What's new

Irked by Imran Khan’s allegations, Justice Minallah asks whether PTI has trust in courts

The people who are supposed to write and enhance and refine the constitution?
Established in accordance to the Part VII of the Constitution of Pakistan, it has ultimate and extensive appellate, original, and advisory jurisdictions on all courts (including the high courts, district, special and Shariat court), involving issues of laws and may act on the verdicts rendered on the cases in context in which it enjoys jurisdiction. In the court system of Pakistan, the Supreme Court is the final arbiter of legal and constitutional disputes as well as final interpreter of constitutional law, and the highest court of appeal in Pakistan.

Courts did nothing wrong, their verdict restoring parliament was a fantastic defence of the constitution. Judges should continue resisting anyone trying to apply pressure.
Two different issues. First the matter of VoNC is not sub-judicial and every citizen has the right to disagree or criticize judiciary’s conduct.
Second, Judge’s duty is to law and justice, just because a critic happens to be a pleader in a case against a false blasphemy charge, the judge does not have the right to ask the pleader to ‘kiss his - - - ‘ as a precondition. If his speeches are against the law, then they are a separate matter.

The issue at hand here is a blasphemy charge against all PTI leadership, which is probably the most malicious and bogus charge in Pakistans history of political victimization. What CJ did here in this plea is pure blackmail, to which he has no right to - especially regarding a sensitive issue of religious blasphemy.

Last edited:
1652123434685.png

Whether the court is trusted or not is irrelevant, and has nothing to do with the cases being presented. Why is the Justice trying to bring his feelings into what should be a fact based hearing?

If he's this prone to emotional outbursts, he should immediately be removed as a judge and his cases handed over to another more competent judge.

On a side note, IK's opinion on the courts is less relevant than the people's. Even if IK said nothing, decades of incompetence from the judicial system has ruined the judiciary reputation. In other worlds, the court's have no one to blame but themselves. It's only more they've woken up to the people's complaints, because this time they messed with the wrong guy.

Two different issues. First the matter of VoNC is not sub judicial and every citizen has the right to disagree or criticize judiciary conduct.
Second Judge’s duty is to law and justice, just because a critic happens to be a pleader in a case against a false blasphemy charge, Judges do not have the right to ask them to ‘kiss their - - - ‘ as a precondition. If his speeches are against the law, then they are a separate matter.

The issue at hand here is a blasphemy charge against all PTI leadership, which is probably the most malicious and bogus charge in Pakistans history of political victimization. What CJ did here in this plea is blackmail, to which he has no right to - especially regarding a sensitive issue of religious blasphemy.
On blasphemy cases, they are ridiculous and I'm not even discussing them here, it's these kind of bs trumped up charges that were employed against opposition politicians when IK was in power. But don't worry, bs accusations never stick.

Citizens do criticise court proceedings. I've not argued that they don't have the right. I'm specifically saying that the NVC related verdicts were perfect, instead of random tangential criticisms of the courts as IK and his supporters are practising, why not try to argue the subject?

The IHC CJ refused to conduct the hearing, stating that the advocate, Faisal Chaudhry, must first ask the party leadership whether they trusted the court.

“The narrative that the Supreme Court and the high courts are compromised is still being spread," Justice Minallah observed. "This court can work for 24 hours a day," he said, asking if the petitioner had any objection with the court that the court may look into.

He added that the petitioners had till tomorrow (Tuesday) to provide a response. “If you don't trust the court, let me know,” the IHC CJ stated.

CJ Minallah criticised the rhetoric of the ousted government, reminding that it was the same court that provided relief to the PTI at 11pm during the 2014 sit-in.

“If you have the slightest doubt that the high court and the Supreme Court were compromised, let me know,” the high court justice reiterated.

The chief justice also questioned the "irresponsible reporting", saying that “some analysts created an atmosphere that a martial law was imminent.”

He further censured the PTI for flaming doubts on the country's institutions when Imran questioned courts opening at night

Responding to the IHC CJ's remarks, PTI's counsel Faisal Chaudhry said that he would again ask the petitioner if they wanted to withdraw the petition from the IHC.

Chief Justice Athar Minallah continued to lambast the PTI stating that they did not have confidence in the courts and were telling the public that the courts had been compromised.

In efforts to prompt a response, the CJ stated, “Imran Khan is constantly questioning the court, do Imran Khan and PTI not trust the court?”

Advocate Chaudhry stated that he had confidence in the high court and urged the judge to hear the case.

CJ Minallah expressed his disappointment with the party’s comments, stating that “it is unfortunate that a political leader stands in a meeting and tells workers that the courts have been compromised.”

The high court justice stated that the court respects the leaders of every democratic party. However, the PTI had accused him of owning an apartment in Manchester, adding that that the Honorable Justice Mansoor Ali Shah was also not spared.

The IHC has currently directed Faisal Chaudhry to take instructions and inform the court whether PTI chairman Imran Khan had confidence in them, otherwise the case will be sent to different bench.

If nawaz sherif removes next army chief.

Then let this athar minullah open courts at night.
The bastard has no shame....
Even prostitutes are more honorable.

This is the right of the any pm to change coas.
COAS IS NOT GOD....
Only allah will judge you judges

On blasphemy cases, they are ridiculous and I'm not even discussing them here, it's these kind of bs trumped up charges that were employed against opposition politicians when IK was in power. But don't worry, bs accusations never stick.

Citizens do criticise court proceedings. I've not argued that they don't have the right. I'm specifically saying that the NVC related verdicts were perfect, instead of random tangential criticisms of the courts as IK and his supporters are practising, why not try to argue the subject?
What kind of blasphemy charges did imran khan imposed on his opposition.
Actually we his supporters are tired of playing fair. Its time we also play dirty and we have lots more.

What kind of blasphemy charges did imran khan imposed on his opposition.
Actually we his supporters are tired of playing fair. Its time we also play dirty and we have lots more.

PTI lawyers should have told him recently in an international survey our judiciary was ranked 130th among 139, should we trust our judiciary?

I am not sure when PTI brought blasphemy charges against opponents? There are have been corruption cases and some have seen convictions from courts. About arguing the subject, it has been argued. But would you mind extending and following this advice for NS and AZ corruption cases as well?

Anyway, political parties have and can plead their case in public regarding political and other issues. The topic here is CJ dismissal of the plea, which at least looks unjust and unlawful.

He knows the answer. Most supporters of IK are saying it openly. But he wants IK to say it. He's baiting him. That will give him pretext for whatever it is he wants to do with IK.

The IHC CJ refused to conduct the hearing, stating that the advocate, Faisal Chaudhry, must first ask the party leadership whether they trusted the court.

“The narrative that the Supreme Court and the high courts are compromised is still being spread," Justice Minallah observed. "This court can work for 24 hours a day," he said, asking if the petitioner had any objection with the court that the court may look into.

He added that the petitioners had till tomorrow (Tuesday) to provide a response. “If you don't trust the court, let me know,” the IHC CJ stated.

CJ Minallah criticised the rhetoric of the ousted government, reminding that it was the same court that provided relief to the PTI at 11pm during the 2014 sit-in.

“If you have the slightest doubt that the high court and the Supreme Court were compromised, let me know,” the high court justice reiterated.

The chief justice also questioned the "irresponsible reporting", saying that “some analysts created an atmosphere that a martial law was imminent.”

He further censured the PTI for flaming doubts on the country's institutions when Imran questioned courts opening at night

Responding to the IHC CJ's remarks, PTI's counsel Faisal Chaudhry said that he would again ask the petitioner if they wanted to withdraw the petition from the IHC.

Chief Justice Athar Minallah continued to lambast the PTI stating that they did not have confidence in the courts and were telling the public that the courts had been compromised.

In efforts to prompt a response, the CJ stated, “Imran Khan is constantly questioning the court, do Imran Khan and PTI not trust the court?”

Advocate Chaudhry stated that he had confidence in the high court and urged the judge to hear the case.

CJ Minallah expressed his disappointment with the party’s comments, stating that “it is unfortunate that a political leader stands in a meeting and tells workers that the courts have been compromised.”

The high court justice stated that the court respects the leaders of every democratic party. However, the PTI had accused him of owning an apartment in Manchester, adding that that the Honorable Justice Mansoor Ali Shah was also not spared.

The IHC has currently directed Faisal Chaudhry to take instructions and inform the court whether PTI chairman Imran Khan had confidence in them, otherwise the case will be sent to different bench.

Tell this crocked cockroach he is getting paid for sitting at that seat so have a decency and do work at a day and civilized times. Trust in courts absolutely not and this is not his job to wish for trust in him you just do your job and watch out for the day of reckoning when your turn will come.

Courts did nothing wrong, their verdict restoring parliament was a fantastic defence of the constitution. Judges should continue resisting anyone trying to apply pressure.

Is that supposed to be a sarcastic comment?... The constitution of Pakistan categorically forbids courts from interfering in the proceedings of the Parliament. And the Parliament is not allowed to drag judges and their decisions on the floor of the Parliament. This is the most basic principle of the doctrine of separation of powers

PTI should send a reference against this idiot to the Supreme Judicial Council. From his remarks it is clear that he is bias and should not be a judge.
Judge should not make any remarks, he should decide the cases according ot the laws and merits. Which this crooked judge had not been doing, there are plenty of very objectionable decisions by this corrupt thug, who is part of Kanna Dajjal cabal.

People objecting to opening of courts at unusual times, which only happens when Sharifs want decsions in their favours. The courts always obliged them, why Pakistanis trust such courts!!

Is that supposed to be a sarcastic comment?... The constitution of Pakistan categorically forbids courts from interfering in the proceedings of the Parliament. And the Parliament is not allowed to drag judges and their decisions on the floor of the Parliament. This is the most basic principle of the doctrine of separation of powers
Incorrect assessment, happy to explain this again when I have time.

Back
Top Bottom