What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

unknown UAV from latest IRGC air defense drill dubbed "Guardians of Velayat sky 7"

UAV.jpg

below the fuselage, jammers?

Last edited:
i have heard the news that pakistan has shot down iranian jet

How many Shahed-129 drones does Iran operate? It seems the US keeps shooting Iranian drones down left and right.

Also things are escalating pretty quickly in Syria.

Mohsen,

Interestingly, I don't see any sign of landing gear on this UAV, suggesting it's rail-launched.

As to the "bumps" on the belly of the airframe, I suspect they are communication/navigation antennas. Without SATCOM, you have to control drones via ground control and thus using larger antennas is advantageous to maximize controllable range.

That said, with no visible landing gear, the landing mechanism for this bird with those antennas (or whatever they are) must be quite a sight to see...

Sina-1,

Maybe, but that's still a bit of a rough landing if you've got "bumps" that larger on the belly.

After looking at the image again, I have a slightly different theory about those bumps:

Communication Relay

As there are already a sizable set of antennas on the top of the aircraft that seem well-suited for control/guidance, the belly-mounted antennas could be for relaying ground communications from one point to another, allowing for non-LOS communication. Such a concept has been applied to many tactical UAVs all over the world.

Just a theory of course.

2 possible Iranian UAV's downed in in a week times.

I guess Iran is intensifying its operations in both the East and West.

I'm sure that intensity has been deflated by now.

Someone on the thread that was from Pakistan was in contact with Pakistani military officials and he said that the news of Iranian drone in Pakistan being shot down was not true?

Any news on this development, I'm having a hard time finding any proof of Iran drones in Pakistan being shot down.

Back
Top Bottom