What's new

Iraqi who threw shoes at Bush to be released next month

Complexity BS, i dont think you understand the simple fact that you fooled the world with the reasons to go into war, which was exposed after you couldn't find a thing from iraq that you claimed. If you can't understand that simple fact, there is no use of a COMPLEX head over the shoulders.

And i m not anti american, i supported your war in Afghanistan, and support it all the way. But CREATING REASONS after taking a wrong decision is the stuipdest thing. If demoracy was your countries biggest ambition i have sited the examples of somalia, north korea and libya, why don't you take actions against them.

And yes saddam was a threat to the world with his BOW AND ARROW.
We fooled the world? By that accusation, you pretty much made the same indictment against the UN. I asked some questions that one of your supporters bailed because he was ignorant of the facts. There were three separate UN/IAEA inspection teams and all were structured to prevent an American to be at the top position. Two Swedes and one Australian and to date, not one of them dispute the reasons for what you characterized US as 'fooled the world'. The US invasion of Iraq was not solely about 'finding' but also about prevention, which utterly failed under the UN/IAEA inspection regimes.

Amazon.com: The Greatest Threat: Iraq, Weapons of Mass Destruction and the Growing Crisis in Global Security (9781891620539): Richard Butler: Books
This is the memoir of a frustrated man. Richard Butler is the former chairman of UNSCOM, the United Nations-appointed arms-inspection team assigned to Iraq in the wake of the Gulf War. Between 1992 and 1997, Butler toiled to prevent Saddam Hussein from manufacturing and stockpiling weapons of mass destruction. UNSCOM experienced some success, but it was essentially a failure thanks to the intransigence and intimidation Butler faced from without (by Saddam's henchmen, such as Iraqi foreign minister Tariq Aziz) and from within (members of Butler's own task force, representing the interests of their own countries, constantly undercut him). And this "constitutes a serious crisis in global security," writes Butler. "While the full nature and scope of [Saddam's] current programs cannot be known precisely because of the absence of inspections and monitoring, it would be foolish in the extreme not to assume that he is: developing long-range missile capabilities; at work again on building nuclear weapons; and adding to the chemical and biological warfare weapons he concealed during the UNSCOM inspection period."
During the sanction and inspection years, members of the UN Security Council of China and Russia actively worked to undermine not just of Butler but of the entire IAEA mission. Illegal oil cutbacks to Saddam Hussein from two UN Security Council members, black market oil pipeline transfers via Syria and the Oil-For-Food corruption scandal tainted the Office of the UN Secretary General itself. People like you managed to fool yourselves that Iraq was not a threat despite glaring evidences.

Either you wanted their oil or bush really did want to kill saddam.. thats all the reason i can assume from ur stupid actions.

So dont give me that moral bull shyte.
So how much oil did we stole from Iraq? Source please...No meaningless rhetorics.

Well there is none, and is your mission removal of all bad dictators from the world, well go ahead, but dont fool the world with an non existnt threat perception to the world. Iraq was crippled and you where banging on those bombs on a crippled nation. And now IRAQ is truely unstable nation even with your presense in it. Own it up and clear it up.

Well that is why i said brother, dont get out of the mess that you generated. There ar two things,
1. you where wrong in invading iraq and is responsible for the deaths of millions of iraqis what ever may be your GOOD INTENTIONS are and where :lol:
2. Now you can't leave iraq just like that, without creating a true democracy where people in iraq can live FREELY with freedom as my dear friends in america originally intended :lol:.

And please understand, my objection is when you try to put blame on Saddam rather than admiting and owning up and clearing your own mistakes.

So don't give evil saddam or other BS and justify your actions, now truely work towards making iraq a safer place for the world.
Why do you think Iraq is such an unstable society? Societal stability can come from only two paths: Force or Consensus. With Force you have a strong man who imposed his will upon the people. With Consensus you have a people who are willing to compromise among each other. So when the US removed the strong man and the people refused to compromise, what does that tell you about the society? The relationship between a government and the people it rule over cannot be understated. Democracy cannot be imposed, only presented as an alternative to what was or what could be. Saddam Hussein favored the Sunnis over the Shias and nowhere was this discrimination more practiced and effectively institutionalized than in the military. The Sunni officer corps abused their Shia subordinates with impunity. This is the alternative to democracy. We are not presenting the idea of democracy to savages just plucked from the jungles or out of the desert. We are presenting democratic ideals and practices to a people who at the very least have the facades of democracy such as the legilative, judicial and executive branches. From the front this is no different than ours. But if the Iraqis refused to compromise as the practices of democracy encourages, it will be because they are comfortable with the alternative that Saddam and his regime practiced upon them for so long. So if you blame US for the current chaos in Iraq, you are effectively demanding that we be as brutal and oppressive as Saddam was. Care to make that demand clear for the world to see?

Finally...Spare US the 'millions of iraqis' deaths. This lie have been debunked even as far back as during the sanction years...

Morbidity and Mortality Among Iraqi Children
Many of the claims of million-plus deaths due to economic sanctions are based on Iraqi Ministry of Health information provided since 1993 on the number of 'excess deaths' recorded in hospitals due to selected causes. Among children under five years of age, all deaths due to respiratory infections, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, and malnutrition are counted as deaths caused by sanctions. Among those over five years of age, all deaths due to cardiac diseases, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, renal diseases, liver diseases, and cancers are counted as caused by sanctions. These data are presented in table 14.

There are serious methodologic problems with these data. First, not all the deaths from these causes are related to sanctions. Indeed, cancer and heart diseases were the most common causes of death among adults prior to the Gulf war. Second, 'diagnostic drift' among physicians in all countries is notoriously common, especially in politically or social charged situations. Diarrhea and respiratory infections were the most common underlying causes of death among young children in Iraq prior to the Gulf war. Some of the increase in the numbers of deaths recorded as being due to these causes may be affected by subtle as well as not so subtle pressures to consider these the immediate cause of death in the current period.
CASI stands for Campaign Against Sanction in Iraq. Hardly a pro-US source.

During the sanction years, the US was Iraq's largest single oil buyer under the infamous Oil-For-Food program. The funds were deposited into an escrow account managed by the UN. Saddam Hussein used that money to build his billions dollars palaces repleted with gold plated toilet fixtures and Italian marble while ordinary Iraqis starved for food and medications. So may be the blame should be on the UN along with on Saddam? These are facts you cannot spin your rhetorics around and to have gullible supporters thanking you for those same meaningless rhetorics.

He should have thrown both his shoes.........if only he had better aim.
He did threw both shoes and his aim was accurate as both shoes flew towards the location of the target. Too bad B43 was too fast for him.

:usflag:

Iraq may have a cradle of civilization in the ancient times but I have witnessed widespread looting by Iraqis (troops as well as civilians) when they briefly occupied Kuwait. I also have witnessed strong support for Saddam Hussein, who I believe was one of most evil man and butcher that ever lived. How do you think Saddam would have reacted if shoes were thrown at him? He would have probably ordered complete elimination of all of the reporter’s family as well as all of his friends.

IMO throwing shoes against anyone is a desperate act of an uncivilized man. It was applauded in Pakistan because most of my countrymen are steeped in a hidden hatred of the US; on the other hand if US were to announce open immigration policy, the same people would be queuing for days on end for a chance to settle there.

Regret to say that human beings are still savages beneath the surface. This applies to nearly all the nations but more so to the third world.

Black Gold Trading was the Main Reason, the Evil USA really Fcuked Iraq ...

We fooled the world? By that accusation, you pretty much made the same indictment against the UN. I asked some questions that one of your supporters bailed because he was ignorant of the facts. There were three separate UN/IAEA inspection teams and all were structured to prevent an American to be at the top position. Two Swedes and one Australian and to date, not one of them dispute the reasons for what you characterized US as 'fooled the world'. The US invasion of Iraq was not solely about 'finding' but also about prevention, which utterly failed under the UN/IAEA inspection regimes.

Amazon.com: The Greatest Threat: Iraq, Weapons of Mass Destruction and the Growing Crisis in Global Security (9781891620539): Richard Butler: Books
During the sanction and inspection years, members of the UN Security Council of China and Russia actively worked to undermine not just of Butler but of the entire IAEA mission. Illegal oil cutbacks to Saddam Hussein from two UN Security Council members, black market oil pipeline transfers via Syria and the Oil-For-Food corruption scandal tainted the Office of the UN Secretary General itself. People like you managed to fool yourselves that Iraq was not a threat despite glaring evidences.

So how much oil did we stole from Iraq? Source please...No meaningless rhetorics.

Why do you think Iraq is such an unstable society? Societal stability can come from only two paths: Force or Consensus. With Force you have a strong man who imposed his will upon the people. With Consensus you have a people who are willing to compromise among each other. So when the US removed the strong man and the people refused to compromise, what does that tell you about the society? The relationship between a government and the people it rule over cannot be understated. Democracy cannot be imposed, only presented as an alternative to what was or what could be. Saddam Hussein favored the Sunnis over the Shias and nowhere was this discrimination more practiced and effectively institutionalized than in the military. The Sunni officer corps abused their Shia subordinates with impunity. This is the alternative to democracy. We are not presenting the idea of democracy to savages just plucked from the jungles or out of the desert. We are presenting democratic ideals and practices to a people who at the very least have the facades of democracy such as the legilative, judicial and executive branches. From the front this is no different than ours. But if the Iraqis refused to compromise as the practices of democracy encourages, it will be because they are comfortable with the alternative that Saddam and his regime practiced upon them for so long. So if you blame US for the current chaos in Iraq, you are effectively demanding that we be as brutal and oppressive as Saddam was. Care to make that demand clear for the world to see?

Finally...Spare US the 'millions of iraqis' deaths. This lie have been debunked even as far back as during the sanction years...

Morbidity and Mortality Among Iraqi Children

CASI stands for Campaign Against Sanction in Iraq. Hardly a pro-US source.

During the sanction years, the US was Iraq's largest single oil buyer under the infamous Oil-For-Food program. The funds were deposited into an escrow account managed by the UN. Saddam Hussein used that money to build his billions dollars palaces repleted with gold plated toilet fixtures and Italian marble while ordinary Iraqis starved for food and medications. So may be the blame should be on the UN along with on Saddam? These are facts you cannot spin your rhetorics around and to have gullible supporters thanking you for those same meaningless rhetorics.

1. Iraq war didnt have UN mandate, so accusing UN for your act of stupidity would be wrong in my opinion.

2. Secondly you say none didnt say that used fooled the world, yes but the us chose to ignore the facts, and present a picture of iraqs WMD which didnt ever exist, you may check the below link for one of the UN's inspectors comments. CNN.com - Iraq war wasn't justified, U.N. weapons experts say - Mar 21, 2004

And i am sure this amounts to fooling the world, your own people in your senate thinks so. Please see the below link too
Senate committee: Bush knew Iraq claims weren't true | McClatchy

3. Iraq an unstable society:- yes you are effectively using your insensitiveness, iraqi people never can live peacefully unless they are under dictatorshipo, whatever is happening in iraq is their own problem. But what have you got to do with their problem, you dont mix things up, only thing that i am pointing it out was, you just throwed a stone into a bee's hive, And if the bees react by stinging people, yes the bee's got a problem and not of the kid who did throw the stone. :lol: And one more thing, what works for you necessarily doesnt mean that it will work else where. The same goes for democracy.

And i am all for democracy and stuff, but i am all out against the way this operation was initiated, and the way this has been handeled. And it is a sad fact that you have given the world one more dangerous place, due to your stupid polices and i criticise you for that.

So no amount of presenting facts about saddams evilness or the iraqi societies inability to grasp democracy, can absolve you from your mistakes in iraq.

And i am not criticising your sanctions against iraqis but yes am critcising you for invading iraq and the resultant chaos that has erupted in that country that has claimed millions.

Last edited:
What seems to be the problem !! The US got rid of an evil despot. Saddam was the target as soon as Iraq invaded Kuwait. The world is much better without Saddam. Iraq has got the opportunity to become a model democracy in the Middle East .

The despots of Iran, Somalia or North Korea need to be taken care of either by the UN or any US led coaliation, if the threat perception greatly increases.

I guess that would mean if Iran makes nuclear missiles and directly threaten Israel or if South Korea is to be attacked by a beligerant North Korea.

What seems to be the problem !! The US got rid of an evil despot. Saddam was the target as soon as Iraq invaded Kuwait. The world is much better without Saddam. Iraq has got the opportunity to become a model democracy in the Middle East .

The despots of Iran, Somalia or North Korea need to be taken care of either by the UN or any US led coaliation, if the threat perception greatly increases.

I guess that would mean if Iran makes nuclear missiles and directly threaten Israel or if South Korea is to be attacked by a beligerant North Korea.

Brother i dont give a damn about saddam. But if you go into a war which can effect the innocent civlians, be it iraq or america, you know all lives are equally valuble, you have to have a concrete reason and backing of the international community. If you attack india and occupy it saying that majority of our citizens are poor, do you think that reason is justifed, even if the intention of america is of a poverty free world.!!!!. This war has not only cost iraqi lives, but also the lives of those unfortunate US soliders who where fighting for nothing.

So people who claim that US did a good thing, should evaluate their throught process, whatever US did, and the reaons it is now giving, however good it is, is not akin to a devloped world. These stuipds commited a mistake, and i would have appreciated if they owned up their mistakes, and truely worked towards making iraq a better place. Instead their justifying their acts by projecting the evils of saddam..!!!

haha they knew Obama need as well so they free him for him for next action soon.Inshallah:sniper:USA

1. Iraq war didnt have UN mandate, so accusing UN for your act of stupidity would be wrong in my opinion.
A mandate from the UN about this mess? You must be joking or delusional. If your priest preaches chastity and fidelity on Sunday but 'play doctor' with teenage girls on Monday are you really going to take his marriage counseling seriously? When France, China and Russia lobbied Saddam Hussein himself, and it is known that Saddam through the Ministry of Oil PERSONALLY approve oil purchase vouchers, for under the table oil deals, there no longer is any moral legitimacy in any UN 'mandate' regarding Iraq. The Oil-For-Food program to date remains the UN's largest relief effort and as such remains the UN's largest financial cash cow for anyone with sufficient connections to milk. Saddam and his cronies received about $2 bils in kickbacks while the Iraqi regime profited nearly $9 bils in black market oil to neighboring countries. All with full knowledge by the Office of the UN SecGen.

The program made so much money, obstensibly for the Iraqi people, that even the UN SecGen himself cannot deny...

A Hard Look at Iraq Sanctions (Page 2)
The Security Council has steadily expanded the oil-for-food program. In 1998 it raised the limits on permitted oil sales, and in 1999 it removed the ceiling altogether. Production has risen to approximately 2.6 million barrels per day, levels approaching those before the Gulf War. Oil revenues during the last six months of 2000 reached nearly $10 billion. This is hardly what one would call an oil embargo. Oil exports are regulated, not prohibited. Funds are still controlled through the UN escrow account, with a nearly 30 percent deduction for war reparations and UN costs, but Baghdad has more than sufficient money to address continuing humanitarian needs. Said Secretary General Kofi Annan in his latest report, "With the improved funding level for the programme, the Government of Iraq is indeed in a position to address the nutritional and health concerns of the Iraqi people."
David Cortright write for The Nation, a hard left news magazine that no one sane would call friendly to Bush or Republicans. But even The Nation found it hard to swallow the lie that Iraq was in dire poverty and that the Iraqi people were dying from the supposedly 'cruel' sanctions imposed. Money was being made hand-over-fist between Saddam Hussein, Russia, China, France and Germany, all powerful and influential members of the UN and the Security Council. Did I made up the fact that the US had nothing to do with this money? No...It said so right there as highlighted -- UN escrow account. So why should we not blame the UN for the suffering of the Iraqi people during the sanction years and of course point out the lack moral legitimacy in any UN 'mandate' regarding Iraq?

2. Secondly you say none didnt say that used fooled the world, yes but the us chose to ignore the facts, and present a picture of iraqs WMD which didnt ever exist, you may check the below link for one of the UN's inspectors comments. CNN.com - Iraq war wasn't justified, U.N. weapons experts say - Mar 21, 2004

And i am sure this amounts to fooling the world, your own people in your senate thinks so. Please see the below link too
Senate committee: Bush knew Iraq claims weren't true | McClatchy
Here is where I differ from you -- research.

These are Hans Blix own briefings to the UN Security Council.

UNMOVIC - [ Selected Security Council Briefings ]
Were the weapons programme parts of the declaration expected to be an updating of the former "full final and complete" declarations? Would programmes claimed to be for non-weapons purposes in the chemistry sector have to comprise items of remote relevance, e.g. the production of plastic slippers?

Clearly, the most important thing was that whatever there existed by way of weapons programmes and proscribed items should be fully declared.

If the Iraqi side were to state - as it still did at our meeting - that there were no such programmes, it would need to provide convincing documentary or other evidence. What was found in FFCDs submitted to UNSCOM in many cases left it an open question whether some weapons remained.
So how many of 'programmes' so far? The initials 'WMD' have been politicized to the point of uselessness and the US Senate is not immune to its effects.

To date, the only way to know if an indigenous nuclear WEAPONS program is successful is to actually detonate a fully functional nuclear warhead. India and Pakistan did with their clandestine nuclear weapons programs. Did Iraq? No. So if the initials 'WMD' is mean to be a fully functional nuclear warhead, then the entire UN/IAEA nuclear inspection regime imposed on Iraq is patently illegal because Iraq never had a test detonation. But then what is Blix doing talking about 'programmes'?

Here is the item that completely shred your argument...

http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/new/documents/quarterly_reports/s-2003-232.pdf
21. During the period from 1 December 2002 to 28 February 2003, inspectors have been provided with high technology, state-of-the-art equipment. This includes some 35,000 tamper-proof tags and seals for tagging equipment, 10 enhanced chemical agent monitors (ECAMS), 10 toxic industrial materials detectors (TIMs), 10 chemical monitors (APCC), nuclear, biological and chemical protection (NBC) suits, respirators, dosimeters with reader, a complete chemical laboratory with requisite laboratory supplies and equipment, ground-penetrating radars, 3 portable gas chromatograph-mass spectrometers, 12 ultrasonic pulse echo detectors to screen the inside of warheads, equipment for sampling warheads (MONIKA), 3 alloy analysers, and biological detection and screening equipment to include PCR, ELISA, immunoassay and rapid screening technologies. Additionally, UNMOVIC has used its network of accredited laboratories to analyse a sample of missile propellant. Cameras and other surveillance systems are currently in Cyprus awaiting shipment to Baghdad.
Note the highlighted -- MONIKA -- for inspecting WARHEADS.

In my personal experience in weapons testing, a 'warhead' is not a mess of components spread out on a table. A warhead is an ASSEMBLY of components where each item is proven to function as tested individually and all components are ready to test as a whole. In weapons testing, even if the explosive charge is removed the assembly is still considered to be a 'warhead'. You do not bring such equipments -- MONIKA -- unless you either are going to inspect nuclear warheads or you fully anticipate on finding a nuclear warhead to test. So if you are going to accuse US of lying to the world about 'WMD' you had better explain to the world right now what was UNMOVIC and Blix doing with equipments that are specifically for nuclear warheads. But if the initials 'WMD' really mean to be only functional warheads and if Iraq actually test detonated one, like India and Pakistan did, then it is useless for any IAEA inspection regime anyway.

The fact that Blix brought equipments that are specifically to be for assembled nuclear warheads means that 'WMD' cannot be so narrowly construed. Blix's own briefings with the many 'programmes' bears this out. The initials 'WMD' includes anything that contribute to the development of nuclear weapons. That is why nuclear states like Japan and Germany are subject to the IAEA's authority. Neither country is a nuclear weapons state. What people like you failed to understand is that while the inspection teams for Iraq may have come from the IAEA and uses the parent organization's methodologies, these child organizations have radically different missions as needed. The IAEA inspection regimes are for nuclear states that are voluntary in their obedience to the NPT, child organizations like UNMOVIC and UNSCOM are inherently coercive and hostile towards their targets. Equipments like MONIKA are evidence of that hostility as these items are included upon the ASSUMPTIONS they will be employed.

Once Iraq violated the NPT, every benevolent allowances are discarded and coercive disarmament policies are installed. The fact that functional warheads did not exist is irrelevant. When policies are coercive, the worst of scenarios are brought to the front. The first event that cemented inspectors' beliefs that Saddam Hussein was hiding either an active nuclear weapons program or perhaps even an assembled warhead was in June 1991 when Iraqi trucks ran away from an inspection site while carrying a load of calutrons, which are uranium enrichment devices. Why?

Iraq's calutrons: 1991 - 2001
In July 1991, shortly after the Gulf War, news from Iraq confirmed what I had concluded twelve years earlier: That Iraq had decided to use the calutron electromagnetic isotope separation (EMIS) process to produce highly enriched uranium, i.e., the very same process that was actually used to produce the uranium-235 that was fissioned in the atomic bomb that exploded over Hiroshima in August 1945.

At that time I was still recovering from a cancer treatment, and I had to wait until 1995 to find the energy to write a report on my discovery in 1979 of Iraq's intention to use the calutron technology, and my discomfort with the official thesis, namely that nobody knew before the Gulf War that Iraq had built a gigantic calutron enrichment plant and was very close to assemble its first atomic bomb.

At the least, this report should help professional historians and political analysts to review what happened in Iraq before and during the Gulf War, e.g., in order to better understand the origin and the spectacular growth of the Iraqi nuclear weapon program, independently of the official statements made by the U.N. and the Allies, or by the U.S. and Iraqi governments.
André A. Gsponer is a member of CADU, Campaign Against Depleted Uranium, hardly a pro-US source, and he was convinced that Saddam Hussein was actively pursuing nuclear weapons.

Campaign Against Depleted Uranium - Welcome
CADU - Depleted-uranium munitions and fourth-generation nuclear weapons

Even if Gsponer is finally wrong about Iraq's progress towards having a functional nuclear warhead, that does not diminish the impact of his conviction at that time that Iraq was so very close to success. Hans Blix in your CNN link was talking about one of the two items the IAEA inspection teams looked for in Iraq: fully assembled warheads, if any. From his testimonies to the UN Security Council, it is clear that 'WMD' encompassed more than just fully assembled warheads but the entire nuclear weapons program which include the human agencies such as scientists, engineers and even the non-technical ones such as military and political who support a clandestine weapons program.

Again...Referring back to Blix's testimony to the UN Security Council...
27. In accordance with paragraph 5 of Security Council resolution 1441 (2002), UNMOVIC has the right to conduct, at its sole discretion, interviews with Iraqi officials and other persons with or without the presence of observers from the Iraqi Government, both inside and outside of Iraq. In the review period, UNMOVIC requested 28 individuals to present themselves for interviews in Baghdad (without the presence of observers). At first, none of them agreed. At the meeting on 19-20 January, the Iraqi side committed itself to “encourage” persons to accept interviews “in private”. Immediately prior to the next round of discussions, Iraq informed UNMOVIC that three candidates, who had previously declined to be interviewed under UNMOVIC’s terms, had changed their minds. UNMOVIC is currently examining the practical modalities for conducting interviews outside the territory of Iraq.

Gsponer is one of the thousands, inside and outside Iraq, inside and outside of the IAEA, whose experiences, testimonies and opinions contributed to the belief that Saddam Hussein either had fully assembled nuclear warheads or his nuclear weapons programs were close to achieving them. One of these thousands are Saddam's chief nuclear scientist, Mahdi Obeidi, who gave Iraq a successful centrifuge. That belief was strong enough that Blix carried into Iraq equipments specifically designed to confirm that belief in the event it was true. So how many more people are you going to accuse of fooling the world about 'WMD' in Iraq and why should we take your accusation seriously when you are proven to be grossly wrong about what 'WMD' really mean, which is BOTH an assembled device and all the support programs that created that device and that this proper context is supported by IAEA's own personels?

3. Iraq an unstable society:- yes you are effectively using your insensitiveness, iraqi people never can live peacefully unless they are under dictatorshipo, whatever is happening in iraq is their own problem. But what have you got to do with their problem, you dont mix things up, only thing that i am pointing it out was, you just throwed a stone into a bee's hive, And if the bees react by stinging people, yes the bee's got a problem and not of the kid who did throw the stone. :lol: And one more thing, what works for you necessarily doesnt mean that it will work else where. The same goes for democracy.
What an awful analogy. Clearly a sign of myopic and blindered vision. We do not see suicide bombings in Kurdish market places, do we? Why is it that under US protection and guidance the Kurds in northern Iraq prospered but the southern Iraqis continued to kill themselves daily? Why does democratic principles and practices works for US but not the peoples of the ME? It is conveniently simple for people like you to make this kind of statement -- what works for you necessarily doesnt mean that it will work else where -- without bothering to explain, or even attempt to explain, why does it not work 'else where'. It give the readers nothing more than an impression that you actually put some thoughts into that empty statement.

And i am all for democracy and stuff,
Suuuurrre you are...

but i am all out against the way this operation was initiated, and the way this has been handeled. And it is a sad fact that you have given the world one more dangerous place, due to your stupid polices and i criticise you for that.

So no amount of presenting facts about saddams evilness or the iraqi societies inability to grasp democracy, can absolve you from your mistakes in iraq.

And i am not criticising your sanctions against iraqis but yes am critcising you for invading iraq and the resultant chaos that has erupted in that country that has claimed millions.
Really...??? And how do you proposed it should have been done? When I was in Kuwait, my mouth and nose covered with a literally dripping wet towel to filter out the microscopic oil particles in the air, we came across a dried up body of a partially nude and pregnant woman and everyone can see the outline of the fetus inside her belly. She was shot several times in the chest and no one had any confusion as to what happened to her before she was killed. A military is inevitably a reflection of the society that contributed to its being. There will be virtuous men as well as depraved men and usually most will fall to varying degrees somewhere between those two points. What make the military institution unique is the enforced close proximity among its members. Such closeness inevitably lead to sharing of ideas -- virtuous and depraved.

The Iraqi Army was a depraved institution. Its depravity originated from its top echelons, leaked downward and permeated into the moral fibers of its men. Depraved ideas crowded out the virtuous ones. The Sunni officer corps abused its subordinates, convincing the 'lower class' of this institution that only force and contempt for anyone not the same as oneself are the accepted norms. When these men abandoned the Iraqi Army in the face of the rapidly advancing US Army, they took back to their civilian lives whatever depravity they learned and practiced, inside and outside Iraq, and the results are the chaos that we see today in southern Iraq, but oddly enough not in northern Iraq.

Iraq is dangerous only to ordinary Iraqis, not to the rest of the world. IEDs with 155mm artillery shells are not low-yield battlefield nuclear devices. Focusing on our mistakes in Iraq give you and people like you an intellectual lollipop to suck on. No parents are perfect but to people with common sense it is absurd and irresponsible that adult children should continue to blame their imperfect parents for their own missteps. It is telling of your intellectual dishonesty that you accuse me of 'projecting' Saddam's evilness to justify the invasion but you have no problems at all 'projecting' the Iraqis killing Iraqis as caused by US. We will pay for our mistakes by accepting moral condemnations and make financial restitutions to Iraq. But as long as people like you continue to offer the Iraqi people intellectually shallow quasi-solutions that contains nothing but child-like whinings the Iraqis will continue to suffer as they are today.

A mandate from the UN about this mess? You must be joking or delusional. If your priest preaches chastity and fidelity on Sunday but 'play doctor' with teenage girls on Monday are you really going to take his marriage counseling seriously? When France, China and Russia lobbied Saddam Hussein himself, and it is known that Saddam through the Ministry of Oil PERSONALLY approve oil purchase vouchers, for under the table oil deals, there no longer is any moral legitimacy in any UN 'mandate' regarding Iraq. The Oil-For-Food program to date remains the UN's largest relief effort and as such remains the UN's largest financial cash cow for anyone with sufficient connections to milk. Saddam and his cronies received about $2 bils in kickbacks while the Iraqi regime profited nearly $9 bils in black market oil to neighboring countries. All with full knowledge by the Office of the UN SecGen.

Source please..!!!!!

See what are you??, at one hand you ask all the countries in the world to follow the mandate of UN, on the other hand you call it a usless organisation when it comes to your decisions. I strongly believe your attitude above accounts to hypocracy.

The program made so much money, obstensibly for the Iraqi people, that even the UN SecGen himself cannot deny...

A Hard Look at Iraq Sanctions (Page 2)

David Cortright write for The Nation, a hard left news magazine that no one sane would call friendly to Bush or Republicans. But even The Nation found it hard to swallow the lie that Iraq was in dire poverty and that the Iraqi people were dying from the supposedly 'cruel' sanctions imposed. Money was being made hand-over-fist between Saddam Hussein, Russia, China, France and Germany, all powerful and influential members of the UN and the Security Council. Did I made up the fact that the US had nothing to do with this money? No...It said so right there as highlighted -- UN escrow account. So why should we not blame the UN for the suffering of the Iraqi people during the sanction years and of course point out the lack moral legitimacy in any UN 'mandate' regarding Iraq?

What is your point? Your article says, UN did everyinthing to modify its Sanctions asper the situations at the ground level. And sanction's and war is justifed if the reasons for it are legitamate, here is where me and you differ. The reason to pound iraq was on flawed inteligence, and i am simply aruging against it.

Here is where I differ from you -- research.

These are Hans Blix own briefings to the UN Security Council.

UNMOVIC - [ Selected Security Council Briefings ]
So how many of 'programmes' so far? The initials 'WMD' have been politicized to the point of uselessness and the US Senate is not immune to its effects.

To date, the only way to know if an indigenous nuclear WEAPONS program is successful is to actually detonate a fully functional nuclear warhead. India and Pakistan did with their clandestine nuclear weapons programs. Did Iraq? No. So if the initials 'WMD' is mean to be a fully functional nuclear warhead, then the entire UN/IAEA nuclear inspection regime imposed on Iraq is patently illegal because Iraq never had a test detonation. But then what is Blix doing talking about 'programmes'?

Here is the item that completely shred your argument...

http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/new/documents/quarterly_reports/s-2003-232.pdf
Note the highlighted -- MONIKA -- for inspecting WARHEADS.

In my personal experience in weapons testing, a 'warhead' is not a mess of components spread out on a table. A warhead is an ASSEMBLY of components where each item is proven to function as tested individually and all components are ready to test as a whole. In weapons testing, even if the explosive charge is removed the assembly is still considered to be a 'warhead'. You do not bring such equipments -- MONIKA -- unless you either are going to inspect nuclear warheads or you fully anticipate on finding a nuclear warhead to test. So if you are going to accuse US of lying to the world about 'WMD' you had better explain to the world right now what was UNMOVIC and Blix doing with equipments that are specifically for nuclear warheads. But if the initials 'WMD' really mean to be only functional warheads and if Iraq actually test detonated one, like India and Pakistan did, then it is useless for any IAEA inspection regime anyway.

The fact that Blix brought equipments that are specifically to be for assembled nuclear warheads means that 'WMD' cannot be so narrowly construed. Blix's own briefings with the many 'programmes' bears this out. The initials 'WMD' includes anything that contribute to the development of nuclear weapons. That is why nuclear states like Japan and Germany are subject to the IAEA's authority. Neither country is a nuclear weapons state. What people like you failed to understand is that while the inspection teams for Iraq may have come from the IAEA and uses the parent organization's methodologies, these child organizations have radically different missions as needed. The IAEA inspection regimes are for nuclear states that are voluntary in their obedience to the NPT, child organizations like UNMOVIC and UNSCOM are inherently coercive and hostile towards their targets. Equipments like MONIKA are evidence of that hostility as these items are included upon the ASSUMPTIONS they will be employed.

Once Iraq violated the NPT, every benevolent allowances are discarded and coercive disarmament policies are installed. The fact that functional warheads did not exist is irrelevant. When policies are coercive, the worst of scenarios are brought to the front. The first event that cemented inspectors' beliefs that Saddam Hussein was hiding either an active nuclear weapons program or perhaps even an assembled warhead was in June 1991 when Iraqi trucks ran away from an inspection site while carrying a load of calutrons, which are uranium enrichment devices. Why?

Iraq's calutrons: 1991 - 2001
André A. Gsponer is a member of CADU, Campaign Against Depleted Uranium, hardly a pro-US source, and he was convinced that Saddam Hussein was actively pursuing nuclear weapons.

Campaign Against Depleted Uranium - Welcome
CADU - Depleted-uranium munitions and fourth-generation nuclear weapons

Even if Gsponer is finally wrong about Iraq's progress towards having a functional nuclear warhead, that does not diminish the impact of his conviction at that time that Iraq was so very close to success. Hans Blix in your CNN link was talking about one of the two items the IAEA inspection teams looked for in Iraq: fully assembled warheads, if any. From his testimonies to the UN Security Council, it is clear that 'WMD' encompassed more than just fully assembled warheads but the entire nuclear weapons program which include the human agencies such as scientists, engineers and even the non-technical ones such as military and political who support a clandestine weapons program.

Again...Referring back to Blix's testimony to the UN Security Council...

Gsponer is one of the thousands, inside and outside Iraq, inside and outside of the IAEA, whose experiences, testimonies and opinions contributed to the belief that Saddam Hussein either had fully assembled nuclear warheads or his nuclear weapons programs were close to achieving them. One of these thousands are Saddam's chief nuclear scientist, Mahdi Obeidi, who gave Iraq a successful centrifuge. That belief was strong enough that Blix carried into Iraq equipments specifically designed to confirm that belief in the event it was true. So how many more people are you going to accuse of fooling the world about 'WMD' in Iraq and why should we take your accusation seriously when you are proven to be grossly wrong about what 'WMD' really mean, which is BOTH an assembled device and all the support programs that created that device and that this proper context is supported by IAEA's own personels?

What an awful analogy. Clearly a sign of myopic and blindered vision. We do not see suicide bombings in Kurdish market places, do we? Why is it that under US protection and guidance the Kurds in northern Iraq prospered but the southern Iraqis continued to kill themselves daily? Why does democratic principles and practices works for US but not the peoples of the ME? It is conveniently simple for people like you to make this kind of statement -- what works for you necessarily doesnt mean that it will work else where -- without bothering to explain, or even attempt to explain, why does it not work 'else where'. It give the readers nothing more than an impression that you actually put some thoughts into that empty statement.

Suuuurrre you are...

Really...??? And how do you proposed it should have been done? When I was in Kuwait, my mouth and nose covered with a literally dripping wet towel to filter out the microscopic oil particles in the air, we came across a dried up body of a partially nude and pregnant woman and everyone can see the outline of the fetus inside her belly. She was shot several times in the chest and no one had any confusion as to what happened to her before she was killed. A military is inevitably a reflection of the society that contributed to its being. There will be virtuous men as well as depraved men and usually most will fall to varying degrees somewhere between those two points. What make the military institution unique is the enforced close proximity among its members. Such closeness inevitably lead to sharing of ideas -- virtuous and depraved.

The Iraqi Army was a depraved institution. Its depravity originated from its top echelons, leaked downward and permeated into the moral fibers of its men. Depraved ideas crowded out the virtuous ones. The Sunni officer corps abused its subordinates, convincing the 'lower class' of this institution that only force and contempt for anyone not the same as oneself are the accepted norms. When these men abandoned the Iraqi Army in the face of the rapidly advancing US Army, they took back to their civilian lives whatever depravity they learned and practiced, inside and outside Iraq, and the results are the chaos that we see today in southern Iraq, but oddly enough not in northern Iraq.

Iraq is dangerous only to ordinary Iraqis, not to the rest of the world. IEDs with 155mm artillery shells are not low-yield battlefield nuclear devices. Focusing on our mistakes in Iraq give you and people like you an intellectual lollipop to suck on. No parents are perfect but to people with common sense it is absurd and irresponsible that adult children should continue to blame their imperfect parents for their own missteps. It is telling of your intellectual dishonesty that you accuse me of 'projecting' Saddam's evilness to justify the invasion but you have no problems at all 'projecting' the Iraqis killing Iraqis as caused by US. We will pay for our mistakes by accepting moral condemnations and make financial restitutions to Iraq. But as long as people like you continue to offer the Iraqi people intellectually shallow quasi-solutions that contains nothing but child-like whinings the Iraqis will continue to suffer as they are today.

And here you are rambling over and over... you are saying iraq is a dangerous place for iraqis and not rest of the world. I would say you are the dumbest person in the whole world. You have created a country which is going to be unstable and feeding grounds for TERRORISTS, And you are not EVEN ACKNOWLDING THAT. how the **** are you going to help iraq, you are talking of getting out of iraq. Dont give me your moral ****. Coz we have seen the abu garib prison scandel, YOU DID NOTHING DIFFERENT FROM SADDAM. And still you got the guts to speak of MORAL VALUES and can give us JUSTIFICATIONS for your actions.

And please understand, i got only two points,

1. The reasons to go to a war against a nation should be based on concrete evidence and not mere ASSUMPTIONS or threat perceptions coz millions of lives are at stake, you went in there coz you do not a give shite about an inncoent life,
2. A nation should assume its responsibility for any siutation for which it is responsible for, and make sure that they stay there and clear the mess that they created, but again you can see the americans talking about getting out of that country.

Your rehtoric is informative, but not relevant or addressing the point i raised. Accepting ones mistakes is the trait of a great nation, and wot i see is that, you rambling for pages and pages talking about all the stuff in the world, but convinently forgeting the flawed polices based upon which this war was orchestrated. But to feel guilt one should have moral values, and i doubt whether all people have it.

Last edited:
Iraq Body Count Is most reliable source.It started counting after freedom came in from USA.So far USA, American People and democracy freedom is responsible for 93,022 – 101,519 deaths.
Iraq Body Count

although the paper that i posted is authored from kings college london and other universities of UK but shows the data from the iraq body count, as well, published in New england Journal of medicine titled "the weapons that kill civilians-death of children and noncombatants in iraq, 2003-2008" in 2009 and they have divided it into civilians (men, women and children) killed and which method was used (toture, small arm gunfire , bombs etc) from march 2003- march 2008. there is very interesting table on page 1586 (an eye opener).

regards

sincerely

Back
Top Bottom