What's new

Iranian Police in Bajaj Pulsars !

@Abii Buddy, You can buy it second hand or ask mechanic to build you one. I mean they take old bike and fit it with recent engine and all the stuff. It is good if one wants to save some money. I will ask my mechanic about it. Many people do this. My neighbor had old one and ordered the engine separately. But at the end Canadaian norms is what you have to keep in mind.

There is an orkut/FB community too, may be there are few foreigners who own this. They can tell you about shipping it. They are quite helpful if you are really interested in classic Enfield.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/royalenfieldgroup/

Let me know if you can't get info.

Over the past few years, a number of Royal Enfield enthusiasts from other countries come to India and buy our Indian models. Subsequently, they import the motorcycles to their respective countries.

A number of them buy the motorcycle here because they feel it is cheaper this way. During registration of those motorcycles in their country, these individuals need to provide various documents and modifications to conform to the specific Ministry of Transport guidelines in their country. The Indian models do not conform to those guidelines and so they are left with a motorcycle that cannot be used, not to mention lots of good money wasted. If only they had bought the motorcycle through our official distributor in their respective country.

The following points outline some of the factors that need to be considered in order to evaluate what is involved when you carry out a private import.

The scenario is as per the current terms and conditions prevailing, but you should be aware that legislation is constantly changing in these countries to prevent such imports.

Indian motorcycle models are different from EEC/UK/USA models and will not pass a Ministry of Transport (MOT) test.

Models meant for other countries are not sold in India. The Indian model motorcycles cannot be registered in any other country other than India or SAARC nations as they do not meet the statutory norms prevailing there.

All UK/EEC specification motorcycles comply with Whole Vehicle Type Approval (WVTA) and have VIN plates. From June 2003, all models of bike, not previously imported into the UK/EEC, must have a WVTA with the consequent VIN plate and Certificate of Conformity from Royal Enfield. All USA specification motorcycles comply with FMVSS rules and regulations and have a VIN plate. Each individual state in the USA also has registration rules that parallel the Federal rules so even if a bike somehow gets past US Customs the owner will most likely be unable to register the motorcycle.

A motorcycle that does not comply with the UK or EEC or USA rules may not have valid insurance, thus leaving the owner liable to an insurance company refusing to pay out on any claim, including third party liability.

Royal Enfield will not be liable for registration, compliance certificates or any documents whatsoever, which may be required for the private import of our bikes and it will be purely at the risk of the buyer.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/gen...sic-500-export-procedure-india-canada-t41344/

@vsdoc Hey buddy, your input for our friend about this bike.

Thanks for all the info. I will contact the Edmonton showroom/distributer and see how much it's going for. You're right about the regulations. It has to pass the air inspection and a ton of other crap and I guess it has to be bought here. Re. the assembly option, that's not smtg I would do b/c my knowledge about mechanics is insanely low and below average. I've never even changed a tire to be perfectly honest. Filling my car with windshield wiper fluid is the limit of my knowledge when it comes to mechanical stuff. So I'm like a woman and I have to go for relible and new as much as I can.

Thankfully they do sell them in North America. I know for a fact that I'm going to own one of these one way or another in the next 6-12 months. For now I'm gonna have to take care of my stupid motorcycle license. Once that's done I can even go to the US and get a used one. I'm sure I can find one on ebay motors.

There are two Classic 500s on ebay right now.
Royal Enfield : BULLET C5 MILITARY | eBay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Royal-Enfiel...5862498?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2a28f663e2

If I had my license I would def'n think about the green one. Right now I can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal-Enfield-Classic-Battle-Green.jpg

wow such a beauty!

@Inidan friends:plz post top5 beautiful Indian bikes if possible.

I know eh?
It's right out of my childhood dreams. As a kid, when it came to cars and motorcycles, I was fascinated with the Lamborghini Countach (even asked my uncle to send me a Countach scale model from Canada lol) and old military motorcycles. I will never own a Countach, but I will own this bad *** little thing.

Already day dreaming about road trips from Calgary to Vancouver in mid-summer on this thing. 3 problems with that right now though: I don't have one, I don't have a motorcycle license and I'm afraid this thing isn't fast enough for the highways lol

@Abii Try to get in contact with some Bullet owner near your place. Sometimes you can have better services with a particular mechanic rather than taking it to service center. I prefer my own mechanic. I don't have to recheck everything as he is trusted one and ONLY deals in Bullet. Nothing else. There has been some issue people face with riding situation. You may have to make changes according to your comfort level.

All the best for your license. When you get one, kindly inform us. You are unofficially added to this club. Hope you get it and officially get into. :enjoy:

@Abii Try to get in contact with some Bullet owner near your place. Sometimes you can have better services with a particular mechanic rather than taking it to service center. I prefer my own mechanic. I don't have to recheck everything as he is trusted one and ONLY deals in Bullet. Nothing else. There has been some issue people face with riding situation. You may have to make changes according to your comfort level.

All the best for your license. When you get one, kindly inform us.
You are unofficially added to this club. Hope you get it and officially get into. :enjoy:

loooool

I told my brother that I'm going to get my motorcycle license and he replied "I'll be in my grave by the time you have it." I failed my class 5 road test 5/FIVE times and it took me a year and a half to finally get licensed (that's on top of the 1 year of training that everybody has to get) hahaha

Let's hope I don't have to fail another half a dozen times for this one lol

btw on my last try when I finally passed, the guy was on the fence about passing me. He was like "you're not the best driver in the world, but def'n not horrible either." He lectured me for 15 minutes and told me that being safe blah blah will benefit me the most and gave me 4 heart attacks before finally telling me I passed.

Damn! with taxes and other fees it'll be a pretty penny. But I'm not planning to own a car anytime soon. hmmmm... decisions decisions.

Used it is I guess. Will most likely find a few of these laying around down south in the US.

MSRP on this bike is $6,595.

@Abii Always think of safety first especially with Bullet. The guards if possible, should be put on front and rear side. Any person who is serious about Bullet, will tell you about safety first.

My dad once had an accident with a Jeep. The front leg guard saved his leg, and he had minor fracture. If it would have been some other bike, he might have had multiple fractures. :D

There are many unsaid norms in India too. Many time traffic police don't stop you if you are on Bullet. They won't take your bike if you parked in No Parking area.

Reason is, most of the people who own this bike have connections and because of this the traffic police don't want to get into any trouble. :D

btw, which one do you guys think is nicer? The Desert Storm or the green one?

$(KGrHqF,!isFEP5vrSQFBREo-WKSi!~~60_12.JPG

DSCF9647.jpg

Military Green is quite famous and liked.

But many of us like Classic Black.

@Abii Always think of safety first especially with Bullet. The guards if possible, should be put from front and rear side. Any person who is serious about Bullet, will tell you about safety first.

My dad once had an accident with a Jeep. The front leg guard saved his leg, and he had minor fracture. If it would have been some other bike, he might have had multiple fractures. :D

There are many unsaid norms in India too. Many time traffic police don't stop you if you are not wearing helmet. They won't take your bike if you parked in No Parking area.

Reason is, most of the people who own this bike have connections and because of this the traffic police don't want to get into any trouble. :D

haha that's awesome

If I ever buy this (actually when I buy this) I will go for a ride in Surrey (India town) here in Vancouver. Gonna make a lot of Indians jelous haha

What's a leg guard? You mean protective personal gear or smtg that goes on the bike?

Military Green is quite famous and liked.

But many of us like Classic Black.

Yeah the green is just smtg else.

Do the RE dealerships sell accessories for these bikes as well? I saw this guy on youtube with two storage boxes on the back of his C50 that looked like amunition boxes. I also want one of thos license plate holders that go on top of the front wheel. Like this

2777432096051_tWkVDAOr_l.jpg

fuuuu Canadian laws man. If this was Iran it would take me half a day to get licensed

Here I have to give 500 people blow jobs before they give me a god damn motorcycle license lmfao
Trust me, I'm gonna go there and they're gonna tell me that I would have to pass a knowledge test first, then wait a year and get trained and then come for a road test. Then I will most likely end up failing my road test 18 times till I finally get the god damn license.

haha that's awesome
If I ever buy this (actually when I buy this) I will go for a ride in Surrey (India town) here in Vancouver. Gonna make a lot of Indians jelous haha
What's a leg guard? You mean protective personal gear or smtg that goes on the bike?
Welcome to Om Steel Industries :: qualitative auto accessories and parts for motor cycle, scooters three wheelers and mopeds

It depends on you choice.

Mine is - Leather jacket, gloves, good boots, Aviator sunglasses and Helmet. :D

I have spectacles and don't like contacts. I miss aviators :cry:

haha that's awesome

dsc00980.jpg-345248d1358073759

These metal horns on the sides are leg guard . They make sure your leg does not get crushed beneath this bike when u fall as its quite heavy .

@Abii :rofl: 500 bj good one.

In India, you don't even have to give the test. I got mine without any test. :D
But now, rules are enforced.

Welcome to Om Steel Industries :: qualitative auto accessories and parts for motor cycle, scooters three wheelers and mopeds

It depends on you choice.

Mine is - Leather jacket, gloves, good boots, Aviator sunglasses and Helmet. :D

I have spectacles and don't like contacts. I miss aviators :cry:

no way I'm putting those things on my future Battle Green C50 lol
It would kill the bike's mojo.

The personal protective gear is a must though. Apart from the obvious mandatory helmet laws here, some of the other gear is probably mandated as well. Plus half the fun is dressing up as one of those World War German motorcycle soldiers.

@Cherokee Its better if you have at rear side too. But not many people have it. But it keeps your body from getting crushed.

Back
Top Bottom