What's new

Iran to test domestically built S300

wow. iran was denied the S300 by russia, and suddenly they gonna "test" their own version.:what:
well ...good luck with that.

Iranian capability is nowhere near Russia,no they cant build it

We need to wait and see if they really can do it.

But I still think that the Russians secretly exported the S300 to Iran. Because it is really weird that the Russians sold their nucleaire technology to them which is much more dangerous than any other weapons system and now they do not want to export some defensive missile systems.

am i the only one who believes Iran can no way develop such a technology with out any foreign help ... !!!

am i the only one who believes Iran can no way develop such a technology with out any foreign help ... !!!

They've done very well considering the sanctions, but I think this is beyond them right now. Iran has a history of announcing "vaporware" in an effort to project an image of strength beyond what it truly has. Evey day, there's an announcement like "The new Stealth fighter will soon fly."

That's not to say their power is trivial, but technologically, they're not there yet.

We need to wait and see if they really can do it.

But I still think that the Russians secretly exported the S300 to Iran. Because it is really weird that the Russians sold their nucleaire technology to them which is much more dangerous than any other weapons system and now they do not want to export some defensive missile systems.

First of all i would to mention that in Iran nuclear technology only Busher reactor had Russian help to built up. other parts of Iran's nuclear technologies all are indigenous without help and cooperation with second parts. Iran economy and technology in most aspects is working parallel , because Iran is not sure for long term cooperation from other sides duo to US pressure. it is obvious when Iran ordered it to Russian at same time they were working on their on domestic system. it is happening for nuclear reactor as well. and Russian knows if more delay in Busher reactor maybe soon or late Iran will unveiling home made reactor.

question is here, why do you think only Russian and US can build such a system? did they get help when they built at first time? if they could why not Iran or Pak or other countries can not. the most important thing we need is believe ourselves. we all can.

They've done very well considering the sanctions, but I think this is beyond them right now. Iran has a history of announcing "vaporware" in an effort to project an image of strength beyond what it truly has. Evey day, there's an announcement like "The new Stealth fighter will soon fly."

That's not to say their power is trivial, but technologically, they're not there yet.

i remember when Iran announced about satellite lunch, at first time we had same story here, most of people did not believe that. so i just recommend wait and see Irani version of s-300 will fly very soon. i hope it works as well as Russian but even it wont work that good i guess still is big progress.

bleh, always trying to hype out certain issues; that they are indeed an economically advanced country, with technology that can match the West. This is all talk, the s300 is probably made out of Mud and Sticks and probably shoots out a Cannon like the we used during the revolutionary war in the 1700's..

/thread, don't believe the hype..

I'll believe it when I see it, if its like anything like your 4/5 generation Fighter Jets that you claim, I'm not surprised or your warship that can barely run, or your UAV capabilities that can out matches Israelis or the ones we have. It's definitely going to be a bust..

Iran already builds radars locally and its software associated with older radars, to upgrade that to S300 level is nothing new ....

They have R&D in universities and also they already have good software engineering background similar to Germany

So there is no suprise , once you build a radar to modify it to track multiple targets is a technical challenge but if you put 2000-3000 engineers on problem its doable ....

Just needs funding and time trial and error

question is here, why do you think only Russian and US can build such a system? did they get help when they built at first time? if they could why not Iran or Pak or other countries can not. the most important thing we need is believe ourselves. we all can.

yes we all can. but the question is how?? S300??.What did u say , america and Russia didnot get external help for their first time..good but sir can u expect a 6th grade student to pass engg exam no .he has to give himself time complete 10th,12th and the engg comes..
So how come a first timer iran directly jumps to S 300 in just 2 years time(as most recently u guys were asking russia for the system)..

I acknowledge that iran is a gr8 county but ahmedinejad has gone nuts these days he just opens his mouth and the its :taz::taz::hitwall::hitwall: In short he is makin iran a joke before the world community..

yes we all can. but the question is how?? S300??.What did u say , america and Russia didnot get external help for their first time..good but sir can u expect a 6th grade student to pass engg exam no .he has to give himself time complete 10th,12th and the engg comes..
So how come a first timer iran directly jumps to S 300 in just 2 years time(as most recently u guys were asking russia for the system)..

I acknowledge that iran is a gr8 county but ahmedinejad has gone nuts these days he just opens his mouth and the its :taz::taz::hitwall::hitwall: In short he is makin iran a joke before the world community..

Some Iranian engineers are as good as those US/Russian engineers that made the S300 systems.

If you have the technology in your hands you can reverse engineer everything. You just need money, time, good enigneers and the will to do it.

Iran has reversed engineerd a lot of weapons systems like S200 system, the Hawk system, Shahab Saqeb Surface-to-air missile Iran copy of the Chinese HQ-7 (FM-90) system, Ghareh Surface-to-air missile Iran upgraded copy of SA-5 Gammon, Toophan Anti-tank guided missile Iran Reverse engineered of early BGM-71A TOW missile, Toophan 2 Anti-tank guided missile Iran Reverse engineered US BGM-71C TOW, Saeghe 1 and 2 Anti-tank guided missile Iran reverse engineered M47 Dragon., etc.

Russia could have sold them an S-300 throught a third party, like Belarus or Kazakhstan (the common practice in this cases). But they definitely obtained some. Also, the recent cancellation does not mean that Russia supports US policies, but because it benefited them either politically or economically. The lift on sanctions on russian arms exporters and the deals with Israel are an example.

Russia could have sold them an S-300 throught a third party, like Belarus or Kazakhstan (the common practice in this cases). But they definitely obtained some. Also, the recent cancellation does not mean that Russia supports US policies, but because it benefited them either politically or economically. The lift on sanctions on russian arms exporters and the deals with Israel are an example.

Iran will now focus on spending their money on strengthing their own military industry. Russia was given the benefit of the doubt by Iran, but now the Iranians know Russia is not a friend as they said. It is beter for Iran to focus on China, because the Chinese do not backstab you as easy as the Russian.

Back
Top Bottom