What's new

Is India really capable of building a 5th gen fighter

North Korea, Iran have no choice but design things in isolation. I never said they were better :enjoy:

There is only limited ToT for Su-30

Define "limited".

We build the Saturn AL-31 from raw materials in India. Su-30 Mki has more than 43,000 components or spare parts and 90% of them is manufactured by HAL and its suppliers.

HAL has localized 90% of the spare parts So HAL can overhaul Su-30 locally with local spare parts.

I think we only import the IRST and Radar primarily.

THIS is the DRDO IRST for LCA Mk2 and possibly for AMCA and reportedly has far better specs than the one on SU30 MKI.

42tx8b7by3s81.jpg

That's why I uploaded this pic here to understand the capabilities India poses at the moment, I hope its not offtopic
Nah it's completely fine, ghatak ucav is closely related to amca program.

Our research on stealth materials and serpentine intake started with the ghatak program,

Last edited:
Nah it's completely fine, ghatak ucav is closely related to amca program.

Our research on stealth materials and serpentine intake started with the ghatak program,
To engine ki jaga modi ka pichwara lagao gay ?

Nah, it would be your burning a$$.

Please refrain from posting on this thread if you don't have anything productive to add, if you wanna ask questions be my guest, but if you just want to pick fights, then please leave
Bhai engine kidher se ayee ga russia ya USA?

Bhai engine kidher se ayee ga russia ya USA?
US F414 on AMCA and Kaveri on ghatack ucav.

Please read my original post, there I have said that India has most of the critical technologies but there are still some gaps that need to be filled and engine is one of them.
Please go and read the last part of my original post

Define "limited".

We build the Saturn AL-31 from raw materials in India. Su-30 Mki has more than 43,000 components or spare parts and 90% of them is manufactured by HAL and its suppliers.

HAL has localized 90% of the spare parts So HAL can overhaul Su-30 locally with local spare parts.

I think we only import the IRST and Radar primarily.

THIS is the DRDO IRST for LCA Mk2 and possibly for AMCA and reportedly has far better specs than the one on SU30 MKI.

Critical metallurgy for the engines is not given by Russia. The IRST and AESA radar will have foreign components for now

I do not think India can make a MiG-21 from scratch without foreign help. My comment is kind of meaningless because India can purchase a much better aircraft than MiG-21 on the international market

Critical metallurgy for the engines is not given by Russia. The IRST and AESA radar will have foreign components for now

I do not think India can make a MiG-21 from scratch without foreign help. My comment is kind of meaningless because India can purchase a much better aircraft than MiG-21 on the international market
Metals alloys that go into the al31 engine are produced here in india by midhani, we might not know the know why but we know the know how, we can make a al31 engine here in india even if russia decides to sanction us.

what foreign component does uttam use, because as far as i know only early prototype (GaAs ones) used some critical foreign content, signal processors to be exact which is now replaced with indigenious one in the GaN based production variant.
As of now uttam is 95% indigenous hardware wise and 90% indigenious value wise.
If you are making a claim atleast have the decency to provide some credible proof to back your claim

indian irst program is not very public in nature and there is very low amount of news regarding the program, i don't know how did you came to the conclusion that
irst has foreign content there is no news that denies or proves this allegation,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom