What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Impressive images, especially of the explosion. HMX? Eventually something like CL-20 I assume.

P
They really outdid themselves with this one, gotta say.

I'm trying to think where they want to direct focus on. What's the future plan from here.

Better booster performance? Larger diameters to fit larger warhead weight? Lets say integrated a scramjet engine into the Fattah-2 HCM, then they completely eliminate it's "mass-producibility" for it. Theirs a certain point you can go before you start to make luxury weapons that you cannot produce much of.

Tweaking performance of existing boosters would be something like a Pareto distribution, where you have to put high cost in R&D for a few percentage point improvement. Not really worth it from the Iranian mindset.

Any predictions?

I'm trying to think where they want to direct focus on. What's the future plan from here.

Better booster performance? Larger diameters to fit larger warhead weight? Lets say integrated a scramjet engine into the Fattah-2 HCM, then they completely eliminate it's "mass-producibility" for it. Theirs a certain point you can go before you start to make luxury weapons that you cannot produce much of.

Tweaking performance of existing boosters would be something like a Pareto distribution, where you have to put high cost in R&D for a few percentage point improvement. Not really worth it from the Iranian mindset.

Any predictions?
the next step i guess would be increasing the range .
wonder how much they can increase the range of fateh missile family

the next step i guess would be increasing the range .
wonder how much they can increase the range of fateh missile family
They'll eventually max out performance to the point where the high cost doesn't justify the performance.

Then they have to move onto larger diameter which has its own consequences, for example you'd now need a larger truck to fit only one missile with a Raafe engine. I think you can fit two Fattah's on the same truck Kheybar-Shekan uses.

If you can fit two Fattah-1's or Fattah-2's on a truck used for the Kheybar-Shekan, you'd have probably the worlds most cost-effective, disguise-able and tactical theater range BM (that is also mass produceable)

All these missiles lack flavors. A dash of U235 flavor wouldn't be too bad. Call it, "Culinary Missile System" or C.M.S. for short.
I agree,lets call it the ":flame:extra hot n spicy:flame: " option.
Just the thing when theres a colony of imported 🪳vermin🪳 in the neighborhood,a dangerous invasive species that needs to be potentially exterminated before it can cause anymore harm.
💩🇮🇱🪳🇮🇱💩

Any predictions?
I agree,the fateh,zolfaqar/dezful,fattah family is a world class achievement in short to medium ranged solid fueled missiles.
Ultimately moving the focus of the solid fuel program from trying to develop something like the seijil,to instead quasi-ballistics turned out to be the correct decision,and it certainly payed off big time.

As for future developments,It would be nice if the airforce took an interest in developing an aero-ballistic variant of one of the fateh family,or the navy looked at a ship based variant.
That would probably make more sense at the moment,trying to get the other branches of the military to realise the potential of these systems and to adopt them,just as they eventually woke up to the potential of drones.

I agree,the fateh,zolfaqar/dezful,fattah family is a world class achievement in short to medium ranged solid fueled missiles.
Ultimately moving the focus of the solid fuel program from trying to develop something like the seijil,to instead quasi-ballistics turned out to be the correct decision,and it certainly payed off big time.

As for future developments,It would be nice if the airforce took an interest in developing an aero-ballistic variant of one of the fateh family,or the navy looked at a ship based variant.
That would probably make more sense at the moment,trying to get the other branches of the military to realise the potential of these systems and to adopt them,just as they eventually woke up to the potential of drones.
Fath-360 missile, or Fajr-5C missile integrated on Su-24, or Su-22. Completely achievable, and adds alot of flexibility.

Yasin trainer could carry several Fajr-5s

Fath-360 missile, or Fajr-5C missile integrated on Su-24, or Su-22. Completely achievable, and adds alot of flexibility.

Yasin trainer could carry several Fajr-5s
On Su-24, Raad and Hormuz-2. F-Mobin

Su-24 is made for it

On Su-24, Raad and Hormuz-2. F-Mobin

Su-24 is made for it
Ideally yes,

If you want to hold alot of munitions though you can do like 8 Fajr-5Cs. They should really get this done. Su-24's are still very useful as stand-off heavily armed platforms.

Ideally yes,

If you want to hold alot of munitions though you can do like 8 Fajr-5Cs. They should really get this done. Su-24's are still very useful as stand-off heavily armed platforms.

Iran needs to translate its smaller BMs (as best as it can) onto remaining viable Airframes that can accommodate the payload.

Bomb-truck jets are still the primary method of ordinance delivery for asset destruction aside from like field artillery, naval assets and cruise missiles etc,. Relying solely on a rocket booster section to get a warhead to the target leaves little room for combat flexibility. Moreover, it’ll be far cheaper for Iran to launch missiles from a jet rather than just a static launcher as they’ll be able to fire many more at a time and more consistently. At the very least it provides them another platform to launch missiles from.

Su24 is big enough but I wonder if the F4s Iran has can also be used for this task.

Not bad.

Usually videos made by others have very shallow research since it's not in the interest of many to even study Iran. Most just treat it as a side video they make. "Decade away from striking the US homeland" is kind of an indication that not enough in-depth research was done on engine tech. Especially that Iran has successfully reverse engineered the engine of R-27 Zyb SLBM and improved it with new fuel which will throw Iran well into the IRBM club. You reduce the warhead to 300kg, and add a 2nd stage solid fuel engine, and you might just reach 10,000km

Iran technically has a variety of methods to increase range to ICBM ranges with existing tech but the value of a conventional ICBM is probably not worth it financially, and accuracy at such ranges is difficult, and low payload is not good either.

Unless Iran comes up with a 1st stage booster with small enough size to fit on a standard MRBM TEL, with good enough burnout velocity, with an additional 2nd stage booster which can perform well enough to take a 650kg payload to ICBM ranges at an affordable price, then forget about it. That' alone is a huge task. Only justification would be nuclear.

Personally, I think Iran has a secret IRBM arsenal (small arsenal) since in a scenario of total war, most US strategic bombers would be taking off from Diego Garcia, and from NATO airbases in the UK. French Naval base in Marseille, and Ramstein AB in Germany, which are also major support arteries for the USA. It's not enough to target within the MENA theater, you need to go deep battle into the major logistical nodes to hinder their ability to feed the war in the MENA region which would come from Europe. I don't doubt it since the tech has already been shown, just needs to be assembled at this point.

Back
Top Bottom