What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

LOL! Jews giving stuff for free... I would never believe it. Stupid Russians :cheesy:
Haha, well American taxpayers will pay for it no doubt.
Well at least you got a couple of YAKs out of it..

From what I've heard, Ivchenko progress got bombed so you'll never get spare engines for them but still
For now I think.

That got bombed closer to the start of the war I believe, but Russian's don't need them for spares.

That got bombed closer to the start of the war I believe, but Russian's don't need them for spares.
You might be right

I said this a million times before, you already know my opinion on this but Iran should be buying engines from Russia instead.

Get some RD-33s from Russia and make your own Tigershark.

You might be right

I said this a million times before, you already know my opinion on this but Iran should be buying engines from Russia instead.

They want TOT for the engines but Russia won’t sell it. Even China couldn’t acquire the knowledge I don’t think.

Those Su-35s were always on thin-ice as far as I’m concerned.

LOL! Jews giving stuff for free... I would never believe it. Stupid Russians :cheesy:

Well at least you got a couple of YAKs out of it..

From what I've heard, Ivchenko progress got bombed so you'll never get spare engines for them but still
perhaps he doesn't know or doesn't remember that since 2015 the Yak-130 has been using the completely Russian version Salyut AI-222-25 turbofan, and are currently testing an improved version.
https://www.aex.ru/news/2023/3/9/254559/

Either buy them, or get Tech transfer and major assistance (unlikely).

The Russians have not treated us well in the past, and despite this we helped them militarily when the whole western world went against them. I suppose it took them a while to get their head out of the sand and understand the western countries have plans for Russia and they are not good plans, and the Israels will never be neutral. If they had to choose they will always choose USA over Russia.

Took them 2 decades to realize that. Took them the Ukraine war to understand that. But here we are now, and Russians have been very good to us since this war started. They never even condemned Hamas for their attack on Oct. 7th which was crazy and unexpected to me. Cooperation is expanding, ideally I'd like to see most of the focus on some sort of joint-aircraft program.

We once had a Joint-fighter program under development in the early 2000s, if not sabotaged by Israel and the USA who provided incentives to Russia to betray Iran, we'd already would've had a great trainer aircraft by the early 2000s. Instead only a few years ago we unveiled an indigenous trainer. What a shame about the time wasted...

1699222495337.png

The Russians have not treated us well in the past, and despite this we helped them militarily when the whole western world went against them. I suppose it took them a while to get their head out of the sand and understand the western countries have plans for Russia and they are not good plans, and the Israels will never be neutral. If they had to choose they will always choose USA over Russia.

Took them 2 decades to realize that. Took them the Ukraine war to understand that. But here we are now, and Russians have been very good to us since this war started. They never even condemned Hamas for their attack on Oct. 7th which was crazy and unexpected to me. Cooperation is expanding, ideally I'd like to see most of the focus on some sort of joint-aircraft program.

We once had a Joint-fighter program under development in the early 2000s, if not sabotaged by Israel and the USA who provided incentives to Russia to betray Iran, we'd already would've had a great trainer aircraft by the early 2000s. Instead only a few years ago we unveiled an indigenous trainer. What a shame about the time wasted...

View attachment 968869
Russians must have changed their stance on Iran.

IRI tends to stick by its word and Iranian assistance with drone production as well as supplying arms must have helped break whatever spell they were under by now (hopefully).

If the Russian Federation screws Iran over again, then it’s anyone’s guess what will happen after that.

Last edited:
Russians must have changed their stance on Iran by now.

IRI tends to stick by its word and Iranian assistance with drone production as well as supplying arms must have helped break whatever spell they were under by now (hopefully).

If the Russian Federation screws Iran over again, then it’s anyone’s guess what will happen after that.
They have changed their stance for sure. That's old history now, I expect some pretty interesting projects to come out of joint Russia-Iran partnership.

I think some cool things will come up in the field of helicopters, jets, radars, and AD.

They have changed their stance for sure. That's old history now, I expect some pretty interesting projects to come out of joint Russia-Iran partnership.

I think some cool things will come up in the field of helicopters, jets, radars, and AD.
Good comments, and @Blue In Green also gave great comments here, i agree with both of your views.

I'll just say that at this time, Russia and Iran each have multiple good reasons/motivates to develop relations with each other further and all out. Iran was going to still work with Russia despite Russia being hesitant, and even selfish, because expanding influence and developing relations with a strategic country like Russia was very attractive to the Iranian govt- there is nothing to lose and a lot to gain,the western sanctions on Russia wre so heavy, it automatically moved some of Russia's national and consumer demands onto Iran to fulfill them. Russia is also under the most serious sanctions its had on it in modern times, so it will have to work with another heavily sanctioned country like Iran to survive and grow economically, politically militarily and diplomatically and in general.

If the jets don’t come through then I would like to see hundreds of new Helicopters of different types be injected into the air-arms of Iranian military forces.

More advanced Radars and AD is always a good thing. Iran has some gaps in its IADS that need patching up.

perhaps he doesn't know or doesn't remember that since 2015 the Yak-130 has been using the completely Russian version Salyut AI-222-25 turbofan, and are currently testing an improved version.
https://www.aex.ru/news/2023/3/9/254559/
I didn't know

View attachment 968869
Forget about ToT, just get the engines and mass produce a fighter jet. Making single digit numbers of kowsars isn't a viable option and 70ies fleet can't keep flying forever.

You could use the owj engines for an UAV project, perhaps something like Kızılelma

because
we must decide to be Sweden or Canada ?
we must decide to be France or Germany ?

I simply prefer the knife that I can build myself better than a gun that I must buy from and rely on somebody who time and time showed that rather support my adversaries than me.
From a patriotic point of view, you are right and we have to rely on ourselves But we must be pragmatic and equip our air force immediately. Also, according to general khajefard, the project of building 4th generation fighters is underway in Iran.

From a patriotic point of view, you are right and we have to rely on ourselves But we must be pragmatic and equip our air force immediately. Also, according to general khajefard, the project of building 4th generation fighters is underway in Iran.
Having seen what our enemies do in Gaza there is no doubt that in any conflict with Iran they will nuke Iran to submission...

So:

1- Build the bomb (if not already) and let Iranian people and the enemy know we that have it..implicitly and without outright admission (removal of Fatwa will be a good indication).

2- Build your ICBMs and make it very public

3- Build your nuclear triad....Israel will one day out of blue nuke Iran. They no longer follow any civilized norms...Airforce fighter and bombers are one leg of this triad hence we need lots of $$$ to go to this leg.

4- Build subs ..big ones...subs that can carry and launch nuclear capable everything..

After Gaza..."Conventional" is out the door it is the age of barbarians and we need bigger guns but not imported guns.!!:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom