What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Doesnt Mapna already produce Ti-alloy blades? Sure, the cooling of the blades for a military turbofan is different, but should not be such a problem.

MAPNA is building under license gas turbines.

Unless you know how to manufacture the blades of an AL-21 or an RD-33 as well as the timing software then you will spend years trying to master it.

There is a reason there is very few countries in the world that build reliable military jet engines—not for lacking of trying. Even the ones that build use Western incorporated parts thus they are not 100% domestic.

Doesnt Mapna already produce Ti-alloy blades? Sure, the cooling of the blades for a military turbofan is different, but should not be such a problem.

I meant in fighter jet fuselage.

Will never be a threat to F-16, F-18, F-35, F-22

Good luck for Karrar to try to intercept those fighters and stay in range for the AIM-9 to get a lock.

Better luck using it against Transport aircraft, AWACS, Big recon drones, B-52’s.

You do not have the vision. You think that if something can not exist immediately then it means it will never exist in the future as well.

We start with AIM-9/R-73 + today, we will end up on PL-12 armed Shahed Saegheh/Karrar in a few years. I seriously do not see IRIAF or IRGC-AF getting any foreign fighters from Russia or China. Low RCS A2A armed UCAV will supplement IRIAF packages of F-14AM, F-4E, Mig-29, Kowsars.

You do not have the vision. You think that if something can not exist immediately then it means it will never exist in the future as well.

We start with AIM-9/R-73 + today, we will end up on PL-12 armed Shahed Saegheh/Karrar in a few years. I seriously do not see IRIAF or IRGC-AF getting any foreign fighters from Russia or China. Low RCS A2A armed UCAV will supplement IRIAF packages of F-14AM, F-4E, Mig-29, Kowsars.

Completely irrelevant claim.

Slapping an A2A missile on a Mohajer vs a future Low RCS unmanned fighter like China’s Dark Sword are two unrelated projects. The later requiring significant expertise in radar development, aircraft development, and engine development. All areas Iran has neglected the past 3 decades.

As for my claim, it stands true. This A2A missile on a drone is not true capability or a threat to any modern fighter. A token prokect.

14010129000475637858835312504000_56378_PhotoT.JPG
14010129000475637858835450630467_71454_PhotoT.JPG
14010129000475637858835437974381_79602_PhotoT.JPG

1401012716252726325143514.jpg
1401012716252876325143514.jpg
1401012716252526325143514.jpg

Completely irrelevant claim.

Slapping an A2A missile on a Mohajer vs a future Low RCS unmanned fighter like China’s Dark Sword are two unrelated projects. The later requiring significant expertise in radar development, aircraft development, and engine development. All areas Iran has neglected the past 3 decades.

As for my claim, it stands true. This A2A missile on a drone is not true capability or a threat to any modern fighter. A token prokect.
Useful for drone on drone action though.

Useful for drone on drone action though.

I think it has utility against transport aircraft, helicopters, BIG drones with an easy lock (drones are hard to lock on remember Israel missing multiple times?), AWACS, etc.

So imagine a situation where a Karrar is launched to head to an area where a military transport or recon plane is heading. It would likely he able to score an easy kill due to size of target and Karrar speed.

It can then use itself as a suicide drone and slam into one more target.

I think it has utility against transport aircraft, helicopters, BIG drones with an easy lock (drones are hard to lock on remember Israel missing multiple times?), AWACS, etc.

So imagine a situation where a Karrar is launched to head to an area where a military transport or recon plane is heading. It would likely he able to score an easy kill due to size of target and Karrar speed.

It can then use itself as a suicide drone and slam into one more target.
That would be ideal. Incidentally, the capacity for a Karrar to lock onto a MH6 size class drone I think is very important. Their needs to be a capability to engage these UAVs without risking manned expensive assets were it is too far or too difficult for ground base AD to track it.

Notably, their was footage from a while back of a TB2 monitoring Kherson airport occupied by Russia from approx 50km out at low altitude. Very hard to engage this type of threat without a Karrar, either your AD has to be long range enough but also accurate enough to track it precisely, or you pull up a jet or a helicopter to come up close but the risk of enemy AD interception is also high.

Karrar seems to balance this risk/reward situation well. It's the only way I can think of to have a good way of dealing with it.

That would be ideal. Incidentally, the capacity for a Karrar to lock onto a MH6 size class drone I think is very important. Their needs to be a capability to engage these UAVs without risking manned expensive assets were it is too far or too difficult for ground base AD to track it.

Notably, their was footage from a while back of a TB2 monitoring Kherson airport occupied by Russia from approx 50km out at low altitude. Very hard to engage this type of threat without a Karrar, either your AD has to be long range enough but also accurate enough to track it precisely, or you pull up a jet or a helicopter to come up close but the risk of enemy AD interception is also high.

Karrar seems to balance this risk/reward situation well. It's the only way I can think of to have a good way of dealing with it.
impossible to do that at low altitude and TB2 e/O don't have 50km range

It was very blurry but sufficient to see the airport. I saw the video, where Ukraine shelled the airport.
that won't cut it. , they must designate targets and TB2 cant designate anything at 50km . the range is around 20km. if they say they did it at 50km , they are lying it was not TB2 but we have report of USA sharing information with Ukraine on targeting so it probably was USA satellite or other gadget there and they want to hide it

Last edited:
that won't cut it. , they must designate targets and TB2 cant designate anything at 50km . the range is around 20km. if they say they did it at 50km , they are lying it was not TB2 but we have report of USA sharing information with Ukraine on targeting so it probably was USA satellite or other gadget there and they want to hide it
I never said designated. I said monitoring. And they were monitoring the artillery strikes against the base which used unguided munitions.

Iran main air power concentrated on drone or uav.

And combined laser and advanced radar based controller, bring us to zero power.

It is an important Alarm.
Is there any solution?

Iran main air power concentrated on drone or uav.

And combined laser and advanced radar based controller, bring us to zero power.

It is an important Alarm.
Is there any solution?
the question is at which range , the solution is to stay away and increase the range of weapons

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom