What's new

Iran Starts Mass Production of Home-Made Fighter Jet (Saeqeh)

Dominance

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Jet fighter 'Saeqeh' in mass production

Tehran, Jan 7, IRNA – Air Force spokesman said on Wednesday that mass production of Iranian made jet fighter, Saeqeh, is underway.

81455491-6189822.jpg

Brigadier-General Hossein Chitforoush told IRNA's defense correspondent that the mass production of the jet fighter has been inaugurated.

He said that Saeqeh ( lightening) jet double-cab was unveiled last year and its squadrons were formed and the plane is constantly passing its evolution process.

Considering its capabilities, military experts call Saeqeh similar to Fighter F-18 .

Fighter-bomber Saeqeh successfully undertook mission on September 2006 in a war game and officially joined the Air Force jets.

Saeqeh fighter-bomber is able to carry different types of rockets, bombs and missiles with advanced radar-evading system.

Fire Control Radar is type of Phazotron-NIIR N019 and N019 Radar made by Phazotron, known as Baaz, is able in TWS situation recognizes 10 aerial targets from 80 kilometers and fire two targets simultaneously.

Ability of the radar has been evaluated equal to RDM radar (Radar Doppler Multi-target) made by Thomson CSF used in Mirage-2000H.

Last edited:

Tehran, Jan 7, IRNA – Air Force spokesman said on Wednesday that mass production of Iranian made jet fighter, Saeqeh, is underway.

81455491-6189822.jpg

Brigadier-General Hossein Chitforoush told IRNA's defense correspondent that the mass production of the jet fighter has been inaugurated.

He said that Saeqeh ( lightening) jet double-cab was unveiled last year and its squadrons were formed and the plane is constantly passing its evolution process.

Considering its capabilities, military experts call Saeqeh similar to Fighter F-18 .

Fighter-bomber Saeqeh successfully undertook mission on September 2006 in a war game and officially joined the Air Force jets.

Saeqeh fighter-bomber is able to carry different types of rockets, bombs and missiles with advanced radar-evading system.

Fire Control Radar is type of Phazotron-NIIR N019 and N019 Radar made by Phazotron, known as Baaz, is able in TWS situation recognizes 10 aerial targets from 80 kilometers and fire two targets simultaneously.

Ability of the radar has been evaluated equal to RDM radar (Radar Doppler Multi-target) made by Thomson CSF used in Mirage-2000H.

I thought the radars were made in Iran. So it is coming from Russia?

81455491-6189822.jpg

This fighter is old and they stopped producing it.

The new one is called the Shafaq which is supposed to replace the old F-4's

This fighter is old and they stopped producing it.

The new one is called the Shafaq which is supposed to replace the old F-4's
He is stil talking about the Saeqeh, not the Shafaq which did not go beyond the project stage, not even tested in flight.
it is a new Saeqeh, meaning a better one somehow, but the main point is that it is going to be mass produced and adapted to Iranian air defence needs.

Guys this Russian radar the no19 is sucks I've read about it it is sucks. Plus it is so heavy for the range it detects a target.

at least 350 kilo gram versus the klj-7 the chinese radar for jf-17 around 100 kilo gram for a 120 km.

Guys this Russian radar the no19 is sucks I've read about it it is sucks. Plus it is so heavy for the range it detects a target.

at least 350 kilo gram versus the klj-7 the chinese radar for jf-17 around 100 kilo gram for a 120 km.

Old article !

the project is near finalization . but i think we going to see Qaher 313 before Saeqeh

What is the point of saegheh when F-313 is almost ready !?

& when ?

F-18 without BVR?
you know what does BVR stands for right ? Beyond visual range .

now you tell me , how in god's creation 80km is WVR ? in my fact book its far deep into BVR territory .

Bro , N019 has a lot of variations one of them being N019M1 which is used in Mig-29 SMT .

its a relatively advanced radar depending on its variations . as of now , we don't now which version iran incorporates .

what we know is that they are definitely RE version cause we insist on indigenous production .

What is the point of saegheh when F-313 is almost ready !?
& when ?
when you see it you will understand the point .
timing can not be said we have Ruhabi ... ..........
last administration was to quick to unveil unfinished project and this administration which never shows anything . so with regard to timing your guess is as good as mine

Saeqeh is support aircraft .it for supporting ground troops and bombing
but Qaher is for air superiority infiltration air defending ++++++

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom