What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Qaher was planned as a stealth interceptor, anything else is just the path of it's development, so basically comparing it with Kowthar at this stage is irrelevant.

Are you making a joke?

A subsonic interceptor slower than the Karrar! no radar! horrible high speed maneuvering capability! built on a composite frame that would likely turn into dust well below 6G's!
And the frame my be low RCS but by no definition of the word is that stealth!

Infact in terms of RCS with a little RAM coating Iran can bring down the RCS of the Kowsar down to that level (at least from a few angles they can)

Come on man! Hanooz ham!

No it was not. In fact some on here were saying it was an anti ship plane. A bogus idea in the age of long range CM/AshCMs and drones equipped with PGMs.

Internal bay too small, bird of prey wings and weird intake placement ment high attitude was a death sentence. And interceptors are heavy fighters equipped with some of the most powerful engines (see F-14 of 1970’s). F-313 with 2 J-79’s was not intercepting anything.

F-313 was like someone took a F-5 then put a cheap stealth body kit on it.

The plane was too small. I thought if they could enlarge it by 200+%, fix the intakes, and forget the bird of prey niche feature then it could have a basis of being a medium fighter. But it became clear as the years went by the military was not going to sink money into the plane.

Honestly I didn’t hate the plane minus the wing tips and intake. It Just needed to be enlarged by a lot to fit proper amount of armaments, radar, and engines. But for Iran to go completely new design on its first attempt at a fighter jet that was not a F-5 was too risky. Without a AL-21/RD-33 level engine, these projects are dead on arrival.

Makes sense to reverse engineer and mass produce an already established fighter (not F-5). I mean how many different planes did China reverse engineer and copy until it’s first all domestic design?
Dehghan said it was an interceptor at the final stage. But he did put F5 engines in it to bring it into a fake operational state and make some money by sell few to airforce.

There is no cheap stealth body, at least not for a fighter jet.

What people say has no value, whether the so called ridiculous anti ship role or your opinion about it's wing tip and air intake. even airforce's Sofreh-mahi concept had air intake over the body, the same with many 5th and 6th gen concepts on the internet. wing tips on F4 were upward to increase it's maneuverability, in XB-70 they were downward to increase the stability, only the designer can decide about it, not random people, even if they are experts.

Qaher was planned as a stealth interceptor, anything else is just the path of it's development, so basically comparing it with Kowthar at this stage is irrelevant.

Tell me you at least changed your views on Ahmadi!!!

Don't tell me you are still an Ahmadi supporter!

Are you making a joke?

A subsonic interceptor slower than the Karrar! no radar! horrible high speed maneuvering capability! built on a composite frame that would likely turn into dust well below 6G's!
And the frame my be low RCS but by no definition of the word is that stealth!

Infact in terms of RCS with a little RAM coating Iran can bring down the RCS of the Kowsar down to that level (at least from a few angles they can)

Come on man! Hanooz ham!
An interceptor is supersonic and has radars. so when Dehghan said it's an interceptor in the final stage, it means it will get a powerful engine and radar at that stage, otherwise he would call it interceptor already.

Tell me you at least changed your views on Ahmadi!!!

Don't tell me you are still an Ahmadi supporter!
I'm not his supporter, I always compare the performance and plans, so still Ahamadinejad is 1000 times better than Rouhani, but I would choose Raeesi and Jalili over him without any hesitation.

Dehghan said it was an interceptor at the final stage. But he did put F5 engines in it to bring it into a fake operational state and make some money by sell few to airforce.

There is no cheap stealth body, at least not for a fighter jet.

What people say has no value, whether the so called ridiculous anti ship role or your opinion about it's wing tip and air intake. even airforce's Sofreh-mahi concept had air intake over the body, the same with many 5th and 6th gen concepts on the internet. wing tips on F4 were upward to increase it's maneuverability, in XB-70 they were downward to increase the stability, only the designer can decide about it, not random people, even if they are experts.

Intakes are a problem mainly because the design is wrong & will become problematic over the long run & not simply because they are over the body! Also, Airflow could become an issue! Your comparing aircrafts that will have turbofan engines and hi air flow with a tiny turbojet with no afterburners!
The major difference is turbofans create significant lift using their fans while tiny little trubojets not so much!

Air frames are expensive but there is a massive difference in cost between the Air Frame of the F-22 vs F-15 vs F-5 vs Q313

Stability = lower maneuverability (Unless u have TVC) that's correct and sure the Q313 will be stable because it can't go supersonic anyway so how does that make it into an interceptor? XB-70 is a delta wing bomber not a fighter that requires maneuverability & it's delta wing not the same thing!

Building a supersonic fighter is NOT just about the engine buddy! Even if they change the engine that is simply not a supersonic design & if you try to force it the frame will either break up or best case it just wont last long!

As for Dehghans comments "Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me" Or as GW Bush said if you fool me you can't fool me again! LOL!

I'm not his supporter, I always compare the performance and plans, so still Ahamadinejad is 1000 times better than Rouhani, but I would choose Raeesi and Jalili over him without any hesitation.

Rohani turned out to be an even bigger traitor!

Raeesi yes! Ghalibof yes!
Next election if Raeesi doesn't preform then Saeed Mohammad HELL YES! (Time for some new blood!) Although I'd like to know exactly why he was disqualified if its just about the feud between him and Ghalibof then I don't care Hell Yes Saeed Mohammad!

Jalili hell NO! He is made of the same cloth as Ahmadi! Don't fall for the front he puts up! Yes I like what he says in terms of supporting domestic production and I love his stance on the JCPOA but in the end I know better to fall for that! And it's not mostly about him personally rather some of the ppl he has around him! Hell NO!

Wasn't sure where to post this so I decided here I guess

China’s defense minister to visit Iran

China’s defense minister to visit Iran
Tehran, IRNA – China’s Defense Minister General Wei Fenghe is going to visit Tehran on Wednesday, heading a high-profile military delegation.

The Chinese defense minister will meet Iran’s Minister of Defense and Logistics Brigadier General Mohammad-Reza Gharaei Ashtiani.
General Fenghe will also have meetings with other high-raking Iranian officials to discuss the latest regional and international developments and the ways to enhance Iran-China bilateral ties and the interaction between the two countries’ armed forces.

I hope it brings about something for the IRIAF in some way.

To be honest with you guys the whole idea of IRIAF getting Sukhois has become nothing more than an urban legend to me now lol.

Plus the global optics of Iran purchasing mass armaments from Russia at this time (in light of the latter's geopolitical situation) may also be a factor for this delay and constant withering.

I read somewhere here before that IRIAF pilots went to China and examined the J-10C and apparently were not impressed which is fine. *But* we shouldn't discount China as a supplier outright because China also produces the Shenyang J-11 which is a SU-27 reverse engineered and which eventually gave rise to the Shenyang J-16. The J-16 is a twin-seat multi-role strike fighter that boasts an AESA radar and is powered by WS-10A turbofan engines. Given that it is based almost entirely on the SU-27 chassis, perhaps it would be suitable for Iran's defence needs, esp that it is a multirole strike fighter + Iran has technical experience in dealing with Russian based frames and engineering. Finally, given that it is not entirely a Chinese design and has been around for some time, perhaps China will be more willing to allow for ToT.

Just my two cents

Wang Songxi, a military flight instructor, was interviewed by CCTV, where he explained that the J-16 is superior to all the fighters he has ever flown. “The J-16 has no flaws, because it is equipped with many types of weapons and can operate under all weather conditions,” said Wang

Not biased at all :coffee:

I hope it brings about something for the IRIAF in some way.

To be honest with you guys the whole idea of IRIAF getting Sukhois has become nothing more than an urban legend to me now lol.

Plus the global optics of Iran purchasing mass armaments from Russia at this time (in light of the latter's geopolitical situation) may also be a factor for this delay and constant withering.

I read somewhere here before that IRIAF pilots went to China and examined the J-10C and apparently were not impressed which is fine. *But* we shouldn't discount China as a supplier outright because China also produces the Shenyang J-11 which is a SU-27 reverse engineered and which eventually gave rise to the Shenyang J-16. The J-16 is a twin-seat multi-role strike fighter that boasts an AESA radar and is powered by WS-10A turbofan engines. Given that it is based almost entirely on the SU-27 chassis, perhaps it would be suitable for Iran's defence needs, esp that it is a multirole strike fighter + Iran has technical experience in dealing with Russian based frames and engineering. Finally, given that it is not entirely a Chinese design and has been around for some time, perhaps China will be more willing to allow for ToT.

Just my two cents
It takes big cohones to sell aircraft to Iran. I just don't think they'd do it unless its via ToT and license production. I am doubtful, I actually pin more hope to Russia considering the relations with the Western nations are probably at an all time low. I mean, they are literally using western equipment to kill their troops, I'd imagine Russia would wanna get back at them if they can, and also boost their revenues from exports or ToT purchase.

1650994822032.png

1650994997648.png

Russia is slacking on radar! I'd pick it over the Su-30 or the Su-35 just for the AESA

I very much doubt that the Raeesi Administration would purchase any fighters even if offered!

Back
Top Bottom