What's new

Iran to test domestically built S300

I recall the Americans and the West saying the same thing about the Chinese also, about them not being able to this and that.......over the years they patiently continued towards achievement..........

Isolation leads to progress in indigenous defence items and Iran is no different......the US seriously needs to look at its foreign policy

Iran may try to get chinese ft-2000 series and copy that for their s-300

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Iran may try to get chinese ft-2000 series and copy that for their s-300 series .

bleh, always trying to hype out certain issues; that they are indeed an economically advanced country, with technology that can match the West. This is all talk, the s300 is probably made out of Mud and Sticks and probably shoots out a Cannon like the we used during the revolutionary war in the 1700's..

/thread, don't believe the hype..

I'll believe it when I see it, if its like anything like your 4/5 generation Fighter Jets that you claim, I'm not surprised or your warship that can barely run, or your UAV capabilities that can out matches Israelis or the ones we have. It's definitely going to be a bust..

Mr Sam Uncle step back and wait. i do not want to reply to your garbage words which is not aimed to learn but you act like white house speakers. just remind you when Iran's UAV was spying your aircraft carrier in Persian Gulf you just found out after 20 minute, not with your tech but with human eyes and finally your warplane could not shoot-down Iran's UAV.
so please sh... up and wait to see Iran's s-300.
i apology non american members of forum if they felt i answered rude

yes we all can. but the question is how?? S300??.What did u say , america and Russia didnot get external help for their first time..good but sir can u expect a 6th grade student to pass engg exam no .he has to give himself time complete 10th,12th and the engg comes..
So how come a first timer iran directly jumps to S 300 in just 2 years time(as most recently u guys were asking russia for the system)..

I acknowledge that iran is a gr8 county but ahmedinejad has gone nuts these days he just opens his mouth and the its :taz::taz::hitwall::hitwall: In short he is makin iran a joke before the world community..

Iran is working on missile tech not for 2 years but for 25 years

Iran will now focus on spending their money on strengthing their own military industry. Russia was given the benefit of the doubt by Iran, but now the Iranians know Russia is not a friend as they said. It is beter for Iran to focus on China, because the Chinese do not backstab you as easy as the Russian.

as long as Iran has challenges with US it is better for Iran to rely on her. soon or late china will do same as Russia duo to US pressure.

I have no doubt about Iran's engineering capabilities but the nation is desperately in need of fresh technological input. China will be a good source for that.

Some Iranian engineers are as good as those US/Russian engineers that made the S300 systems.

If you have the technology in your hands you can reverse engineer everything. You just need money, time, good enigneers and the will to do it.

Iran has reversed engineerd a lot of weapons systems like S200 system, the Hawk system, Shahab Saqeb Surface-to-air missile Iran copy of the Chinese HQ-7 (FM-90) system, Ghareh Surface-to-air missile Iran upgraded copy of SA-5 Gammon, Toophan Anti-tank guided missile Iran Reverse engineered of early BGM-71A TOW missile, Toophan 2 Anti-tank guided missile Iran Reverse engineered US BGM-71C TOW, Saeghe 1 and 2 Anti-tank guided missile Iran reverse engineered M47 Dragon., etc.

Thats it friend...u have nailed it.to say that iranians have reverse engg it says the help of external ppl.Help cause u have been given s 300 to reverse engg it.

S 300 are not kalasnikovs to get in the black market.some gov of any other country may have given u guys S 300 and u reverse engg it.So u had external help !!!

Can someone elaborate why the S200 is obsolete ?

exactly and the iranian engineers can't do something that is done by european and please give a reason why ... anyone can judge their skill level that they can or cannot do ?

Would you fly in a plane knowing that S200 is below targeting your plane and if you will be safe 100% please state that ..

I know I will make sure I don't flow low or close to anything where any air defence is laid

Can someone elaborate why the S200 is obsolete ?

exactly and the iranian engineers can't do something that is done by european and please give a reason why ... anyone can judge their skill level that they can or cannot do ?

Would you fly in a plane knowing that S200 is below targeting your plane and if you will be safe 100% please state that ..

I know I will make sure I don't flow low or close to anything where any air defence is laid

It was designed in the 60s to destroy bombers. The chance it has the capability to hit a jet fighter let alone one with a modern counter measure system is very unlikely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom