What's new

Irked by Imran Khan’s allegations, Justice Minallah asks whether PTI has trust in courts

even if 20 May march fails, rising corruption and commodity prices means it (Srilianka like crisis) is eventual.

article 69 ko raddi ki tokr mein phenk dena chahiye.
what would happen if one article of constitution contradicts with another article?
The whole constitution is a clusterf*** like the overall system of our country.Much like the comically sounding article number.😁

U can't tell where one article begins, and the other ends.It is a never ending debate of interpretations.

Oh! that much justice....

1652117256734.png

Is Justice Minallah Chief Justice of our high court of a jilted girlfriend?
Why is he having a hissy fit. There are over 50000 pending case and he adjorns because he is hurt by comments made by now an ordinary citizen.

No wonder Pakistan is ranked 130/139 for Rule of Law.

Have courts resolved the countless # of cases in their backlog? Why would the common man trust these courts when they've been denied justice for decades.

The IHC CJ refused to conduct the hearing, stating that the advocate, Faisal Chaudhry, must first ask the party leadership whether they trusted the court.

“The narrative that the Supreme Court and the high courts are compromised is still being spread," Justice Minallah observed. "This court can work for 24 hours a day," he said, asking if the petitioner had any objection with the court that the court may look into.

He added that the petitioners had till tomorrow (Tuesday) to provide a response. “If you don't trust the court, let me know,” the IHC CJ stated.

CJ Minallah criticised the rhetoric of the ousted government, reminding that it was the same court that provided relief to the PTI at 11pm during the 2014 sit-in.

“If you have the slightest doubt that the high court and the Supreme Court were compromised, let me know,” the high court justice reiterated.

The chief justice also questioned the "irresponsible reporting", saying that “some analysts created an atmosphere that a martial law was imminent.”

He further censured the PTI for flaming doubts on the country's institutions when Imran questioned courts opening at night

Responding to the IHC CJ's remarks, PTI's counsel Faisal Chaudhry said that he would again ask the petitioner if they wanted to withdraw the petition from the IHC.

Chief Justice Athar Minallah continued to lambast the PTI stating that they did not have confidence in the courts and were telling the public that the courts had been compromised.

In efforts to prompt a response, the CJ stated, “Imran Khan is constantly questioning the court, do Imran Khan and PTI not trust the court?”

Advocate Chaudhry stated that he had confidence in the high court and urged the judge to hear the case.

CJ Minallah expressed his disappointment with the party’s comments, stating that “it is unfortunate that a political leader stands in a meeting and tells workers that the courts have been compromised.”

The high court justice stated that the court respects the leaders of every democratic party. However, the PTI had accused him of owning an apartment in Manchester, adding that that the Honorable Justice Mansoor Ali Shah was also not spared.

The IHC has currently directed Faisal Chaudhry to take instructions and inform the court whether PTI chairman Imran Khan had confidence in them, otherwise the case will be sent to different bench.

My question to the judge in question is: Should anyone believe in a court that ranks 130 out of 139 in 2022?

Irked by Imran Khan’s allegations, Justice Minallah asks whether PTI has trust in courts​

The IHC CJ says judges are not afraid of any campaign against judiciary; says they decide cases as per the law

By Web Desk
May 09, 2022

Islamabad High Court Chief Justice Athar MInallah.  Photo: IHC website/file
Islamabad High Court Chief Justice Athar MInallah. Photo: IHC website/file

ISLAMABAD: Irked by ousted prime minister Imran Khan’s continuous allegations against the courts, Islamabad High Court Chief (IHC) Justice Athar Minallah on Monday observed that it seems the PTI’s leadership doesn't have trust in the judiciary.

Justice Minallah issued the remarks while hearing a petition submitted by PTI’s leader Fawad Chaudhry, challenging the cases filed against Imran Khan and the top leadership of his party over the Masjid-e-Nabwi incident.
At the outset of today’s hearing, Justice Minallah noted: “Yesterday, PTI Chairman Imran Khan once again questioned why the courts were opened at 12am.”

He asked whether "PTI chairman has trust in courts or not?”

The petitioner was telling his party workers that the courts are “compromised”, noted Justice MInallah and said that they will excuse themselves from hearing the case if the petitioner does not have confidence in the court and accused the judiciary of being compromised.

The judge directed the petitioner’s counsel to take guidelines from the party’s leadership, adding that if the party does not have confidence in this bench, then they will refer the case to any other bench where they are comfortable.

He said that they did not want other important cases, including the missing persons' case, affected by the political statements made by the party’s leadership.

At this, Fawad’s lawyer Faisal Chaudhry pleaded with the court to listen to the case, considering it the case of missing persons.

“Do not undermine the missing persons' issue,” the judge told the lawyer.
The IHC CJ said that they are not afraid of any campaign against the judiciary, adding that they decide cases as per the law.

“The court had listened [Imran Khan’s] yesterday’s speech. What message was conveyed to the public?” the CJP asked. He said, "your party’s followers believe that he has a flat in Manchester."

Meanwhile, the IHC extended till May 12 the stay order that restrained the police from arresting former information minister Fawad Chaudhry and ex-PM’s aide Dr Shahbaz Gill in a case relating to chanting slogans against Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and his delegation at Masjid-e-Nabwi (PBUH) in Madinah.

Does he usually work at midnight Sunday???

Corrupt Son of a Court

Courts did nothing wrong, their verdict restoring parliament was a fantastic defence of the constitution. Judges should continue resisting anyone trying to apply pressure.
Agree
They now need to protect Punjab assembly since assembly doesn't has numbers if current law is followed. The solution i tthinks they should declare corruption as legal and declare Islamic Hardee's on bribery as false..the moto should be "کھاؤ اور کھلاؤ "

Personally i dont see any thing bad in corruption..

As nawaz sharif put it clear
"بھائی تمیں کیا ؟"

I mean why is IK worried about others corruption. He needs to worry about his own. I mean i think he is angry because he is not good at it.he shoudl take some lessons from nawaz sharif

if supreme court doesnt come to rescue PTI might dissolve punjab assembly since govwrnor will ask for govt to prove numbers

Courts did nothing wrong, their verdict restoring parliament was a fantastic defence of the constitution. Judges should continue resisting anyone trying to apply pressure.

How did they legislate against convicted Nawaz, accused ShowBaz, excused Maryam, Guilty Zardari???

Let alone Imran Khan, my 3 years niece has no trust whatsoever and the reason is simple (no layer within the judiciary is credible). Your strings are pulled from behind by your masters, even a blind man can see it. I am amazed that you've the guts to even ask this question brazenly, wow. Are you for real man.

Let alone Imran Khan, my 3 years niece has no trust whatsoever and the reason is simple (no layer within the judiciary is credible). Your strings are pulled from behind by your masters, even a blind man can see it. I am amazed that you've the guts to even ask this question brazenly, wow. Are you for real man.
I am amazed that people are amazed

The same courts have legalized every coup
So whats amazing about one more??

Back
Top Bottom