What's new

Iranian Space program

Which site are you using?

Nice to see Nahid finally getting deployed. It’s old tech concept. I think maybe pre-2015 it was first made? I remember hearing about it years ago.

The unfoldable solar panel is critical tech needed on any satellite that isn’t nuclear fuel decay powered and bigger than Microsat weight.

Did one of the Nahids perish in an attempted launch? Or is this still the original one?

Nice to see Nahid finally getting deployed. It’s old tech concept. I think maybe pre-2015 it was first made? I remember hearing about it years ago.

The unfoldable solar panel is critical tech needed on any satellite that isn’t nuclear fuel decay powered and bigger than Microsat weight.

Did one of the Nahids perish in an attempted launch? Or is this still the original one?
no , when the explosion happened in 2019 Nahid-1 was not part of the test contrary to initial reports . its original one
by the way the satellite while capable of acting as an S-band communication device was actually more was a test for folding solar panel and testing those panels is one of its main mission

Was the biggest barrier for never launching the many satellites that were made years ago the SLV itself?

Was the biggest barrier for never launching the many satellites that were made years ago the SLV itself?

Yup.

Simorgh was supposed to launch in 2010 and didn’t till years later. IRGC blamed Rouhani and said they were finished, but Rouhani wouldn’t authorize a launch due to JCPOA negotiations/upsetting the west. I don’t think Simorgh was even ready till 2012 or later.

Even today, we are stuck in microsat and cubesat level due to SLV. Can’t make bigger satellites because of SLV and also we haven’t mastered some basic technologies (like unfold-able solar panels).

Also I believe Noor-3 is the first Iranian made satellite to be equipped with thrusters. Another basic need for any satellite so it can avoid space junk and not get pulverized by an object the size of a quarter traveling at Mach 20+

no , when the explosion happened in 2019 Nahid-1 was not part of the test contrary to initial reports . its original one

Israel letter to UN and some OSINT says Nahid-1 was destroyed aboard the Qased IRGC launch back in March 2023.

Yup.

Simorgh was supposed to launch in 2010 and didn’t till years later. IRGC blamed Rouhani and said they were finished, but Rouhani wouldn’t authorize a launch due to JCPOA negotiations/upsetting the west. I don’t think Simorgh was even ready till 2012 or later.

Even today, we are stuck in microsat and cubesat level due to SLV. Can’t make bigger satellites because of SLV and also we haven’t mastered some basic technologies (like unfold-able solar panels).

Also I believe Noor-3 is the first Iranian made satellite to be equipped with thrusters. Another basic need for any satellite so it can avoid space junk and not get pulverized by an object the size of a quarter traveling at Mach 20+

Israel letter to UN and some OSINT says Nahid-1 was destroyed aboard the Qased IRGC launch back in March 2023.

if-Nahid-1 was destroyed this one was called Nahid-2 not Nahid-1
and Israel representative in UN have many time proven wrong

if-Nahid-1 was destroyed this one was called Nahid-2 not Nahid-1
and Israel representative in UN have many time proven wrong

You wouldn’t call it Nahid-2 if it is still just Nahid-1 design. Not hard to rebuild a microsat in 6-12 months assuming a duplicate wasn’t created around the same time as original.

At this point in time, it no longer matters if it is Nahid 1 or 10. We will witness testing of Nahid's original purpose - deploying satellites with foldable solar panels.

After 10 years of delay "manned space flight" is back in ISA agenda."..some highlight of interview with ISA chief:
space.jpg

Iran to send human into space in 5 years
  • First test of "Habitation Capsule" will be done in the current Iranian calendar year
  • The new Habitation Capsule will have capability to have flight control.
  • construction of "Chabahar" space port is on going (assembly building, administration buildings and flight deck)..the site will allow Iran access to various orbital angels.
  • Test labs up to 500 kilogram sats are being designed and the labs will be ready by next year.
  • Construction of Two "Satellite control" centers ,one in North east and one in North west of Iran has started (Chenaran and Salmas)
  • Navigational specific satellite class (Pazohaesh-1 and 2) by the private industry has started.
  • Private industry participation in Observation satellite that include "Kowsar" and Nour-3.

Back
Top Bottom