What's new

Is Modern Europe Enduring The Same Scourge As Ancient India?

All these practices gained upper hand in medieval period , Muslim Rulers did nothing to create change ( except for few ) .
British kept looting but atleast their coming brought a sense of sanity back into the knowledge hungry minds of South Asia .
Aurangzeb banned sati. Aurangzeb issued another order in 1663, after returning from Kashmir, "in all lands under Mughal control, never again should the officials allow a woman to be burnt".[87]

That is a big achievement. This is just one example.

Do you mean Ancient Pakistan? And if you blabber something like "Oh there was no Ancient Pakistan" well there was no Ancient India other than inside your head. If it was please cite me one primary source before 500BC that mentions India".

No translations, no transfers but actual use of "India" as in "INDIA" in a primary source?

Its not talking about IVC :agree: So be happy :lol:

It talking about the India from 2000 bce to 2000 ce :azn:

You mean to say that @DESERT FIGHTER is over 1000 years old.:rofl:

His ancestors might run into that period ........ That is why he is here :p:

:undecided:

Very beautiful thought.

Actually when you think about it everything that human beings have attained, this place of enlightenment that so many people on this planet are now in, prosperous, scientifically literate, socially free....this is very easy for a group either from outside or from within their own societies to topple.

It has happened so many times in history before. Maybe in a few hundred years we will be back in the dark ages again!
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Churchill

And I am not going to waste my time here with imbiciles wo are going to peddle the familiar tripe. If anybody get's primary source prior to 500C please tag me.

However I have to say this. I have had lot of spare time lately and which I have used to do lot of reading. Frankly I never had much respect for the union called "Bharat" today but more I read,my opinion of that country just goes, down and down. Really does. Just lot hocus pocus with anything worthwhile mostly borrowed from outside. It really is "all that shines is not defintely not gold".

Modern Indian's cannot sustain their national self image without plundering everything from the Indus and that even bloody includes the name they use today to bask under. Of course this does not detract from the fact that many Indian's at the private level are great people.

Aurangzeb banned sati. Aurangzeb issued another order in 1663, after returning from Kashmir, "in all lands under Mughal control, never again should the officials allow a woman to be burnt".[87]

That is a big achievement. This is just one example.

It sounds like present day Governments . They pass laws but they never implement .
Instead he imposed Jizya tax which was partly abolished by Akbar .

Well then find me single bloody source from 2000BCE to 500AD.

INDIKA by Maganthese :-) Bible of Christians :lol: Vedic books of Hindus :enjoy: Books by Tibetan and Chinese Monks :rolleyes:

Kitabul Hind by Al burini :azn: after 500 CE

Europe is rediscovering terror. Paris, Brussels, Nice, Cologne and Munich. In all of this, one discerns a faint sense of history repeating itself, but under a different sky.

Think about this. You're back a thousand years or so in time, in India.

Life's good. There's fertile land, there is abundance. There are cultured people well versed in the arts; there is music, dance, philosophy, literature, learning, architecture and openness towards life. Civilization is at its zenith. It's a golden age in many ways.

There's the Kama Sutra. People don't shy away from enjoying the pleasures of life. Sexual mores aren't too strict. Women aren't sequestered away under the veil and enjoy plenty of freedom. They participate equally in various aspects of life.

Certain conditions of India a thousand years ago could very well describe today's Europe. History tends to repeat itself if its lessons are not learned.

There's war every now and then, but there are some rules, some honour even. Some major wars from the past have left scars on the people's psyche and made everyone wary of the misery that battle brings. Peace and humanity are the major driving forces, not hunger for territory.

And there's wealth, an immense amount of it. All this has made you a little soft. You've forgotten that while you espouse elevated philosophies of living, there are others who don't think like you; they believe in a very different system. You've neglected the need to defend yourself.

You're living and enjoying life, oblivious to the ominous clouds gathering over the horizon that will change your land's destiny forever.

And then you experience terror. The terror that comes from facing a ferocious foe, determined to sack, loot, rape, pillage and destroy.

You witness the slaughter and the carnage. Your compatriots killed, taken captive, enslaved. Your homes, universities, institutions and places of worship destroyed, your wealth plundered.

Women turned into commodities. You're helpless and unable to comprehend, let alone counter, the onslaught.

At first these are terrifying raids. The raiders come, loot and go away. Then they realize that you are unable and unwilling to fight back and they can rule over you. So they return, to stay and impose their beliefs.

History shows us that terrorism is not a new phenomenon. Just the methods of inflicting it have changed. India has faced it squarely and suffered from it immensely for more than a millennium.

Certain conditions of India a thousand years ago could very well describe today's Europe. History tends to repeat itself if its lessons are not learned.

Human nature is such that one can never neglect one's defences. The survival of a civilization requires strength and if it cannot protect itself, there will be predators -- lurking, waiting to violently impose their ways. Ancient India experienced this and paid a heavy price, and now modern Europe may just be getting a sense of it.

Having fostered and enjoyed a vibrant liberalism, it seems today that Europe may have failed to anticipate the clear and present threats to its values and way of life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/amit-n...e-enduring-the-same-scourge-as-ancient-india/

Europe was a land of milk and honey...until the boats of refugees arrived..They are properly screwed and I only see their situation worsening.

Though..

If one takes care of the terrorist situation (I presume that's what's being inferred in the op)

It's just violent extremist phenomena who hide among people and not the likes of a crazed army of raiders riding camels from the desert to loot and plunge...that sort of thing is an impossibility now because they will be roasted instantly along with the holes they emerge from.

The non Muslim world controls everything and is 100 times stronger than the whole Muslim world put together. .

The armies like the US, NATO, Russia...even China, Israel..and I dare say even India can take care of any number of these hordes on the battle field. The things that they cannot save themselves effectively is from terrorists operating from hiding.

Even smaller armies like Japan, South Korea can be handful and can take care of numerous opponents at one time.

Technology and moderism has made all the difference - and we all know who controls that...including the world.

I see this crap in Europe. This is the Bharati version of "make hay while the sun shines". Over the last decade and half Europe/West is having problems with it's neighbour which happens to be mostly Muslim countries. That's simply because the neighbours are Muslim countries. If all of Europes neighbours were Bantu Negroe Christians they would be having problems with them. It is simple as geography. Like USA has problems with Mexicans because, well the are across the border. Ditto Europe.

So these Indian's wanting to massage and suck on Western organ have satarting to sing the same songs as the far right in Europe. That of course means dreaming up a narrative that is in sync with the mood of the far right in the West. result is you get these articles. What they overlook is Europeans will accept Turks, Morrocans, Syrians, Iranians far more than these sliding creatures from the overpopulated banks of the Ganga-Bramaputra.

I am currently reading History and Yes , there were great rulers like Akbar but there were also people like Bin Quasim , Ghori , Ghaznavi ..........
They were even greater...Aurangzeb was among the better ones, Sher Shah Suri, Tipu Sultan,...They were all great men and rulers.

They were even greater...Aurangzeb was among the better ones, Sher Shah Suri, Tipu Sultan,...They were all great men and rulers.

Sher Shah Suri , Yes .

Tipu Sultan , Not much knowledge to comment .

Aurangzeb , You must be kidding . He was cruel to Kashmiri Pandits and even went on to kill our protector the 9th GURU , GURU Teg Bhadur .

Sher Shah Suri , Yes .

Tipu Sultan , Not much knowledge to comment .

Aurangzeb , You must be kidding . He was cruel to Kashmiri Pandits and even went on to kill our protector the 9th GURU , GURU Teg Bhadur .
He was not like that, they might have done something to deserve that.

INDIKA by Maganthese
Look you half literate it is not pronunced "Indika". Ινδική is used by ancient writers and it was pronounced as "Indee-keys". I have this info from a friend who is Greek linguist with interest in Ancient Grrek history. It was the British who began to use "India" and because they were superpower they made the term current across the world. To begin with the term Ινδική mean only the Indus region. What your doing, like most of your kind are apt to do, is gather bits and then join them togather to make a single narrative of your own making.

Did you know that Asia originally meant the Turkish coast opposite Greece? Today it most Americans take it to mean Japs., Chinese, Koreans etc. That does not mean the "Asia" of 1000BC is Japan does it?

I am got going to go through this all over again. Those interested, please read the academic article posted in the link below.

1 (a) Ινδική > The Indus region that is modern Pakistan.
(b) Hendosh > The Achaemenid Persian satrapy covering modern Sindh in Pakistan.
2. Ινδική > The Indus region and Ganges basin.
3. Limyrike > Deccan region or modern South India.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/hindustan-is-not-india.421350/page-2#ixzz4FipjvkDJ

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom