What's new

Iranian Space program

Sardar Ja'farābādi of the IRGC Aerospace Force in today's interview with IRIB news:

* Precision of the camera used on Nur-3 is up to 2,5 times superior to that of Nur-2. @AUz
* Nur-3 is equipped with signal sensors which differ from Nur-1 and Nur-2.
* Plans to launch several small satellites with a single SLV.
* Work will be done on Qa'em SLV for the launch of heavier satellites beyond 50 kg.
* Launch rate is set to increase.
* A constellation of small satellites will allow for numerous types of applications such as assistance services, commercial applications, vizualisation and evaluation of natural hazards as well as aid to victims. In the military field they serve purposes of intelligence gathering, command & control as well as weapons guidance.

Video: https://telewebion.com/episode/0x8d07d7d
Article: https://www.iscanews.ir/news/1199842/

Some high quality post-launch footage from onboard cameras:

Sardar Ja'farābādi of the IRGC Aerospace Force in today's interview with IRIB news:

* Precision of the camera used on Nur-3 is up to 2,5 times superior to that of Nur-2. @AUz
* Work will be done on Qa'em SLV for the launch of heavier satellites beyond 50 kg.
* A constellation of small satellites will allow for numerous types of applications such as assistance services, commercial applications, vizualisation and evaluation of natural hazards as well as aid to victims. In the military field they serve purposes of intelligence gathering, command & control as well as weapons guidance.

I think the last link shows the 6 March 2022 launch, the date is written on the above right camera

I recall Rahbar had cautioned authorities to not use 'relative' measures in stating accomplishments. There was a housing development official that was boasting they had built X number of units and Rahbar admonished him with him not being clear what that means? Relative to what? For who? what was the goal and why?

In this case the statement
Precision of the camera used on Nur-3 is up to 2,5 times superior to that of Nur-2
doesn't mean anything to me either. The other bullets are similarly imprecise and with little value. Although, I do give far more leeway since this is a military matter.

Last edited:
IR_SAT.JPG

Nour_3 at the moment of ejection!!:p:

doesn't mean anything to me either. The other bullets are similarly imprecise and with little value. Although, I do give far more leeway since this is a military matter.

I translated to the best of my limited ability what I thought is a news item worthy of being added to this thread. Sorry if it seemed superfluous to you, personally I saw it under a different light.

Furthermore a user had asked whether 5m resolution was confirmed by Iranian authorities. To me that "imprecise" statement in question tends to fit the bill, and I will postulate this is what Patarames based his statement upon, which justifies the share.

I recall Rahbar had cautioned authorities to not use 'relative' measures in stating accomplishments. There was a housing development official that was boasting they had built X number of units and Rahbar admonished him with him not being clear what that mean? Relative to what? For who? what was the goal and why?

The quoted official listed a number of goals and enumerated beneficiaries. It stands to reason that what he was referring to is improved resolution on Nur-3, precision or imprecision of the formulation notwithstanding, and that this implies higher performance in the mentioned fields of application. He does not need to go into further detail in the framework of a brief interview with TV news addressing general audiences. Given it is a militarily relevant topic, comparisons with existing capabilities worldwide aren't systematically warranted.

Last edited:
Anyone knows usually the time when we can see Noor-3 on that kind of satellite tracker website?

Screenshot_931.png

I translated to the best of my limited ability what I thought is a news item worthy of being added to this thread. Sorry if it seemed superfluous to you, personally I saw it under a different light.

Moreover, a user had asked whether 5m resolution was confirmed by Iranian authorities. To me that "imprecise" statement in question tends to fit the bill, and I will postulate this is what Patarames based his statement upon, which justifies the share.

The quoted official listed a number of goals and enumerated beneficiaries. It stands to reason that what he was referring to is improved resolution on Nur-3, precision or imprecision of the formulation notwithstanding, and that this implies higher performance in the mentioned fields of application. He does not need to go into further detail in the framework of a brief interview with TV news addressing general audiences. Given it is a militarily relevant topic, comparisons with existing capabilities worldwide aren't systematically warranted.
My comment was directed to your source. Not to you.😀

Last edited:
Anyone knows usually the time when we can see Noor-3 on that kind of satellite tracker website?

View attachment 956680

Usually within 3-7 days after launch

Back
Top Bottom