What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

I figured an article like this would show up sooner or later.

Not even worth commenting cause of the obvious conjecture in the article. Would need to see real evidence before being convinced. We have not even seen any evidence of UAVs operating there and they've already said theirs "malfunctions".

If the Russians had months to test and train with it, would they have no seen the drawbacks, that is now allegedly surprising to them?
The narrative went from "Iran is going to send 100s of drones to Russia, this is a game changer" to "Iran didn't send any because the US warned them not to" to "Iran sent drones but they don't work anyways." All based on "unnamed officials" without any evidence.
It's just standard fascist rhetoric: "Our enemies are a threat to our way of life but at the same time they are weak and inferior and fear us!"
Just like the Oryx one from last year......:coffee:
After Bellingcat, not sure why people still take "OSINT" seriously. Oryx is almost certainly directly linked to companies like Bayraktar, no point taking anything he says at face value.

The narrative went from "Iran is going to send 100s of drones to Russia, this is a game changer" to "Iran didn't send any because the US warned them not to" to "Iran sent drones but they don't work anyways." It's just standard fascist rhetoric: "Our enemies are a threat to our way of life but at the same time they are weak and inferior and fear us!"
This could also be a campaign to wage a image war on Iranian UAVs, especially if their is actually no transfer. They get to say, look Iran sent drones to Russia, they suck and they sent them back. Meanwhile, their would be no evidence of it showing up in the theater at all. Essentially they can easily create an entirely fabricated story.

The new york times has posted a similar article to the one in the washington post,even referencing it,tho they cant quite seem to decide which line to go with,as on the one hand they`re referencing the washington post with its claims of malfunctions,yet in the same article they`re also referencing the fact that "Iran is a pioneer in drone technology, with at least four decades of design and manufacturing experience".
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/29/world/europe/iran-military-drones.html

The new york times has posted a similar article to the one in the washington post,even referencing it,tho they cant quite seem to decide which line to go with,as on the one hand they`re referencing the washington post with its claims of malfunctions,yet in the same article they`re also referencing the fact that "Iran is a pioneer in drone technology, with at least four decades of design and manufacturing experience".
That shit is not worth papper it is written on, should I remind you on WP article claiming Russia Will Use satellite first in Ukraine, and Source of that is well known for anti Russia propaganda, He literary take shot of tekst typed in notepad doc. and posted it as Picture on Twitter..as report..? It is joke

I'm pretty sure other news website just took the Washington post article and just used that as reference, they don't really know anything more.

They don't work, but they are also looking to acquire up to a few hundred. Okay then.

That shit is not worth papper it is written on, should I remind you on WP article claiming Russia Will Use satellite first in Ukraine, and Source of that is well known for anti Russia propaganda, He literary take shot of tekst typed in notepad doc. and posted it as Picture on Twitter..as report..? It is joke
Their are many unfortunate "authors" that are really just go-to-people for the US state department to publicize narratives they want public. In this case, they are summoning them again to create a narrative. I think this is largely part of Psy ops.

If you want an example of this, this same author also published this and said it was confirmed by a Senior US source.
Of course no IL-76's were shot down in the first few days of the war.

Anything that comes from this person, instead of anyone credible, should be taken with very little seriousness. Unfortunately the Washington Post of full of these types of individuals.

Also, regarding that satellite, they are insisting now that Iran is in control of the satellite but is using it to monitor Ukrainian troop movement's. It's really getting out of hand lol

Last edited:
media%2FFbA9kzTXoAAJvPB.jpg

media%2FFbA9kfwXgAANPlS.jpg

At this point in history,

It is pretty much inexcusable not to have real-time surveillance over the entire battlefront especially if it is a small front like 100km or 200km.

Russian front is exceptionally long, which is understandable, but in most cases more border conflicts do not exceed more than 100km, every inch should be under constant surveillance.

I think this rumor about 100s of Iranian drones not working for Russia is US media propaganda to hurt Iran's weapons sales, US did same crap with Iranian pistachios- spread false rumors, because they were competing better against California Pistachios.

If Iranian drones didnt work, why was US and NATo scared of them before any "transfer" occurred?

NATO has told SO MANY lies in this Ukraine war, especially about Russia running out of ammo- another big lie.

NATO has lied so much in this war, to help a losing Ukraine.

I hate how the Ababil UAS looks. So shody and poorly built by the Artesh. No regard for quality.

Then observe the build quality of Shahed-136.
different mission those ababil 2 varriant are designed for suicide missions , if you want compare built quality you must compare it by Mohajer-6 from defence ministry or Kaman-12 from army
or if you want compare it to another uav with same mission let do it with Abail-3
AB3_Kish%2BAirshow%2B2014%2B(1).jpg

bmc

by the way ababil-3 can retract its wheel while shahed-123 cant
you must compare ababil-2 with Shahed-136 or meeraj-504

spread false rumors, because they were competing better against California Pistachios.
that was not false rumor , they hardened standards and at the time Iranian farmers caught with their pants down because they were packaging pistachios the exact same way that great great , great , great , great grandfathers did and they didn't advanced with standards. exactly like what happened to export of vegetables like tomato and such to Russia 1-2 years ago

the answer is simple sadid-1 which was supposed to be the main weapon of shahed-129 was not ready till 2017 and qaem its other weapon was not designed to target moving vehicle

I mean, the Shahed-129 just came out in 2014, and the industry was still maturing at the time. I think by the time we saw a couple of strikes was back in 2016, and only a few.

If it wasn't for Israel, I think the deployment of alot more firepower was possible, but if these systems were transfered in quantities and hanging out in an airbase, be sure the Israeli's would have struck the base. That is probably the main reason nothing besides munitions and personal was able to be sent to Syria, only a small footprint with a few UAVs was possible. I kinda expect this guy to know this already.
makes sense. i didn't know any of these...

The narrative went from "Iran is going to send 100s of drones to Russia, this is a game changer" to "Iran didn't send any because the US warned them not to" to "Iran sent drones but they don't work anyways." All based on "unnamed officials" without any evidence.
It's just standard fascist rhetoric: "Our enemies are a threat to our way of life but at the same time they are weak and inferior and fear us!"

After Bellingcat, not sure why people still take "OSINT" seriously. Oryx is almost certainly directly linked to companies like Bayraktar, no point taking anything he says at face value.
The "OSINT" they do, is mostly Classified Documents they somehow have access to. No one can duplicate what they do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom