What's new

Iran successfully produces a new generation of the Tomcat F-14

Take a chill pill , drink some cold water and accept the fact that your Air Force won't last more than 24 hours in the sky against USAF. Its a fact you can't deny and a fact that has unwavering implications on your country's security.

I don't support Israel or the US and their plans to establish hegemony in our countries , rather my post was strictly technical with a possible air to air combat with USAF or IAF in mind. Don't drag Pakistan or Turkey or other irrelevant topic in.

He was agreeing with you :) Iran knows they cant beat USrael in the air at this moment, therefore their focus is air defense, etc. Common sense and smartly used resources.

That said, Iran allocates a small budged to keep fighters in operating condition, as well as slowly but steadily upgrading them and developing indigenous fighters. Just because their outdated air-force arent that useful against US, doesnt mean they arent useful at all :)

=Aeronaut;3331110]Take a chill pill , drink some cold water and accept the fact that your Air Force won't last more than 24 hours in the sky against USAF. Its a fact you can't deny and a fact that has unwavering implications on your country's security.

Can you please also point out Air force in the World that can stand up to USAF right now but i can point out one nation that's is ignoring that and standing up for herself.

I don't support Israel or the US and their plans to establish hegemony in our countries , rather my post was strictly technical with a possible air to air combat with USAF or IAF in mind. Don't drag Pakistan or Turkey or other irrelevant topic in.

No you don't support Israel and USA but you do support the GCC Nation's that do.

Generally speaking, Iran indeed leading in science and technology over the Arabs and not to far off from Israel. I have to say that lack of funds and being a developing country makes it a bit challenging to compete.

@ Topic:
There are 2 things a country's Air Force needs to keep in mind when getting prepared for a war. 1) Quality? or 2) Quantity ?

Since Iran has: F-16?, Mig-29s, F-14s, F-5s, Azarkash (indigenous), Shahfaqh (indigenous), Mirage F-1, F-7PGs, Mig-27s, SU-25s, 1000s of SAMs, it looks as if quantity is indeed the decision.

Can you please also point out Air force in the World that can stand up to USAF right now but i can point out one nation that's is ignoring that and standing up for herself.

No you don't support Israel and USA but you do support the GCC Nation's that do.

-113-.gif

He was agreeing with you :) Iran knows they cant beat USrael in the air at this moment, therefore their focus is air defense, etc. Common sense and smartly used resources.

That said, Iran allocates a small budged to keep fighters in operating condition, as well as slowly but steadily upgrading them and developing indigenous fighters. Just because their outdated air-force arent that useful against US, doesnt mean they arent useful at all :)

Well good luck because not spending enough money has put you in a position where IRIAF will get wiped out in matter of hours and that equals a no fly zone if you know what that means. I don't even know who the hell has been calling the shots for IRIAF for last 20 or so years.

Why you simply didn't buy the Su-27 Flankers????

Well good luck because not spending enough money has put you in a position where IRIAF will get wiped out in matter of hours and that equals a no fly zone if you know what that means. I don't even know who the hell has been calling the shots for IRIAF for last 20 or so years.

Harry Thomason is not Iranian... He is just a friend of Iran.... :coffee:

No war will happen ! Enjoy your coffee :coffee:

Aeronaut you are better than this ! IRAN is a sanctioned country

Just one way : self sufficient

No war will happen ! Enjoy your coffee :coffee:

Aeronaut you are better than this ! IRAN is a sanctioned country

Just one way : self sufficient

I hope , Iranian high command is not as naive as you are. What self sufficiency are you talking about , you think cheap F-5 rip offs can establish air defense deterrent ? - good luck with that !

My point being , Iran way before sanctions should have bought Flankers , imagine if you had 300 of them in your inventory. Any invasion force would have been made to think a 100 times before coming into your air space.

"put you in a position" - me? :undecided: :) I dont know why Iran havent bought Su-27, probably because Russians havent sold them? They sold MIG-29, which Iran did bought.

What concerns Iran's indigenous efforts, lets say they went full-out on developing 4-5 gen. fighters, they would still be behind US in technology, they would still have vastly lesser numbers than US with NATO.

So what do Iran gains from focusing on the losing air battle? Almost nothing, while they would miss out on all the other areas, where resources would be actually well spend.

Common sense. If fighter costs hundreds of millions, while missile to destroy them - hundreds of thousands, whats better defensive measure? It makes vastly more sense to focus on Bavar-373 and all other technologies (anti-ship, Sejil, etc), than on half-baked 5th gen. fighter. USAF would have air superiority either way, but with SAMs Iran could actually do something about it.

I think most nationals agree the Iranian air force is staunchly and dangerously outdated and weak, especially compared to other regional air forces. This is just a matter of fact and not point, we can debate why this circumstance exist but what we cannot debate is that the circumstance is there--and that is the Iranian air force is dangerously weak. Seriously it's something we don't even like to talk about because it's an obvious and painful fact we wish not to rub into the faces of our Iranian counterparts.

I think Pakistan may want to look into exporting the JF-17 to Iran, it will help to bolster their aerial defense signficantly.

The US knows all too well that it cannot attack Iran without suffering dire casualties in other arenas, hence why Israel is now beating the drums of attacking Iran, knowing full well that for any successful attack it will require the use of the US. But again, like 9/11 it will drag the US into another War needlessly

The US knows all too well about Vietnam. If they attack Iran, they will most likely win any forward confrontation, however Iran will make the US loose twn fold in Afghanistan with the body count mounting rapidly, hell even Pakistan may take that opportunity and arm the Taliban with very good tech to penetrate Abrams, and shoot down helicopters in the hope that the US will always blame Iran, or even China, in order to get the US to leave the region.

The US risks opening up a front it cannot contain, maintain or govern, hence the apprehension and need to get to 2014 for a withdrawal, but that may be too late for Iran to build a nuke, which I believe is their right. Especially when the US has thousands, and provided Israel with them and is the only country in the world to have used them knowingly killing INNOCENT UNARMED CIVILIANS.............. Not in much of a position to dictate to others now.......

This plane will give Iranians a good level of foundation level knowledge about plane manufacturng and inshallah the next few planes will be easier to design and build for Iranian researchers and engineers.

I think Pakistan may want to look into exporting the JF-17 to Iran, it will help to bolster their aerial defense signficantly.

Pakistan cant due to UNSC resolutions, same as everyone else. Thats why buying fighters for Iran is not an option under sanctions. However in Iran's place I would buy blueprints under the table of many technologies it could use, but then again - its a big risk for the seller, and we have no idea what Iran bought and what it cant buy no matter the price. Its easy to say "Iran should buy this and that", its harder to do it.

I think most nationals agree the Iranian air force is staunchly and dangerously outdated and weak, especially compared to other regional air forces. This is just a matter of fact and not point, we can debate why this circumstance exist but what we cannot debate is that the circumstance is there--and that is the Iranian air force is dangerously weak. Seriously it's something we don't even like to talk about because it's an obvious and painful fact we wish not to rub into the faces of our Iranian counterparts.

FC-1 !? no thanks
-2-10-.gif

Pakistan cant due to UNSC resolutions, same as everyone else. Thats why buying fighters for Iran is not an option under sanctions. However in Iran's place I would buy blueprints under the table of many technologies it could use, but then again - its a big risk for the seller, and we have no idea what Iran bought and what it cant buy no matter the price. Its easy to say "Iran should buy this and that", its harder to do it.

Yes you're right I forgot about the UNSC sanctions...

Back
Top Bottom