to create tourism that meets strict environmental standards of ecotourism and involves the local communities as beneficiaries of the development of tourism.

Madain Saleh, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Image by FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images
As part of the agreement, the Arab World Institute in Paris will also host an exhibition on Al-Ula’s civilizations opening in spring 2019. It will be the first city in the world to display the exhibition, which follows the region’s history from ancient times up to the current efforts.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2018/04/12/al-ula-saudi-arabia-tourism/

Saudi ‘Al-Okhdood’ a historical treasure dating more than 2,000 years
c545d6c8-9c24-44c2-8de1-8c7a6aa7596d_16x9_788x442.jpg

Al-Okhdood which is mentioned in the Quran, witnessed major events and wars 2,000 years ago. (Supplied)

Maryam al-Jaber, Al-Arabiya EnglishThursday, 21 June 2018

Al-Okhdood Archaeological Site in Najran in the south of Saudi Arabia, lie in the village carrying the same name and is considered an archaeological treasure dating back more than 2,000 years.

The site is rich with artifacts and remnants of ancient drawings and engravings on stones, such as a human hand, a horse, a camel and snakes carved, in addition to remnants of a Mosque.

857b8ae9-565a-47eb-af6d-d0b75778627f.jpg

Al-Okhdood which is mentioned in the Quran, witnessed historical events and wars 2,000 years ago, and consequently led to its burning with its residents leaving it in ruin and ashes, when the last king of that era wanted to take revenge of Najran Christian residents who refused to convert to Judaism.

Considered a touristic attraction, travelers and enthusiasts can visit al-Okhdood's many ancient sites dating to the Byzantine , Umayyad and Abbasid period, proving that it was once a crucial area for trade and agriculture, along with a cultural touch.

0af7d0b9-2c0e-4a9a-b72e-6b5b435ebc71.jpg

Al-Okhood, which is built over 5sq. km south of Najran, tells the story of the people who lived there, referred to as “People of the Groove” and were mentioned in the Quran in Surah Al-Burooj.

Najran’s history witnessed important historical events and was subjected to many military campaigns at different times in history, leading to its siege and occupation and once to its complete destruction. One of these incidents is the incident of “al-Okhdood” which is mentioned in the Quran, when Judaic King of Himyar Dhu Nuwas chose to seek revenge on Nejran Christians for refusing to convert to Judaism.

a848a924-6ebd-4045-af7c-cf06a923285b.jpg

Development and exploration
Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) have conducted many archeological works in this area. The excavations uncovered the remnants of a mosque northeast of the site that dates back to the first century AH.

Also uncovered inscriptions show that it goes back to 7000 BC to 1000 BC, portraying the way the residents of that era how they hunted dogs, camels and other animals, using various weapons including spears, sticks, arches and double-headed arrows.

1a06f436-8608-426c-9762-7021323920ca.jpg

The importance of al-Okhood
The director of SCTH in Najran Saleh al-Marih said that it is considered a historical site not only in the region but also in the Arabian Peninsula because it tells one of the greatest stories of our time.

“This site has made Najran a touristic attraction, for both Arab and foreign tourists”, said al-Marih.

The site is protected by a fence while indoor seating areas have been provided, as well as a walkway and a traditional café, he added.

2bc8ac62-b743-43a9-93c4-81a539dcf43c.jpg

The director confirmed that research work and excavations are still on going in the area and that it might takes them years to unveil the many treasures and secrets underneath the surface.

He also said that since the excavations began in 1997, archaeologists have discovered many Islamic monuments, and many tombs dating back to BC.

362c7514-aa7a-465c-af8d-4d06532d5730.jpg

Historical museum
Najran is viewed as a living historical museum, especially after the discovery of various artifacts. It includes calligraphy, ancient hieroglyphs, and Egyptian inscriptions as well as Kufic ones dating back to the Early Islamic period.

They have also unearthed drawings of horses, camels, ostriches and otters, as well as handicraft, which show the presence of humans in the region, during the Stone Age.

bf2a4f8c-9e82-491d-bc07-b1d7764ee2bd.jpg

The most recent discoveries reveal that several ancient civilizations existed in the region.

Researchers also discovered traces of ancient lakes.

Last Update: Friday, 22 June 2018 KSA 12:54 - GMT 09:54

shut up animal worshiper..... ahahah... kufr shirk and big bidaath..

shut up animal worshiper..... ahahah... kufr shirk and big bidaath..

WTF are you talking about you Arabized and Turkified donkey. Go worship your Ataturk or some wolves rather than spreading nonsense here and derailing an informative thread.

What is it that you don't understand?

DRB3HrvXcAAl5ZN.jpg

DQ9lcSiXcAUzYM4.jpg

DQ9lS-jWsAATfkb.jpg

DQ0IQqVWsAEkfpU.jpg

DQwoFwOVAAAGOdt.jpg

Preserved for hundreds of years by the harsh desert climate, archaeologists are unraveling fascinating fragments of Saudi Arabia's ancient history.

ALEX BUTLER
Lonely Planet Writer
12 APRIL 2018

As the notoriously difficult to visit Saudi Arabia begins to open to tourism, the kingdom has announced plans to develop an incredible historic site in a bid to attract travellers.

A Saudi man walking near ancient tombs at the Khuraiba archaeological site near Saudi Arabia’s northwestern town of al-Ula. Image by FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images
Al-Ula, a region home to the ancient Nabataean city and Unesco World Heritage Site Madain Saleh, will be developed for tourism after a new agreement was signed between France and Saudi Arabia. With the help of France, the country plans to protect and promote the site, while developing sustainable tourism in the area, according to the state-run Saudi Press Agency.

Madain Saleh, originally called Hegra, was the southern Nabataean capital, while Petra was the northern capital. It was part of an important route for travel and trade for thousands of years and was a crossroads for many cultures. It is home to 131 tombs, some of which are carved dramatically into the rock faces.

A Saudi man standing at the entrance of a tomb at Madain Saleh, a UNESCO World Heritage site, near Saudi Arabia’s northwestern town of al-Ula. Image by FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images
Saudi Arabia announced last year that it planned to start opening its doors to travellers with the creation of a tourist visa. Previously, visas could only be obtained for pilgrims, those travelling for business, and those with family in the country. Saudi Arabia had also announced that it planned to relax its strict religious laws in some areas, like at a beach resort specifically designed for travellers.

Now, the country will work with France to develop tourism infrastructure to support the historic sites of Al-Ula and “enable local, regional and international visitors to Al-Ula to experience the richness of Saudi Arabia’s cultural heritage, Arabian civilizations and local values.” The agreement covers areas like archaeological heritage preservation, hospitality development that promotes sustainable tourism, cultural and artistic offerings, and more. By bringing French experience and expertise to the project, the agreement hopes to create tourism that meets strict environmental standards of ecotourism and involves the local communities as beneficiaries of the development of tourism.

Madain Saleh, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Image by FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images
As part of the agreement, the Arab World Institute in Paris will also host an exhibition on Al-Ula’s civilizations opening in spring 2019. It will be the first city in the world to display the exhibition, which follows the region’s history from ancient times up to the current efforts.

Al-Okhdood which is mentioned in the Quran, witnessed major events and wars 2,000 years ago. (Supplied)

Al-Okhdood Archaeological Site in Najran in the south of Saudi Arabia, lie in the village carrying the same name and is considered an archaeological treasure dating back more than 2,000 years.

The site is rich with artifacts and remnants of ancient drawings and engravings on stones, such as a human hand, a horse, a camel and snakes carved, in addition to remnants of a Mosque.

Al-Okhdood which is mentioned in the Quran, witnessed historical events and wars 2,000 years ago, and consequently led to its burning with its residents leaving it in ruin and ashes, when the last king of that era wanted to take revenge of Najran Christian residents who refused to convert to Judaism.

Considered a touristic attraction, travelers and enthusiasts can visit al-Okhdood's many ancient sites dating to the Byzantine , Umayyad and Abbasid period, proving that it was once a crucial area for trade and agriculture, along with a cultural touch.

Al-Okhood, which is built over 5sq. km south of Najran, tells the story of the people who lived there, referred to as “People of the Groove” and were mentioned in the Quran in Surah Al-Burooj.

Najran’s history witnessed important historical events and was subjected to many military campaigns at different times in history, leading to its siege and occupation and once to its complete destruction. One of these incidents is the incident of “al-Okhdood” which is mentioned in the Quran, when Judaic King of Himyar Dhu Nuwas chose to seek revenge on Nejran Christians for refusing to convert to Judaism.

Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) have conducted many archeological works in this area. The excavations uncovered the remnants of a mosque northeast of the site that dates back to the first century AH.

Also uncovered inscriptions show that it goes back to 7000 BC to 1000 BC, portraying the way the residents of that era how they hunted dogs, camels and other animals, using various weapons including spears, sticks, arches and double-headed arrows.

The director of SCTH in Najran Saleh al-Marih said that it is considered a historical site not only in the region but also in the Arabian Peninsula because it tells one of the greatest stories of our time.

“This site has made Najran a touristic attraction, for both Arab and foreign tourists”, said al-Marih.

The site is protected by a fence while indoor seating areas have been provided, as well as a walkway and a traditional café, he added.

The director confirmed that research work and excavations are still on going in the area and that it might takes them years to unveil the many treasures and secrets underneath the surface.

He also said that since the excavations began in 1997, archaeologists have discovered many Islamic monuments, and many tombs dating back to BC.

Historical museum
Najran is viewed as a living historical museum, especially after the discovery of various artifacts. It includes calligraphy, ancient hieroglyphs, and Egyptian inscriptions as well as Kufic ones dating back to the Early Islamic period.

They have also unearthed drawings of horses, camels, ostriches and otters, as well as handicraft, which show the presence of humans in the region, during the Stone Age.

The most recent discoveries reveal that several ancient civilizations existed in the region.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/fe...cal-treasure-dating-more-than-2000-years.html

WTF are you talking about you Arabized and Turkified donkey. Go worship your Ataturk or some wolves rather than spreading nonsense here and derailing an informative thread.

What is it that you don't understand?

DRB3HrvXcAAl5ZN.jpg

DQ9lcSiXcAUzYM4.jpg

DQ9lS-jWsAATfkb.jpg

DQ0IQqVWsAEkfpU.jpg

DQwoFwOVAAAGOdt.jpg

ALEX BUTLER
Lonely Planet Writer
12 APRIL 2018

Historical museum

We pray to Allah and not to animals like you, still showing stupid pictures of pagan arabs. This is bidaath, you should stop with this:-).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites_in_Saudi_Arabia

We pray to Allah and not to animals like you, still showing stupid pictures of pagan arabs. This is bidaath, you should stop with this:-).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites_in_Saudi_Arabia

Yes, Arabs who were the first Muslims and who ruled the Islamic Caliphate from the beginning until 1517 (almost 1000 years), who gave rise to the greatest scholars, who made 90% + of all the Islamic conquests, who in general are more religious than Turks, are now non-Muslims.:lol:

Sharing the numerous ancient civilizations found in KSA and 1000's of historical sites have nothing to do with whether someone is a non-Muslim or not, you dumb fool.

Now go take your medicine. A strong dose this time around.

Wikipedia.:lol: Thank God that those useless shrines were removed. Keep crying. Not your land, not your people, not your history.

As I said go worship your Ataturk at his giant mausoleum and make dumb wolf signs, speaking about animals.:rofl:

You already did your job of trolling and derailing this thread as you have done with many Arab-related threads.

Yes, Arabs who were the first Muslims and who ruled the Islamic Caliphate from the beginning until 1517 (almost 1000 years), who gave rise to the greatest scholars, who made 90% + of all the Islamic conquests, who in general are more religious than Turks, are now non-Muslims.:lol:

Sharing the numerous ancient civilizations found in KSA and 1000's of historical sites have nothing to do with whether someone is a non-Muslim or not, you dumb fool.

Now go take your medicine. A strong dose this time around.

Wikipedia.:lol: Thank God that those useless shrines were removed. Keep crying. Not your land, not your people, not your history.

As I said go worship your Ataturk at his giant mausoleum and make dumb wolf signs, speaking about animals.:rofl:

Ahahahah, you trying to save your ***. Animal worshiper.....

Defending the honor of Islam's noble personalities in not trolling dear. You should read his words what he uttered against the holy shrines. Nothing can change the reality. Saudi official version of Islam is more or less embraced by ISIS and TTP. We have fought this mentality with the blood of thousands of troops and still they are waging war against Pakistan by funding this mentality. Just search who attacked the shrines of Data Ali Hajveri (r.a) and Baba Fareed.

Listen you have some valid points... Just not on this thread. Make a seperate thread for discussing that. That's all I'm saying.

Some Arabs believe that to be proud of their identity, they need to deride Pakistanis, Turks, Persians. Actually this is a re-inventing of their identity akin to Israel’s new “culture.”

Arabs are closer to the rest of the people of the Middle East. Most of the Non-Arab Muslims also have Arab blood, many also sayed, descended from Prophet Muhammad saws.

Unless you are a direct descendant of Hazrat Ismail, Prophet Muhammad saws, then you are from a Bedouin tribe which has relations with Egypt, Africa, Babylon, Persia.

I don’t know why Arabs want to find pride in their idolatrous history, when the Prophet Muhammad saws gave them so much more. Today every Arab hates every other Arab and even people who were in the same Ottoman province can’t stand each other (Syria, lebanon).

As someone who loves Arabs and defends Arab rights, I have seen much contradiction and hypocrisy among Arab nationalists.

Don’t be slaves of Non-Muslims, be proper Muslims. Respect your Muslim brothers.

Some Arabs believe that to be proud of their identity, they need to deride Pakistanis, Turks, Persians. Actually this is a re-inventing of their identity akin to Israel’s new “culture.”

Arabs are closer to the rest of the people of the Middle East. Most of the Non-Arab Muslims also have Arab blood, many also sayed, descended from Prophet Muhammad saws.

Unless you are a direct descendant of Hazrat Ismail, Prophet Muhammad saws, then you are from a Bedouin tribe which has relations with Egypt, Africa, Babylon, Persia.

I don’t know why Arabs want to find pride in their idolatrous history, when the Prophet Muhammad saws gave them so much more. Today every Arab hates every other Arab and even people who were in the same Ottoman province can’t stand each other (Syria, lebanon).

As someone who loves Arabs and defends Arab rights, I have seen much contradiction and hypocrisy among Arab nationalists.

Don’t be slaves of Non-Muslims, be proper Muslims. Respect your Muslim brothers.

Nobody hates any non-Arabs and we know that most of our neighbors have been heavily influenced by us, have partial Arab and Semitic ancestry (already proven) and that we have also been influenced by them although less so but that is not important or changes the fact that there is a relationship. That's only natural and the same thing can be said with our relationship with Spain, Portugal (and thanks to those two Latin America were the largest Arab diaspora in the world is located 30-35 million people) Malta, Cyprus, Sicily, parts of Southern Italy, Crete, Horn of Africa, Swahili coastline, parts of South Asia, South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia), Caucasus even Central Asia and Afghanistan.

Arabs are tolerant people. We have welcomed every ethnic group to our lands, in particular Arabia and Hijaz, due to 1400 years of Umrah and Hajj.

Nobody is hating anyone either.

However when you are met with hostility, insults and have people who demonize entire regions in the Arab world or 500 million Arabs, how would you expect Arabs to reply? By giving out flowers? Arabs are not attacking anyone in this thread, non-Arabs are attacking us.

This thread is about the ancient and extremely deep history of Arabia and its many ancient civilizations (some of the oldest in the world as the many articles and links clearly explain in detail) as well as even PRE-HISTORIC history. That's all.
This has nothing to do with religion, whether it is Islam or say Shinto religion in Japan.
I am not sure why you are offended.

No, only a minority of Arabs were nomadic pastoralists (nothing wrong with this, the same was the case in Iran and all neighboring regions, even Europe was inhabited largely by those people expect for Southern Europe 1400 years ago) 1400 years ago and the oldest settled cities and communities in the entire world are found in Arabia and the Arab world.

You love Arabs by saying that we hate each other while not knowing the reality. No sane Arab hates another Arab let alone another human being. Whatever ills that occur today are the work of a rotten minority and bad decisions of leaders not to say outside meddling from the West but not only. Arabs on PDF (from Morocco to KSA) are having great relations and hardly ever argue about anything. That's always been the case as far as Is can remember here. But anyway of course there are disputes, how can there not be disputes among 500 million people and 22 nations when there are plenty of disputes in every single town in the world let alone country!

Please understand this before insulting Arabs. You might not know this but the average Arab is one of your true friends and allies. You can believe otherwise and claim that Arabs hate Pakistanis or are racist or whatever based on a few people (minorities) while forgetting that you have racist Pakistanis against Arabs as well online. This is your choice. I do not hate any Pakistanis contrary to what you tried to appear it like (otherwise I would be long gone here and not even be present here) and I suggest that you stop with such accusations however I will reply insults with insults regardless who insults me or Arabs whether he is a Pakistani, a supposed Brit or a Turk like you and everyone else saw in this thread.

Non-Arabs can take pride in their pre-Islamic history but Arabs, despite having the oldest civilizations in the world cannot. Non-Arabs can freely insult Arabs but Arabs cannot reply to their insults. Arabs are judged by two standards but usually two groups of Muslims. The pan-Islamic ones (conservative usually who tend to blame only Arab governments for failures while closing their eyes on the exacts same non-Arab Muslim governments - their own including) or just anti-Arab Muslims who imagine all kind of nonsense about Arabs. So-called "progressives" have their moments too but less so as they tend to be educated by large.

Thanks in advance.

@SALMAN F @The SC @OutOfAmmo

Last edited:
So KSA is accepting evolution & homo sapiens, neanderthal migration theory, instead of Adam eve appearing in a garden shit,
They are acknowledging that the human race is way older than what old testament says,

Yes I see potential if society & establishment continue to liberalize at this pace

Back
Top Bottom