What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

Iranian missiles are better.

There not, and that’s especially the case when Precision Strike Missile enters service next year. The Army is buying 4,000 of those. Iran is nowhere near as capable as the US in microelectronics.

There not, and that’s especially the case when Precision Strike Missile enters service next year. The Army is buying 4,000 of those. Iran is nowhere near as capable as the US in microelectronics.

Wow an expensive, arguably less capable system, Raad-500 blows this out of the water with cost-per-unit and flexibility. Iran having less experience in microelectronics doesn't hold much water when Iran has regularly attained 5-10 meter CEP for quite a few years now, just ask anyone at Ain Al Asad how their headaches are doing, looks like those missiles hit what they were looking for.

If you need a refresher.

1200x0.jpg

Let's not jump to conclusion for their every claim, Russia has been looking for Iranian drones at least since 2016.
Well Washington Post was right about the drones, so I think I can give them a bit more trust since I was also proven wrong. I didn't expect those deliveries to occur. Realistically speaking, you also know that Russia is in need for these shorter range ballistic missiles.

Wow an expensive, arguably less capable system, Raad-500 blows this out of the water with cost-per-unit and flexibility. Iran having less experience in microelectronics doesn't hold much water when Iran has regularly attained 5-10 meter CEP for quite a few years now, just ask anyone at Ain Al Asad how their headaches are doing, looks like those missiles hit what they were looking for.

If you need a refresher.

1200x0.jpg
He didn’t say they weren’t capable, he said they weren’t as capable as America, no one’s knocking their capabilities.

Useful infographic from MSAI
Interesting they put Dezful on that map. Perhaps they have some insider information. Dezful would be logical.

A few hundred Fateh-110s which should be very do-able can be transferred to Russia to plug their BM missile gap.They need to conserve their high-end stockpiles for emergencies. After all, this Fateh-110 was first made in 1990, and so it's numbers should be very high, being a relatively simple design.

1665973434192.png

Well Washington Post was right about the drones, so I think I can give them a bit more trust since I was also proven wrong. I didn't expect those deliveries to occur. Realistically speaking, you also know that Russia is in need for these shorter range ballistic missiles.

Russia has had to abide by the INF treaty for the past 30 years, but Iran hasn't. So this relationship makes sense. Iran, China and to a lesser extent North Korea have been at the forefront of precision guided BMs these past decades, with Iran owning the rare privilege of having the only combat tested missiles in service.

Russia has had to abide by the INF treaty for the past 30 years, but Iran hasn't. So this relationship makes sense. Iran, China and to a lesser extent North Korea have been at the forefront of precision guided BMs these past decades, with Iran owning the rare privilege of having the only combat tested missiles in service.
We can now see the consequences of signing agreements with the United States especially in military matters. For anything beyond 500km, they have to use Kalibr CM's which can be intercepted with the systems Ukraine has today, but intercepting a IR Zolfaqar will be very difficult without PAC-2/3's systems which they will need. Now Russia has zero BMs in this range group and they need something that can be effective 90%+ of the time.

US is unlikely to give PAC-2/3 for the simple reason that their aren't that many of them, they need more interceptors for themselves, and they also have a massive backlog for Taiwan that desperately needs them. Unless the US gives heir own stock away (which they won't) and leave their other allies vulnerable, delivery will be very unlikely. Saudi Arabia also has large demands for more interceptors having spent most of them already.

What could happen is that the US can re-purchase the PAC-2/3's they sold to other countries. We will see. Otherwise, Ukrainian cities will be defenseless.

Interesting they put Dezful on that map. Perhaps they have some insider information. Dezful would be logical.

A few hundred Fateh-110s which should be very do-able can be transferred to Russia to plug their BM missile gap.They need to conserve their high-end stockpiles for emergencies. After all, this Fateh-110 was first made in 1990, and so it's numbers should be very high, being a relatively simple design.

View attachment 887188

The Pentagon estimates Irans ballistic missile inventory at 3,000. I doubt Iran can supply more than a few hundred to Russia. It’s not nearly enough to be decisive.

The Pentagon estimates Irans ballistic missile inventory at 3,000. I doubt Iran can supply more than a few hundred to Russia. It’s not nearly enough to be decisive.
I am personally skeptical of this number, after so many years of production, but alas I can't prove otherwise. I am also unsure of how the US classifies ballistic missiles, do they consider 300km class guided missile to be a BM? They do not consider their own missiles in this range class to be ballistic missiles. So I am curious if their 3000 number is only for vertically launched missiles that exceed X range

For the Fateh-110 is it a relatively simple system, it's production is not difficult and engine not complex, and body simply made out of HS steal. I don't see any issues with suppling 200-300 of them. Useful for initial shock against infrastructure, People are already surprised about the large quantities of UAS that will be supplied to Russia and I think the same applies here. Afterall, this missile has been in service/production for 30+ years now.

I am personally skeptical of this number, after so many years of production, but alas I can't prove otherwise. I am also unsure of how the US classifies ballistic missiles, do they consider 300km class guided missile to be a BM? They do not consider their own missiles in this range class to be ballistic missiles. So I am curious if their 3000 number is only for vertically launched missiles that exceed X range

For the Fateh-110 is it a relatively simple system, it's production is not difficult and engine not complex, and body simply made out of HS steal. I don't see any issues with suppling 200-300 of them. Useful for initial shock against infrastructure, People are already surprised about the large quantities of UAS that will be supplied to Russia and I think the same applies here. Afterall, this missile has been in service/production for 30+ years now.

I’d say it’s pretty accurate. Not even Chinas arsenal is much larger. I’d say a few hundred at best is all Iran can supply.

And if these are supplied it’s open season on all of Russias bases in Crimea with ATACMS.

I’d say a few hundred at best is all Iran can supply.
I think something like 200 of X type, 50 of Y type etc... and maybe some other models they want Russia to test for them in tiny quantities. A few hundred as you state. Iran will likely be careful not to create vulnerabilities for itself by giving too much
Not even Chinas arsenal is much larger.
Do you really believe this? When China is building 3 aircraft carriers simultaneously. I think we should be realistic about the size of Chinese industry.
And if these are supplied it’s open season on all of Russias bases in Crimea with ATACMS.
I think this would be logical, but you never know with Biden inside the WH. He may not. But might acquire some Patriots for them instead.

View attachment 887188
Man Dezful is the death knell, RIP Ukraine

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom