What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

@VEVAK I have a present for you...

... knock yourself out :D

Yea I've seen it!

But that's not what I'm talking about! I wanna see a Ground Launched SLV that uses it's wings to do the heavy lifting up to ~35km

The 1st stage of the Safir SLV could potentially lift an entire Sejil-2 on it's nose if it had wings to use for lift! So why build cluster engines when you can use wings for lift up to 40km and get the same result at the end?

That 1st 40km is far more important than it sounds!

I don't want to speculate about the performance of a air launched Sejil. It has about the same performance as a liquid fueled single stage Ghadr. If the lastest Safir-1 are Ghadr based and Sejil=Ghadr then I count the difference between them for the mach 3 release at 35km to get a rough idea.

The Pegasus is a very advanced solid fuel SLV, I would not compare Sejil level booster casing design with this woven re-enforced composite design.
The Sejil is old, the recent animation of the Iranian solid fuel SLV certainly has a modern solid fuel booster casing design.

Note: The air launched Minuteman was just non-deployed air launched to have a mobile alternative for silo basing concept for second strike purpose.

You idea would also work with single-use motors, however don't expect Iran to do it if it hasn't been done for commercial reasons (except the Pegasus) elsewhere, not with heavy payloads and if Iran has mastered high power SLV boosters and high thrust liquid motors (which it almost certainly has).

Allegedly Hezbollah cruise missile, wtf??
Its possible?

C5BfDl7WEAEF1iH.jpg

someone postet this telling its an hezbollah cruise missile
i doubt that Hezbollah has this stuff, it looks chinese to me, but maybe im wrong?

Iran IRGC exercise "The Great Prophet 11" phase one MLRS, رزمایش بزرگ پیامبر اعظم(ص)۱۱

مرحله اول رزمایش سه روزه نیروی زمینی سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی با نام پیامبر اعظم 11 با شعار "نمایش اقتدار و امنیت پایدار" با رمز مقدس «یا رسول‌ الله» صبح امروز (دوم اسفند) با حضور یگانهای توپخانه، پدافند، پهپاد، پیاده و هوانیروز این نیرو در کویر مرکزی ایران آغاز شد.
بنابراین گزارش در مرحله اول این رزمایش اهداف دشمن فرضی با راکت‌های پیشرفته، هوشمند و نقطه زن در کلاسهای مختلف مورد اصابت قرار گرفت.
رزمایش امنیتی – دفاعی پیامبر اعظم 11 نیروی زمینی سپاه در کویر مرکزی ایران و شرق کشور تا روز چهارشنبه (چهارم اسفند) ادامه دارد و طی آن یگانهای برگزیده این نیرو اشراف اطلاعاتی آمادگی‌های دفاعی همه جانبه خود برای مقابله با تهدیدات متصور از سوی متجاوزین خارجی را به نمایش خواهند گذاشت.
http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13951202000253
The Ground Forces of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) have started military maneuvers in Dasht-e Kavir, the country’s sprawling central desert.
Codenamed Payambar-e-A’azam (the Great Prophet) 11, the wargames got off the ground on Monday, with the motto of “demonstration of power and enduring stability.”
The maneuvers feature the IRGC’s drones as well as its artillery, air defense and infantry units.
The first stage witnessed the launch of state-of-the-art smart and precision-guided rockets against mock enemy targets
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/02/20/511301/Iran-IRGC

It would be better to create thread with details and substance w.r.t. subject. Thread with pictures only may not be helpful or interested for the readers that these pictures can be posted in Iranian Defence Forum section/Missile Thread rather than creating a separate thread for pictures only.

@SOHEIL

Back
Top Bottom