What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Are you serious? You are actually doubting a FLIR system? Dude wether you shoot first or not, The heat signiture of the sniper is continues, You will be spotted with such ease that the pilots will propabaly have a good laugh before obliturating its enemy...
I'm wondering if you are that much ignorant or just pretend?
there is no such a thing as heat signature in day light. if there was, apache designers wouldn't go for gun flash light.
Apache to field ground fire-detection system | Article | The United States Army

Couldnt care less, As long as its our puppet.
both of you are US poppets, it's just a matter of time before you meet your expiration date, just like Iraq and Saddam , meanwhile have fun.

This is a weapon system that relies on many things being in its favour ie a low and slow-flying helo that has, for some inexcplicable reason, not spotted the IR signature of the man miles out, for the gunner to make a perfect shot that impacts the "achylis heal" of the attack helo (what this achylis heal will be is unknown considering in most modern attack helos every important system has in-built redundancies). The gunner will have to make a single kill shot because if they miss they aren't going to get another shot, counting aside that even sniper often have to fire multiple shots to be ranged and zero'd in on their targets. Not to mention the fact that attack helos oftern operate in pairs like fighter pilots so if you somehow are lucky enough to take out a single helo, you are going to fact the wrath of his buddy!

All in all it seems like a very impractical weapon system.

I read somebody in "yahoo answers" asks why so many apache helicopters are shot down in Afghanistan, you can go and repeat it's specifications for him.
How do AH-64 Apaches get shot down? - Yahoo! Answers

The fact that Apaches can get shot down (much like ANY MBT can be destroyed) does not make a 1400m range single shot (non-auto) 20mm gun the weapon of choice against a combat helicopter armed with a badass 30mm cannon and various missiles that can be fired out to 8km. As with any munition v armor situation, protection is against a certain type of ammo (e.g. apfsds) of a certain caliber e.g 23mm fired from a certain range e.g. 200m. Hence most modern ICVs withstand 30mm ap over the frontal arc fired from 200m. You can still kill that ICV with an 12.7mm ap round fired into its rear from close(r) distance... so, duh. That doesn't mean you have a poor ICV!

I'm wondering if you are that much ignorant or just pretend?
there is no such a thing as heat signature in day light. if there was, apache designers wouldn't go for gun flash light.
Apache to field ground fire-detection system | Article | The United States Army

Daytime thermal imaging is often not as effective as nighttime thermal imaging but not usually to the point that it's worthless. Clearly, in terms of being able to detect thermal signatures, daytime in Iceland is different from daytime in sub-saharan africa. Hence, you use a variety of systems against snipers.
http://www.sightlogix.com/thermal-camera/

Daytime thermal images often appear white and blurry, lacking scene details. Environmental conditions of rain, heat and humidity degrade image quality.
http://www.sourcesecurity.com/docs/...crosite/WP_SightLogix_Thermal-Perspective.pdf

The survivability of rotary wing aircraft has been an ongoing issue since their advent in combat operations during the 1940s. Through the Korean War, the Vietnam conflict, and the ongoing series of low and high intensity conflicts since then, helicopter losses or damage in combat continue to be an issue. The reality which cannot be avoided is that any slow moving, noisy and relatively soft vehicle operating in close proximity to the ground and hostile ground forces is an inviting target for a wide range of weapons, be they man portable or carried by vehicles or other aircraft.
http://www.ausairpower.net/PDF-A/TE-Helo-Mar-05-P.pdf

Study on Rotorcraft Survivability
http://www.bahdayton.com/surviac/asnews/JASPO_Summer10.pdf

Study on Rotorcraft Safety and Survivability
https://vtol.org/B17CF690-F5FE-11E0-89190050568D0042

The DoD and services have successfully reduced rotorcraft loss rates both in combat and non-combat operations since Vietnam, but significant further reductions are needed.
Between October 2001 and September 2009, the U.S. military lost 375 rotorcraft with 496 fatalities. Combat hostile action losses only account for 19 percent of all losses with mishaps accounting for the remaining 81 percent. Rotorcraft fatality rates in combat theaters were three to four times higher than non-combat rates in the rest of the world.
The higher mishap and fatality rates in combat theaters are attributed to the high operational
tempo, increased numbers of passengers on cargo and utility helicopter missions, acceptance of more operational risk, and exposure to combat threats.
Human factors, including loss of situational awareness, account for 78 percent of the losses. Controlled flight into terrain (CFIT), degraded visual environment (DVE), and object/wire strike are the leading human factors loss causes. Engine failure and power train failure resulting in loss of control are the leading non-human factors loss causes. A high percentage of helicopter losses, including shoot downs, are survivable. Most fatalities result from the crash and passengers make up a majority of those fatalities. Improving rotorcraft crashworthiness, including passenger protection, will reduce injuries and fatalities in all loss categories.
Non-materiel solutions, such as changes in doctrine, improved facilities, and training have reduced and will continue to reduce rotorcraft loss rates. When combined with new materiel capability however, the potential to significantly reduce loss rates is much greater.

Rotary wing aircraft are and will continue to be critical to the warfighter.

put these on grave of dead pilots over Afghanistan.

Thank you ever so much for your considered and balanced opinion, mr 122 posts. I think you are missing the point of the forum i.e. exchange of ideas (this requires an open mind, a concept obviously lost on you)

fortunately ,future readers will have four pages of info and comments to judge about mine and yours logic.

fortunately ,future readers will have four pages of info and comments to judge about mine and yours logic.

Actually we have the pleasure of 4 years of Penguins accurate and informative well supported posts his expertise in military equipment especially naval is well respected.

I have a question , is there a difference between the infrared signature of a sniper with a civilian in a city or village before or after he fired at the Apache ,. and if this infra red system have the ability of tracking several hundred people at the same time ?

any video of this???
بچه ها یه فیلم از تیراندازی با این سلاح هست خیلی باحاله اگه میشه لینکش رو بزارید چون من ارسالهام به 30 نرسیده.زنده باد ایرانی.

Sorry, no disrespect here. But I don't like the look and shape of this rifle. It looks too... Snorkley. Seems like it was made out of just one long pipe with some holes on the side. I wish the shape looked more liked the Beretta .50 Caliber. You know, so that it could cause some kind of psychological damage to enemies.

On the other hand, Caliber size is 14.5 mm!!! Holy smokes! This puppy can cut throws 12 inches of steel like butter!

Sorry, no disrespect here. But I don't like the look and shape of this rifle. It looks too... Snorkley. Seems like it was made out of just one long pipe with some holes on the side. I wish the shape looked more liked the Beretta .50 Caliber. You know, so that it could cause some kind of psychological damage to enemies.

On the other hand, Caliber size is 14.5 mm!!! Holy smokes! This puppy can cut throws 12 inches of steel like butter!

You know the enemy is not supposed to see the rifle at all . They are supposed to see the damage inflicted by it

Back
Top Bottom