What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I had talked about new seaplanes to come but it may very well be that these drones are the fusion between seaplane and drone, it is logical

Iran: IRGC Navy unveils new hybrid drone​

The IRGC Navy is developing a landing drone capable of carrying bombs and missiles.

“Navy experts from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) have manufactured unmanned aerial vehicles capable of landing on water and carrying missiles and bombs,” it was announced this Sunday, September 24, the commander of the IRGC Navy, Rear Admiral Alireza Tangsiri.

He said combat drones were also capable of taking off from water.

“The IRGC Navy has also produced hybrid drones with two separate engines for launch and propulsion,” he said.

These drones will be able to carry out patrol and reconnaissance operations for 15 hours. They will soon join the IRGC Navy fleet, the IRGC Navy commander said.

As I said money rule.

No, money is one factor. If money is all that’s needed to develop projects efficiently and timely then every Western army and Eastern Army would be dominating the world with weapons.

Rarely works out you just throw money at something and it happens. Childish thinking.

You could give $1B to Iran navy right now and I promise you they could not build 3 Mowj frigates in 3 years.

Underfunding is not the problem, merely a factor.

Also the vls was defense ministry project not irgc

IRGC had Porto-VLS tech long before that. The missiles that were unveiled buried in dirt available to launch in canisters thru the earth. Who you think built that technology?

You keep saying “defense ministry” as if it’s an arms corporation. It’s like saying “F-22 was DoD project” and giving no credit to Lockheed, Boeing, P&W.

Defense ministry is a government agency that contracts out to companies - companies that have either IRGC connections or alumni. Any technology that deals with missiles (SLVs, AA, BM) goes thru IRGC conglomerates. Even on ISA launch pads there’s IRGC engineers working on the SLV. So to think IRGC didn’t have an hand in VLS tech is laughable, they pioneered the land based version.

Lastly, it’s not a guarantee that Iran Navy will use same VLS tech as IRGC. We have yet to see IRIN unveil VLS while IRGC has already unveiled it on a frigate AND a speedboat.

Last edited:
IRGC had Porto-VLS tech long before that. The missiles that were unveiled buried in dirt available to launch in canisters thru the earth. Who you think built that technology?
they were not vertically launched
Any technology that deals with missiles (SLVs, AA, BM) goes thru IRGC conglomerates.
that's debatable

Lastly, it’s not a guarantee that Iran Navy will use same VLS tech as IRGC. We have yet to see IRIN unveil VLS while IRGC has already unveiled it on a frigate AND a speedboat.
does navy ever get enough money

26-11759425-14020701.jpg

26-11759425-14020703.jpg

26-11759425-14020704.jpg

Translation:
Sardar Tangsiri: The entry of nuclear submarines into the Persian Gulf is prohibited

These types of statements are headshaking. They have rarely worked. Also international waterways are accessible to all. It would be like if Saudi Arabia closed the Red Sea to Iranian warships. Instead we have floating warship bases there and no one can do anything about it.

Furthermore, nuclear submarines rarely come into the PG outside of a show of force tactic. The shallow depths mean they basically have to float at the surface which defeats the whole purpose of a nuclear submarine.

These types of statements are headshaking. They have rarely worked. Also international waterways are accessible to all. It would be like if Saudi Arabia closed the Red Sea to Iranian warships. Instead we have floating warship bases there and no one can do anything about it.

Furthermore, nuclear submarines rarely come into the PG outside of a show of force tactic. The shallow depths mean they basically have to float at the surface which defeats the whole purpose of a nuclear submarine.
Well as I knew the treaty say it's accessible to all signatories and only for peaceful purpose. Now somebody may wonder if USA is a signatory or if there is a peaceful mission imaginable for a nuclear missile carrying nuclear sub.

Also some my wonder why somebody want to do the purpose defeating and unnecessary move of sending a nuclear sub into Persian gulf.

I think it was better if they announce that at a joint statement by all the countries around Persian gulf. Honestly it's not that hard to make those country agree that no nuclear vessel enter Persian gulf as time needed for the Persian gulf water get replaced is about 60 years

Well as I knew the treaty say it's accessible to all signatories and only for peaceful purpose. Now somebody may wonder if USA is a signatory or if there is a peaceful mission imaginable for a nuclear missile carrying nuclear sub.

Also some my wonder why somebody want to do the purpose defeating and unnecessary move of sending a nuclear sub into Persian gulf.

I think it was better if they announce that at a joint statement by all the countries around Persian gulf. Honestly it's not that hard to make those country agree that no nuclear vessel enter Persian gulf as time needed for the Persian gulf water get replaced is about 60 years

I had talked about new seaplanes to come but it may very well be that these drones are the fusion between seaplane and drone, it is logical

Iran: IRGC Navy unveils new hybrid drone​

The IRGC Navy is developing a landing drone capable of carrying bombs and missiles.

“Navy experts from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) have manufactured unmanned aerial vehicles capable of landing on water and carrying missiles and bombs,” it was announced this Sunday, September 24, the commander of the IRGC Navy, Rear Admiral Alireza Tangsiri.

He said combat drones were also capable of taking off from water.

“The IRGC Navy has also produced hybrid drones with two separate engines for launch and propulsion,” he said.

These drones will be able to carry out patrol and reconnaissance operations for 15 hours. They will soon join the IRGC Navy fleet, the IRGC Navy commander said.

Welcome back.

Now somebody may wonder if USA is a signatory or if there is a peaceful mission imaginable for a nuclear missile carrying nuclear sub.

How hypocritical can you be when Iran has floating bases in open waters? That are far from conducting “peaceful” activities.

Nuclear missiles are irrelevant. They are inert unless armed by a series of codes that are held by the upper echelons of military. There are nukes sitting at the bottom of oceans right Now from Cold War era.

1695706981593.jpeg

Same reason you send B-52 and B-2’s to fly over open airspace. A show of force.

I think it was better if they announce that at a joint statement by all the countries around Persian gulf.

It’s stupid to Announce. You gonna draw the line at Nuclear submarine, but nuclear aircraft carrier? Which they already made that threat multiple times and US violated it routinely.

Honestly it's not that hard to make those country agree that no nuclear vessel enter Persian gulf

And yet Iran has been developing its own nuclear fuel based designs since at least 2010. The whole threat is just bravado for domestic consumption.

If iran had nuclear equipped missiles than Besat and Russian kilos would be carrying them for 2nd strike defense doctrine.

Nonetheless, it’s dumb for US to send nuclear subs because their positioning is meant to be secret to preserve second strike. As soon as one pops up in PG then China/North Korea/Russia, all start tracking it as it leaves for MAD doctrine intelligence.

How hypocritical can you be when Iran has floating bases in open waters? That are far from conducting “peaceful” activities.
open water , not territorial water.

Same reason you send B-52 and B-2’s to fly over open airspace. A show of force.
open air space not territorial airspace

And yet Iran has been developing its own nuclear fuel based designs since at least 2010. The whole threat is just bravado for domestic consumption.
the sea of oman dont have problems of persian gulf in that regard

Welcome back.
Thank you, that's kind.

I was the victim of a moderator who is not a moderator himself who banned me without any real warning. I would like the opinion of another moderator who is more moderate and more patient. I have been participating in this forum for several years and I have never seen such dictatorial behavior from a moderator on this forum. In short, I no longer give this moderator any attention because I know that there are other moderators here on the forum who are more moderate and more trustworthy.

No it is not. Fateh submarines can stay at sea for 35 days. That is plenty of time to inflict damage in case of conflict with US. Iranian coastline is littered with coves and inlets. Iran also has underwater sub bases. So refueling and hiding advantage goes to Iran.

It was stated that work on AIP is underway, even to equip future units of Fateh.

I agree...the post would've been a better fit in chill thread instead

open water , not territorial water.

Since when do nuclear submarines enter Iranian territorial waters?

1695825034541.png

The general said the entire PG is off-limits to nuclear submarines. Iran doesn’t have that authority, Irans doesn’t own the entire PG.

open air space not territorial airspace

You keep repeating this. There is no US nuclear submarines entering Iran’s waters during transit.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom