What's new

Is Modi foreign policy on Pakistan a failure?

what revelations? nobody can take Pakistan seriously when it continues to support and train terrorists. Just this month two Pakistani origin terrorists were convicted for plotting to bomb and kill innocent people in NY. When a country spreads islamic terror globally, can't protect its own citizens from its own people, has another country molest its sovereignty through drone attacks, should provide proof before spreading propaganda to be taken seriously.

Has Modi failed?

Lets ask your own country men, a pic speaks a 1000 words

Modijpg-3578225_p9.jpg
Ever heard of photoshop nerd? ;):)

CPEC...... got a d***
NSG..... got a d***
UNSC..... got a d***
Afghanistan..... got a d***
Bashing Pakistan at UN..... got a d***

An insight into Modi's brain: When all good things fail........... get all the regional heavyweights (Bhutan, Nepal and East India - Booongladesh) and do the rain dance in lungi's, or fly to Iran and offer them to build a port to NOWHERE.......

That's how brilliant Modi is.
:laughcry:

Indians are simply a joke, their idea of isolating Pakistan and threatening on world stage backfired as Pakistan is a hot topic in all world affairs, and this time for good reasons too

India has removed Pakistan from SAARC - with all of SAARC countries barring Afghanistan in multilateral groupings that have deliberately kept Pakistan out.
The fact that all of them passed resolutions that Pakistan blocked at SAARC is a pretty good indicator that Pakistan is considered an impediment rather than a benefactor of the region.

Apart from that Pakistan has been unable to conduct a terrorist strike on India, that alone means Modi's Pakistan policy is successful.

Lastly, further development of Chabahar cuts Pakistani influence on Afghanistan for everyone in the world. So whether or not it is as cost-effective as Karachi is irrelevant, what is relevant is that a second route exists that did not exist before - and that is thanks to us and Iranians.

As far as Pakistani CPEC is concerned, there is a saying - don't count your chickens before they hatch. We have seen a dime a dozen Chinese 'investment' MoU's in Pakistan and they are worth nothing.
For all the Chinese investment that was being touted for so many years - Pakistan's FDI figures for this year are - $800 million USD. Even Bangladesh got more than that.

Some valid points indeed.

Yes India has been successful in making multilateral agreements with other SAARC members but what impact exactly will that have on Pakistan? We had negligible trade with any one of them, Bangladesh under Hasina did not require you to woo them as they are pretty anti-Pak anyways, but would the situation remain the same when Khalida comes to power?? We have pretty good relations with Srilanka and as i said relations with Afghanistan are improving. And there is no strategic or economic value of other SAARC members for Pakistan, so what impact do you think your agreements will have on Pakistan?

Your second argument doesn't make sense, why would Pakistan conduct a terrorist strike on India when we are currently fighting terrorism within our country and have been able to better our image worldwide by at last successfully confronting it. There was a time when such incidents might have worked in Pak's favor(i never agreed with that approach but sadly thats how it was) like highlighting Kashmir issue e.t.c but i don't think there is any logical explanation for doing it right now.

I haven't claimed Sir that Pakistan has or soon will become an economic giant so no need to tell me the FDI figures. The discussion was about the success or failure of Modi Foreign policy.

I would say its a resounding success.
There has been no major terrorist attack like Mumbai or military incursion like Kargil or a terrorist attack like Parliament.

Which means that it is better to be aggressive against Pakistan than talk of peace with them. Talking peace with Pakistan makes Pakistani Army want to try terrorism or military adventure. That's just the psyche.

Modi's government's defacto Pakistan policy is "if they fire one bullet, fire 10 in return, apart from that, don't talk with them"

Our SAARC minus Pakistan is a grand success. All of India's South Asian neighbours including Sri Lanka /Nepal have joined in one or the other multilateral grouping India made excluding Pakistan.

Dude, get real, Pakistan has rejected SAARC because its an impotent organization because of an impotent member country who thinks he is big. Pakistan is not Part of SAARC region.

I would say its a resounding success.
There has been no major terrorist attack like Mumbai or military incursion like Kargil or a terrorist attack like Parliament.

Which means that it is better to be aggressive against Pakistan than talk of peace with them. Talking peace with Pakistan makes Pakistani Army want to try terrorism or military adventure. That's just the psyche.

Modi's government's defacto Pakistan policy is "if they fire one bullet, fire 10 in return, apart from that, don't talk with them"

Our SAARC minus Pakistan is a grand success. All of India's South Asian neighbours including Sri Lanka /Nepal have joined in one or the other multilateral grouping India made excluding Pakistan.
India's one south Asian neighbor is buying fighter jet from Pakistan.Enjoy your dreams

LOL desperate photo shop fail... :rofl:
here let me give u some credible photoes of ur choice..
View attachment 232010

now do u need thousand words..ok let me give some more
View attachment 232011
Separatists raise Pakistan flag in Srinagar, insult India, but no arrests yet
...:pakistan::cheers:
This proves that Pakistan is behind the terrorism in J&K...by hoisting ISIS flags they have signed their death warrants...already ikhwanis have started their action in Sopore....so don't worry....there will be a rise in unmarked graves. Start feeding your mujahids...prepare them and send them to the LoC to be slaughtered. IA waiting eagerly...

Very nice.

To judge if a policy can be considered a success or a failure you have to see what goals one wants to achieve thorough that policy.

I am no expert, but through what i observe i see that Modi or Indian foreign policy for that matter is to isolate Pakistan diplomatically, reduce the strategic geographical importance (chahbahar is an example) and maligning us through good old haven of terrorism mantra.

Are we diplomatically isolated, well if you think we could have harnessed some diplomatic goodwill from Bangladesh or Bhutan, then yes otherwise we are not. Our relationship is improving with our neighbors barring India of course. No matter what one say we have much improved relations with Afghans now when compared with Karzai times. We have a much more balanced relationship with US and the EU. Our relations with China are as good as ever. And we have not lost anything in ME and Gulf. So no success on diplomatic front for their policy.

CPEC is an evidence that our geographical importance is well appreciated. We can't say Chahbahar don't have the potential to reduce Gawadar's importance somewhat when it comes to trade in Afghanistan or central asia but the question is just how much. Although we can argue about many things, let's say the distance from the Afghan cities, the capacity of the port itself e.t.c but the main point that many don't give much attention to is that people like to do business in a familiar environment, and Afghans find Pakistan much more familiar than Iran, our second largest ethnic group is their largest, things between us are bound to improve.

And lastly their old mantra is not working. With Zarb e Azb Pakistan has shown its resolve to eliminate terrorism, the world can see that so no one is going to be bothered by this mantra.

So yes Sir, Modi foreign policy on Pakistan is a failure.

Looking at the level of chest beating coming out of Pakistan's official circles, it seems Modi & Co have actually succeeded in their goals re Pakistan. The message has been pummeled into Pakistani leadership that unless their actions show reformation there ain't gonna be no talks.

Latest setback at the UN has exposed India's weak geopolitical influence in her region.

Modi government hallmark has been aggressive and obnoxious overtures to Pakistan with constant LOC violations. A typical hot and cold tactic where he embraced Nawaz at his oath bearing, only to give him a cold shoulder and start a tirade of abuse and aggressive posturing.

A strategy aimed at breeding dominance over Pakistan. Normally applied to Bangladesh who are treated like brothers one day and vermin the next depending on their mood. Sadly Pakistani psyche works entirely different and is something India think tank has not managed to calculate. India foreign office of late are acting confused and other officials are chiming in with bizarre statements and a post Myanmar violation gloat.

With recent revelations of RAW logistical support of TTP, a network exposed by ISI and details shared amongst all stakeholders in Pakistan which has led to a convergence in political-military ranks, has Modi failed in dealing with Pakistan?

I don't think Modi has any Pakistan-specific policy.

The UPA govt. had some, when they were trying for MFN status and all, but all of them went out side the window after the Mumbai attacks.

The Vajpayee govt. before that had some Pakistan specific policy too. Ironical to note, while he was in Lahore waving olive branch with Nawaz Sharif, infiltration was already going on in Kargil.

Modi's govt. has kept the interactions limited to typical knee-jerk reactions only.

Indias downfall and destruction is Modi, which already kickedstarted the day he took the PM office. Now the need is for cleverly crafting the startegies that will entirely bring down this structure with shaky foundations called india , like tumbledown shack.

The country has literally got no Foreign policy. The kind of aggressive statements they have been constantly making ,like kantay say kantay ,andhra ki mirchi, oh Gawdd!!!! So cheapppp!!!! etc does one think after uttering such rubbish anyone, any country falling in the international sphere of influence will even want to spit at modi and india? No.

Yes, that defence minister was indeed acting cheap. He should practice public speaking more often. But Modi is doing fine so far.

Sheer embarrassment at every platform for India because of prime terrorist Modi. India needs to get the muck out of fodi :lol: @Areesh

Back
Top Bottom