What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Guys, Russia has lost 9 SU-34s the most advanced bomber of RuAF.

Any idea about which airdefense used to down the fullbacks? So far they have also lost 10 percent of their overall Ka-52 Choppers. I know that its because of insane Flow of MANPADs into Ukraine. But hitting 9 SU-34 is an outstanding achievement for Ukrainian airdefense forces.

Any idea about which airdefense used to down the fullbacks? So far they have also lost 10 percent of their overall Ka-52 Choppers. I know that its because of insane Flow of MANPADs into Ukraine. But hitting 9 SU-34 is an outstanding achievement for Ukrainian air defense forces

fools are using Iron bombs , so they had to fly low to hit anything , guess even manpad is enough to hit su-34 when it fly so low

Sure. But me think before buying iranian pilots will test them anyway.

Iranian is well aware of Chinese fighters.

At this point Iran knows what it wants and what Plan B is. The question is wether Russia and China will sell them? That’s a question that’s been going on for decades.

Any idea about which airdefense used to down the fullbacks? So far they have also lost 10 percent of their overall Ka-52 Choppers. I know that its because of insane Flow of MANPADs into Ukraine. But hitting 9 SU-34 is an outstanding achievement for Ukrainian airdefense forces.

Maybe starstreak manpad by UK —3 supersonic metal rods basically that cannot be jammed. Now UK is sending the tracked armoured version to Ukraine.

Also despite what Russian’s say, some BUKs and S-300 still survive on top of whatever the West is still secretly pushing thru.

You wouldn’t be flying low unless you are trying to stay out of radar detection. The majority of videos I see they are flying very low.

Image of Russian aviation is taking a hit now. If you are a owner of Russian fighters you are wondering about the viability against a semi decent air defense.

Not to mention like @Hack-Hook said the question remains how much PGM’s does Russia have and what is the technological prowess of them? Israel is dropping bombs from Lebanon and hitting targets as far as Syria-Iraq border, where as Russia has to go all the way to the target?

Are we saying that Israel has more stockpile and better PGMs than Russia? Likely possible from what we are seeing.

In your opinion, why would they refuse??

Indications from reliable source indicate that JCPOA is to be revived very soon

Hopefully more cash flow = New fighter jets

Elijah was very good, now he’s hit or miss.

Everything coming out of negotiations is the nuclear side is agreed. But neither side will budge on IRGC terror issue.

Dems facing midterms in Nov. so they don’t want to be seen as “catering” to Iran’s demands as the Republicans will likely try to claim. Big partisan divide.

Another one from today (or yesterday depending on timezone)

In your opinion, why would they refuse??

Indications from reliable source indicate that JCPOA is to be revived very soon

Hopefully more cash flow = New fighter jets

I think they would!
It really depends on the price, the aircraft being offered, what is included in the price, the financing, if there is a tech transfer & whether or not we get access to the weapons systems so we can use our own weapons
Unless China can come up with an attractive offer with good financing, I really don't see them purchasing a fighter jet.

Since China is buying most of our oil making a deal with them for financing would be relatively easy but the problem is that Chinese are going to want to offer us the J-10 and I wouldn't want the J-10!
If it was me I'd rather pay more and purchase fewer Aircrafts!

How many fighters has Russia lost? And against who? and how? And how useful was Ukrainian Air Force against a technology superior adversary? If Ukraine had equipped it's self with a large fleet of jet powered UCAV's could they have been more useful? The whole world is taking notes!

I found information that Iran has more than 20 $ bilions in China, and that is only amount China has to pay for imported oil... And when it comes to Russian weapons, if Pictures from Ukraine are really from Russian destroyed weapons...than it would makes sense few countries buy it. I saw picture from Russian newest IFVs with Bosch Electronics.. And bunch other imported parts, but that is nothing compared to see newst Cruise missiles with Electronics from 1977...

China is not allowed to sell Iran flankers. 99% of their flanker engine are Russian. The Chinese tried making their own variants with Chinese engines but their engines ended up being extremely under powered. The Chinese themselves called the J-15 the flopping fish.

A few years ago the Chinese began producing their own flankers without respecting the license agreement. Russia took them to international court and threatened to cease selling them parts and supporting their existing Russian weapons systems.

Eventually the Russians and Chinese came to an agreement. China will not export flanker variants and Russia will keep supplying them with engines.

So the only jets that Iran can purchase from China are the JF-17 and the J-10. However Iran has outright rejected the JF-17. The issue is that Iran wants to trade oil for Chinese fighter jets. The Chinese are willing to trade oil for the JF-17 but for the J-10s they want cash / gold outright. However this was news from over a year ago. Now with the soaring energy prices, who knows. I guess only time will tell.

I hope it brings about something for the IRIAF in some way.

To be honest with you guys the whole idea of IRIAF getting Sukhois has become nothing more than an urban legend to me now lol.

Plus the global optics of Iran purchasing mass armaments from Russia at this time (in light of the latter's geopolitical situation) may also be a factor for this delay and constant withering.

I read somewhere here before that IRIAF pilots went to China and examined the J-10C and apparently were not impressed which is fine. *But* we shouldn't discount China as a supplier outright because China also produces the Shenyang J-11 which is a SU-27 reverse engineered and which eventually gave rise to the Shenyang J-16. The J-16 is a twin-seat multi-role strike fighter that boasts an AESA radar and is powered by WS-10A turbofan engines. Given that it is based almost entirely on the SU-27 chassis, perhaps it would be suitable for Iran's defence needs, esp that it is a multirole strike fighter + Iran has technical experience in dealing with Russian based frames and engineering. Finally, given that it is not entirely a Chinese design and has been around for some time, perhaps China will be more willing to allow for ToT.

Just my two cents

Really bad article. Though I do agree Chinese flanker copies are definitely better than most of the SU-30 variants, with the exceptions off the SU-30SM and SU-30SM2

read my previous article above. China cannot export flanker variants as per an agreement with Russia.

What you have to keep in mind is that Russia is not fighting Ukraine but rather NATO in Ukraine. BIG DIFFERENCE

Anyways I'm sure the Russians will remedy this issue just like they remedied the issue with their tank losses. Most of their tank losses were in the first few weeks of the conflict. They adapted quickly.

Yes 9 SU-34s is a devastating loss but Russia has 1000 fighter jets in active service. This won't stop the Russians.

Just as a note, according to Oryx, which btw he's not a definitive source and if you read his website/blog, he's pretty biased, refusing to document Bayraktar losses for example. But anyways, according to his site, Russia has lost 571 tanks, however, read in between the lines, 293 Russian tanks destroyed, 14 damaged, 49 abandoned, 215 captured.

Now this raises some questions, so 293 destroyed, okay, 14 damaged, does that mean they were abandoned as well or just documented as damaged ? 49 abandoned, 215 captured. So if 49 were abandoned doesn't that mean that they were captured as well ?

Okay so let's do some guesstimating. Let's say that 215 were captured, out of the 49 abandoned, let's say 20 were retrievable. That would mean 235 captured by Ukraine.

Now the T-72 is superior to any tank the Ukrainians themselves operate and the Ukrainians have been begging former Soviet block, NATO states for T-72s. So obviously the Ukrainians would operate the 235 odd T-72s if captured, or in some cases repair them for use.

Now there have been several reports that the Russians have destroyed several Ukrainian tank repair facilities and that they have been targeting Ukrainian fuel depots, which would naturally lead to fuel/lubricant shortages.

Which naturally makes one wonder, how many T-72s that the Ukrainians were attempting to repair have been destroyed ?

Also if a Ukrainian operated T-72 gets destroyed on the field, will the Ukrainians document it as a Ukrainian loss or a Russian loss ? Let's say for example 100 Ukrainian operated T-72s are destroyed, you have to wonder how many are being documented as Russian losses rather than Ukrainian losses ?

Also yesterday Immortal posted a video of a Ukrainian ATGM ambush team destroying 4 Russian tanks and 1 armored vehicle in a row, one after another without any response from the tanks. No counter measures, no attempts to flee, no suppressive fire.

Now we know that the Russians have been targeting Ukrainian fuel supplies and fuel convoys. I'm just guessing but could it be possible that the Ukrainian ran out of fuel and decided to destroy their abandoned Russian T-72s for propaganda purposes ? I mean might as well get something out of it right ?

Currently I can't even find Ukrainian losses documented on the Oryx website anymore. Again just scroll through the Oryx website, read the titles of his articles. He's not impartial in the least, but most western MSM treat him as an official source.

Anyways just some food for thought. The fog of war is REAL and as the famous quote says "the first casualty of war is the truth"

J-10s cost around $35-$60 million a piece depending on configuration.

You mentioned that Iran has $20 billion dollars in China for oil sales

$20 billion / 35 million = 571 units of J-10s

$20 billion / 60 million = 333 units of J-10s

Now course I'm assuming that Iran would want to the best J-10 variant with all the bells and whistles, but not 300 units. Something like 70-100 units would be more realistic.

Right now because of the oil boom, Iran's economy is surging. According to the IMF it was expected to grow by 2%-3% this year but that estimate is sure to grow.

Just as an example, Venezuela's economy, because of oil prices is expected to grow by 20% this year, that's right, 20%.

Btw the price of natural gas just shot up another 20% because Poland has refused to pay for Russian gas in Rubles. As a result, Russia has cut off natural gas supplies to Poland. If they like they can pay 4 times more for American LNG although it still won't fullfill their supply needs.

Keep in mind, Russia is not asking hostile nations to pay in Rubles, but rather than they pay in Euro/USD which will then be deposited to a Russian account, which will then be transferred to Rubles, at which point the transaction will be considered complete.

More important than the currency is the Russian requirement that hostile nations who want to buy Russian energy must open bank accounts in Russia. Why ? Because recently the west froze hundreds of billions of dollars worth of Russian assets / gold / foreign currency reserves in western banks.

Most of those assets were from the proceeds of Russian energy (Natural gas / oil / coal, etc) payments. Therefore that essentially means that the Europeans have received natural gas, Russian energy for free for the last few years.

As Putin said in a speech recently in a dead serious tone, "We are not a charity and we are not giving anyone anything for free"

It's time for Europe to pay up or go back to the stone ages. Already German government officials have asked people to not shower everyday and avoid hot showers. Also they have asked for people to eat Lentils instead of meat and ride bicycles / transit instead of cars. LOL

I found information that Iran has more than 20 $ bilions in China, and that is only amount China has to pay for imported oil... And when it comes to Russian weapons, if Pictures from Ukraine are really from Russian destroyed weapons...than it would makes sense few countries buy it. I saw picture from Russian newest IFVs with Bosch Electronics.. And bunch other imported parts, but that is nothing compared to see newst Cruise missiles with Electronics from 1977...

China is not allowed to sell Iran flankers. 99% of their flanker engine are Russian. The Chinese tried making their own variants with Chinese engines but their engines ended up being extremely under powered. The Chinese themselves called the J-15 the flopping fish.

A few years ago the Chinese began producing their own flankers without respecting the license agreement. Russia took them to international court and threatened to cease selling them parts and supporting their existing Russian weapons systems.

Eventually the Russians and Chinese came to an agreement. China will not export flanker variants and Russia will keep supplying them with engines.

So the only jets that Iran can purchase from China are the JF-17 and the J-10. However Iran has outright rejected the JF-17. The issue is that Iran wants to trade oil for Chinese fighter jets. The Chinese are willing to trade oil for the JF-17 but for the J-10s they want cash / gold outright. However this was news from over a year ago. Now with the soaring energy prices, who knows. I guess only time will tell.

read my previous article above. China cannot export flanker variants as per an agreement with Russia.
But Sir China is now producing and equipping the J-16 with its own domestically produced WS-10A engine; this bypasses the agreement made with Russia as that only pertained to the AL-31F engine that Russia was supplying to China

But Sir China is now producing and equipping the J-16 with its own domestically produced WS-10A engine; this bypasses the agreement made with Russia as that only pertained to the AL-31F engine that Russia was supplying to China

Correct. The other user is wrong. China can export any fighter as long as it doesn’t use Russian engines.

I still think J-31 makes more sense if we consider a 20 year shelf life for fighter jets. Ideally J-20, but I doubt China would give its superiority fighter to Iran.

I’m not sure what China is willing to offer. These speculations pop up every year and nothing happens. Almost 2 years since embargo was dropped, no major arms deal.

Correct. The other user is wrong. China can export any fighter as long as it doesn’t use Russian engines.

I still think J-31 makes more sense if we consider a 20 year shelf life for fighter jets. Ideally J-20, but I doubt China would give its superiority fighter to Iran.

I’m not sure what China is willing to offer. These speculations pop up every year and nothing happens. Almost 2 years since embargo was dropped, no major arms deal.
The J-20 is has an imposed export prohibition by the Chinese Government due to the sensitivity of materials and technology used. Akin to the US export prohibition on the F-22.

The Chinese have however promoted the 'lower-end' (so to speak) FC-31 fighter jet for export

The J-20 is has an imposed export prohibition by the Chinese Government due to the sensitivity of materials and technology used. Akin to the US export prohibition on the F-22.

The Chinese have however promoted the 'lower-end' (so to speak) FC-31 fighter jet for export

I think Iran could learn a lot more from J-31 than J-16. Not to mention you need a plane that can be semi competitive against F-35’s when they proliferate thru the region. Only matter of time before Israel gets more and the Arabs get their hands on some. Possibly the Turks as well if they reconcile with the US.

J-16 might be a great fighter, but end of the day it’s still a 4++ Gen.

But like I said, who knows if China is even offering us toy planes let alone any fighter jets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom