What's new

Iranian cars ... Gonna buy if available?

we usually see products based on Scania and Volvo, in older day they used Mercedess Benz products . but probably its part of look to east policy and they are diversifying
As far as I know, Mercedes doesn't make a vehicle of this class. The longest coach made by Otokar is Doruk T, which is 10 meters
DORUK3.jpg
34_3_3s.jpg

Mercedes coaches are 12-14 meters, most commonly 13. Strangely we don't have any Volvo or Scania busses/coaches in Turkey, only Merceds. Although Scania Trucks are very common.

As far as I know, Mercedes doesn't make a vehicle of this class. The longest coach made by Otokar is Doruk T, which is 10 meters
DORUK3.jpg
34_3_3s.jpg

Mercedes coaches are 12-14 meters, most commonly 13. Strangely we don't have any Volvo or Scania busses/coaches in Turkey, only Merceds. Although Scania Trucks are very common.
once upon a time they were building model 309 which was building here by Iran Khodro Diesel
1280px-Mercedes-Benz_O_309_Mannheim_100_7663.jpg

they stop it and start build iveco and scania instead

once upon a time they were building model 309 which was building here by Iran Khodro Diesel

I checked that news..oghab industries had that deal in 2016...not sure if the deal was actually implemented or stopped after Trump canceled Jcpoa and put the sanctions back.

once upon a timed they were building model 309 which was building here by Iran Khodro Diesel

interesting, it reminds me of the time when Otokar was producing these:
2004-m-2000-otokar-sport-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Otokar M2000, in Turkey they are also known as Deutz or Magirus minibusses, some can still be seen in smaller cities.
I personally loved their engine sounds.

Otokar went on to producing their own indigenous designs and never looked back.
I checked that news..oghab industries had that deal in 2016...not sure if the deal was actually implemented or stopped after Trump canceled Jcpoa and put the sanctions back.
Otokar just sold the technology and that was the extent of the deal I think. I don't see how it could be effected by sanctions.

Last edited:
Otokar M2000, in Turkey they are also known as Deutz or Magirus minibusses, some can still be seen in smaller cities.
I personally loved their engine sounds.

Otokar went on to producing their own indigenous designs and never looked back.
just one year i used school transport and that was 6th grade , they used those minibuses and let just say the roof was too short for me and i had to bend
they were not comfortable at all

just one year i used school transport and that was 6th grade , they used those minibuses and let just say the roof was too short for me and i had to bend
they were not comfortable at all
Really? you had these in Iran?

I always hit my head in minibusses regardless of model, these at least had more seats so you could travel sitting down more often than not.
New ones are even more atrocious.

Fortunately, the rail network and bus network have reached a point that at least in İstanbul we rarely use minibusses now

Really? you had these in Iran?

I always hit my head in minibusses regardless of model, these at least had more seats so you could travel sitting down more often than not.
New ones are even more atrocious.

Fortunately, the rail network and bus network have reached a point that at least in İstanbul we rarely use minibusses now
i was talking about the benz minibuses

i was talking about the benz minibuses
Ah, we never had them, we had something even more shitty, behold, Peugeot J9
LTIwMDYpLmpwZw

Some iterations of this vehicle got produced well into 2010s by a company called Karsan. They aren't a very innovative company unfortunately. They always produced lower quality and cheaper products.

Ah, we never had them, we had something even more shitty, behold, Peugeot J9
LTIwMDYpLmpwZw

Some iterations of this vehicle got produced well into 2010s by a company called Karsan. They aren't a very innovative company unfortunately. They always produced lower quality and cheaper products.
some companies just need to be bought and merged into other companies

Great news :
Iran is on the road to 3 million autos/year production as promised by President Raisi...Significance of Auto production on economy is huge. Last year Iran was world's no 10 auto producer with just below 1 million (see graph) now we are going to pass Brazil soon if not already..next year target 1.6 million autos

Iran produced 1.3 million Autos last year
Autos_1.jpg

1678986679783.jpeg

راه اندازی خط تولید 2 خودرو جدید در سال 1402/ امسال 1.3 میلیون خودرو در کشور تولید شد​

سخنگوی وزارت صمت گفت: در سال جاری یک میلیون و سیصد هزار دستگاه خودرو در کشور تولید شد، برای سال آینده در نظر داریم که این رقم را به یک میلیون و ششصد هزار دستگاه برسانیم.
راه اندازی خط تولید 2 خودرو جدید در سال 1402/ امسال 1.3 میلیون خودرو در کشور تولید شد

Iranian Minister of Industry, Mine, and Trade Reza Fatemi Amin said that Iran and Belarus have signed an agreement for exports of some 45,000 Iranian cars to the country within three years.
Speaking to reporters after a cabinet session on Wednesday, Fatemi Amin noted that the agreement was worth $450 million.
https://en.otaghiranonline.ir/news/44550

Great news :
Iran is on the road to 3 million autos/year production as promised by President Raisi...Significance of Auto production on economy is huge. Last year Iran was world's no 10 auto producer with just below 1 million (see graph) now we are going to pass Brazil soon if not already..next year target 1.6 million autos

Iran produced 1.3 million Autos last year
View attachment 920604
View attachment 920603

راه اندازی خط تولید 2 خودرو جدید در سال 1402/ امسال 1.3 میلیون خودرو در کشور تولید شد​

سخنگوی وزارت صمت گفت: در سال جاری یک میلیون و سیصد هزار دستگاه خودرو در کشور تولید شد، برای سال آینده در نظر داریم که این رقم را به یک میلیون و ششصد هزار دستگاه برسانیم.
راه اندازی خط تولید 2 خودرو جدید در سال 1402/ امسال 1.3 میلیون خودرو در کشور تولید شد
1.3 million cars for 85 million people, probably not enough

Are commercial vehicles included? Is there a breakdown of which types of vehicles were produced the most?

1.3 million cars for 85 million people, probably not enough

Are commercial vehicles included? Is there a breakdown of which types of vehicles were produced the most?
1.3 million is all vehicles but Iran 's commercial side(buses, trucks,etc) is much smaller than the passenger vehicles...This year they finally allowed $ 1 billion dollars of auto imports untill they can ramp up to 1.6 million next year..Defence industry came to the help of auto industry to design in house airbags, ECUs etc to bypass the sanctions..production recovered as a result.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom