What's new

IRGC missile attack on ISIS in Deir ez-Zor Syria

I know quite much about history of use of ballistic missiles. I know that nothing like the accuracy displayed has ever been shown by any country in world history.

The only comparable use was a Toshka against Chechens in early 2000's and they never showed a video documenting it.
If you know an instance tell me.

I put it simply: the displayed accuracy is enough for Israelis and Saudis to know that any point target in their country from Mossad HQ to the palace of the Saudi king can be destroyed. If not with a single Zolfaghar then 4 will statistically destroy it with full confidence.

There was also a successful Tochka launch in Yemen, killing 50 Emirati soldiers and some other nationalities.

:agree:No only the tochka,heres a rather funny one:D,tho I`m not sure you could say it was demonstrating pinpoint accuracy,then again who knows maybe the russians were deliberately targeting that car,maybe it was shakishvellis personal presidential limo....I mean it could be ....right?:omghaha:
1414.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:agree:No only the tochka,heres a rather funny one:D,tho I`m not sure you could say it was demonstrating pinpoint accuracy,then again who knows maybe the russians were deliberately targeting that car,maybe it was shakishvellis personal presidential limo....I mean it could be ....right?:omghaha:
1414.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:lol:Well I'd say it is a very efficient use of a missile at the very least. Even its non-explosive parts have achieved pinpoint accuracy.

this sick russian engineers..
look how powerful and precise this Kalibr cruise missiles are, insane!

the videos of the impacts of the iranian missiles are in such a bad quality, wish they were in the same quality like in this vid.
The videos of Iranian strikes are at night. The russian strikes at night look similar.

BTW, yesterday JDW had an article, sighting Israeli sources, that the missile attack effectively exposed IRI's missile weaknesses, but it has been removed for some reason. I am sure within the next few weeks and months more information will become available, but if what Israeli sources are saying is true, there should be heads rolling in IRI. Let's see if anyone is going to be replaced within IRIGC missile R&D.

Obviously the Iranian strike have rattled Tel Aviv and Salafi Arabia. That is why they so desperately trying disimate lies and fabrications .

They have yet two show those fallen missiles in the Iraqi desert.

Even if 2 out of six hit their targets, that is a 30% success rate. The Russians stated half of the US tomahawks missed their targets.

I have read varying reports from israelites some saying two hit , some saying four hit, some spices even saying 8 missiles were fired .

This clearly shows they do not know.

The fact that Iran did not show all strikes does not mean jack. The russians fired 4 missiles but showed to videos of the impact.

I personally think that IRCG is playing games and they did not fire six missiles but three.

The Israelites are like fish out water over these strikes . The arrogant assholes have no option but to spread false news.

The videos of Iranian strikes are at night. The russian strikes at night look similar.

it was at night yes, but look at the video resolution, its a f....ing mess.
showing a video totally blurred in 2017 is a shame.
Iran doing first strikes since 30 years and they show blurred ipacts.
Now im sitting again heren watching the clips and Im shacking my head how low quality this videos are, unbelievable.
iran has a tradition i think in making videos in low resolutions, dont know if thats a purpose

I mean, look at this one, what the f.... is this?

1ghw8z.jpg

Last edited:
it was at night yes, but look at the video resolution, its a f....ing mess.
showing a video totally blurred in 2017 is a shame.
Iran doing first strikes since 30 years and they show blurred ipacts.
Now im sitting again heren watching the clips and Im shacking my head how low quality this videos are, unbelievable.
iran has a tradition i think in making videos in low resolutions, dont know if thats a purpose

I mean, look at this one, what the f.... is this?

1ghw8z.jpg
Here is a russian strike at night . I do not see much difference other than the powerful glow due to munition or chemical bunker strike.

The Russians stated half of the US tomahawks missed their targets.
1) I doubt the honesty of this one. Usa claims that 58/59 tomahawks hit, the Russian claim only 23 hit
2) Another claim is about what got destroyed: Mattis claimed 20% of SAA got taken out, while the Russians cite a number much lower than that.

So let's start with 1:
The first image is provided CNN. Here can you see that, according to this satelite image, 44 targets have been hit, it is probable that some targets got multiple times, but I cannot be completely sure. It is also possible some might have missed target

170407172009-satellite-imagery-of-bombed-syrian-base-0407-exlarge-169.jpg

The second image is provided by Airbus:
p1700841.jpg

I count 40 probalbe hits, what is 'probable'? Lets assume this is 90%, thus: 36
I count 9 possible hits, now what is possible? I am going to assume this would be like 60-65%, thus: 5-6
So you can assume at the very least 41 Tomahawks hit their intended target, according to this image.
Now what happened with the remaining 17 Tomahawks? It is quite possible that some targets were hit multiple times. It is cerainly possible that some might have missed or never reached targed.
There are also report of civilian casualties, so perhaps some targets missed their mark:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-killed-chemical-weapons-latest-a7671946.html

So now 2:
It is known that the Usa informed Russia hours before the strike would have happened.
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...ahead-of-cruise-missile-strikes-on-syria-base
We can assume the Russian had enough time to move out and that the Russian would have informed Assad as well, thus Assad would probably have been able to evacuate at least some jet fighters before the strike happened, I tend to believe the Russian side more here that only a limited number of jets (possibly jets that were out of commission) would have been destroyed. Now why would the reported 7 soldiers that died not have been evacuated? It is possible that those soldiers were operating the air defences in an attemp to shoot down some of those Tomahawks.

Why would the Russian air defences not have shot down some of the missiles?
Perhaps it is because they were not able to?
https://www.rferl.org/a/weher-was-the-s-300-s-400-missile-defense-systems/28417014.html

What I think is more plausible is that Russia wouldn't have used their systems, because they themselves claim that s-400/s-300 are only used in self-defence. The Russians were not threatened by the missile strike, thus had no reason to use it.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201704071052404137-russia-air-defense-syria/
I think the diplomatic pressure would have been too much on Russia if they would have taken action against the Usa.

Lets forget what IDF and Israel are saying about the Zolfiqar strikes on ISIS in Syria and wait for US govt/military to comment on it or dissaprove it was effective. From the look of things, the strikes were effective and destroyed ISIS infrastructure. But this is no surprise to anyone who understands trends. Iranian military has been working and improving Iran's missiles for a while. Iran does alot of producing and testing of missiles, so only a naive/in denial person will foolishly think thats a "bluff". Iran has had alot of time to plan and prepare for firing ballistic missiles in different scenarios,and thats the truth. I will say this again- If the US knew Iran was that easy to rollover, Iran would already have been rolled over. Only a handful of countries in the world can survive an onslaught from the US military. Israel helps/condones/supports ISIS obviously. why? because ISIS never attacks Israel. ISIS has obviously become an ineffective or/and wayward ground force for its masters. now those same masters have to find another proxy OR focus on something else other than Assad's govt. Robert Ford did an interview with pressTV recently where he said the syrian war is almost done, and Assad will win. Being the US' top ambassador for Syria, he knows Syria very well, so he's likely correct. i love people who say Assad is bad and should go but cant offer a better alternative to him. IF we cannot provide a realistically better alternative to Assad, then Assad by default is the best option.

@500 You are seeing the Kalibr strikes on ISIS that have been recently posted right? so will you keep blabbing "Russia is supporting ISIS"? My guess is you will.

Lets forget what IDF and Israel are saying about the Zolfiqar strikes on ISIS in Syria and wait for US govt/military to comment on it or dissaprove it was effective. From the look of things, the strikes were effective and destroyed ISIS infrastructure. But this is no surprise to anyone who understands trends. Iranian military has been working and improving Iran's missiles for a while. Iran does alot of producing and testing of missiles, so only a naive/in denial person will foolishly think thats a "bluff". Iran has had alot of time to plan and prepare for firing ballistic missiles in different scenarios,and thats the truth. I will say this again- If the US knew Iran was that easy to rollover, Iran would already have been rolled over. Only a handful of countries in the world can survive an onslaught from the US military. Israel helps/condones/supports ISIS obviously. why? because ISIS never attacks Israel. ISIS has obviously become an ineffective or/and wayward ground force for its masters. now those same masters have to find another proxy OR focus on something else other than Assad's govt. Robert Ford did an interview with pressTV recently where he said the syrian war is almost done, and Assad will win. Being the US' top ambassador for Syria, he knows Syria very well, so he's likely correct. i love people who say Assad is bad and should go but cant offer a better alternative to him. IF we cannot provide a realistically better alternative to Assad, then Assad by default is the best option.

@500 You are seeing the Kalibr strikes on ISIS that have been recently posted right? so will you keep blabbing "Russia is supporting ISIS"? My guess is you will.
Assad and Russia did nothing against ISIS until 2017. Once ISIS became weak because of US strikes, SDF and Turkey, Assad and Russia came in and started collecting territories.

As for Kalibr strikes - they are just show for retards. Dont have any military value at all.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom