What's new

Iran says will hit Hormuz, US bases, Israel if attacked

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TEHRAN: The head of Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guards on Sunday warned of retaliation against the Gulf’s strategic Straits of Hormuz, US bases in the Middle East and Israel if his country was to be attacked.

General Mohammad Ali Jafari, speaking in a very rare news conference in Tehran, also said that he believed Iran would abandon the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty should it be targeted for military action. The warnings underlined the high tensions surrounding Iran and its disputed nuclear programme, which Israel has threatened it could seek to disrupt with air strikes, with or without US help.

Jafari said the Straits of Hormuz, the narrow channel at the entrance of the Gulf through which a third of the world’s traded oil passes, would be a legitimate target for Iran should it be attacked.

“This is a declared policy by Iran that if war occurs in the region and the Islamic republic is involved, it is natural that the Straits of Hormuz as well as the energy (market) will face difficulties,” he said. Jafari suggested that US military bases — such as those in Bahrain, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia — would also be fair game for retaliation by Iranian missiles or proxy forces. “The US has many vulnerabilities around Iran, and its bases are within the range of the Guards’ missiles. We have other capabilities as well, particularly when it comes to the support of Muslims for the Islamic republic,” he said.

He added that Tehran believed Israel was unsuccessfully trying to push the United States to take part in military action against Iran’s nuclear facilities. “I do not think the attack would be carried out without US permission,” he said. However if Israeli jets or missiles did strike Iran, “nothing of Israel will be left, considering its size,” he warned. “I do not think any part of Israel will be untouched given our missile capabilities. Thus, our response (warning of annihilatory retaliation) is in itself a deterrent.”

“In case of an attack, Iran’s obligations will change. My assessment is that Iran may leave the NPT — but it would not mean a dash towards a nuclear bomb because we have a religious edict from the supreme leader” against atomic weapons, he said.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is confident the world will come round to see “the wisdom” of his insistence on laying down “red lines” for Iran over its nuclear drive, he said in an interview published Sunday.

Speaking to the English-language Jerusalem Post newspaper, Netanyahu said he would not stop pushing for the international community to lay down red lines for Iran, which if crossed, would spark a harsh response — a veiled reference to a military strike, he told the right-leaning daily.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Iran Threatens to Block Oil Shipments, as U.S. Prepares Sanctions
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/w...ute-if-embargo-is-imposed.html?pagewanted=all

Iran threatens to stop Gulf oil flow if West sets new sanctions

Iran defiant as EU imposes oil embargo
Iran defiant as EU imposes oil embargo - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

EU imposes Iran oil embargo
EU imposes Iran oil embargo - Los Angeles Times

EU Iran sanctions: Ministers adopt Iran oil imports ban
BBC News - EU Iran sanctions: Ministers adopt Iran oil imports ban

EU imposed Iran oil embargo on member states: Italian ambassador
EU imposed Iran oil embargo on member states: Italian ambassador - Tehran Times

Factbox: EU sanctions on Iran
Factbox: EU sanctions on Iran | Reuters

Iran's president admits sanctions pose 'problems' for oil sales
Iran's president admits sanctions pose 'problems' for oil sales | Oil | Platts

Swallow your words back :enjoy:

I remember you were the one of the Iranians who was blabbering in the forum on sanctions and Iran response to sanctions :blah: :blah: :blah:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/w...ute-if-embargo-is-imposed.html?pagewanted=all

I remember you were the one of the Iranians who was blabbering in the forum on sanctions and Iran response to sanctions :blah: :blah: :blah:

Robert Mordak propaganda ??? :coffee:

It seems you dont understand what Iran is saying. They claim if their oil exports are 100% blocked, then Iran blocks Strait. Or if war starts - the same effect. Iran wont block Strait while they can export to Asia just fine.

Fella it is a complex chess game , both side try to impose their will on the other side that's the whole story and in this battle you need to be careful with steps you choose one mistake could destroys all your achievements the point is our centrifuges are spinning and that is what we need to piss Uncle Sam off besides yes we said it that we do such thing but remember they have been threatening us at least for 10 years that if you don't suspend your nuclear activities then their will be a coming war but what's happened so far ? nothing how many links do you want? ... furthermore in fact we use this strait to export and import our shipments why should we shut it down ? Iran says it would do it IF it wasn't be able to trade or sell its oil and so forth , a thing that hasn't happened yet .

you are misunderstanding the aim by tools that are utilized to achieve the aim .

Fella it is a complex chess game , both side try to impose their will on the other side that's the whole story and in this battle you need to be careful with steps you choose one mistake could destroys all your achievements the point is our centrifuges are spinning and that is what we need to piss Uncle Sam off besides yes we said it that we do such thing but remember they have been threatening us at least for 10 years that if you don't suspend your nuclear activities then their will be a coming war but what's happened so far ? nothing how many links do you want? ... furthermore in fact we use this strait to export and import our shipments why should we shut it down ? Iran says it would do it IF it wasn't be able to trade or sell its oil and so forth , a thing that hasn't happened yet .

you are misunderstanding the aim by tools that are utilized to achieve the aim .

Raptor;

I appreciate your comment, you seem to be one of the Iranian members in this from I can discuss the issues like human being.

You are right, every country plays such games, that is normal and there are different purposes to play. It is so obvious the stance of Iran on the sanctions is to discourage and dissuade the countries who impose the sanction on Iran. My objection here is that those big words cannot help you but weaken your deterrence and persuasiveness in the international arena. In Turkiye, Erdogan did same mistakes he talked big words but did nothing. Anyway, I am gonna post a video is showing an owl which transforms into different form when it sees other owls which are bigger and stronger than it. it is just good example to see when a country perceives a threat how she reacts although she is not that strong. Iran is that owl (just keep this in mind and watch)

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran was so-called gonna block the strait of Hormuz if the sanctions imposed by EU. :blah: :blah: :blah:

They talk the talk but can't walk the walk ... this is might be the five hundreds after thousands

It seems you dont understand what Iran is saying. They claim if their oil exports are 100% blocked, then Iran blocks Strait. Or if war starts - the same effect. Iran wont block Strait while they can export to Asia just fine.

You are saying Iran claimed if the west imposes sanctions and blocks her all oil exports then Iran would block the strait of Hormuz!!!

You are really pathetic, how is that possible to block all Iran`s oil experts by the west??? EU said only she will impose the sanctions and stop buying oil from Iran and EU did not say anything that she will block all Iran`s oil expert (I am sure you even did not read the articles I posted)

I also clearly remember (and nosource mentions Iran says she will shut down the Hormuz if 100% blockage on oil experts occur ) when EU declared that she would impose new sanction by reducing the oil imports from Iran, your high ranking politicians and commanders said that if that happens Iran will block the Hormuz. Your one of the commander even told blocking the Hormuz will be like sipping a tea for Iran.

Be a man and stand behind your words and don`t shake up like a bellydancer.

Unless there is a real change in the situation...do we really need to post every threat to do exactly the same as the last ten?

You are saying Iran claimed if the west imposes sanctions and blocks her all oil exports then Iran would block the strait of Hormuz!!!

You are really pathetic, how is that possible to block all Iran`s oil experts by the west??? EU said only she will impose the sanctions and stop buying oil from Iran and EU did not say anything that she will block all Iran`s oil expert (I am sure you even did not read the articles I posted)

I also clearly remember (and nosource mentions Iran says she will shut down the Hormuz if 100% blockage on oil experts occur ) when EU declared that she would impose new sanction by reducing the oil imports from Iran, your high ranking politicians and commanders said that if that happens Iran will block the Hormuz. Your one of the commander even told blocking the Hormuz will be like sipping a tea for Iran.

He means an oil embargo on Iran,which in that case,officially mean declaring war on Iran.

I point is Hurmoz is a water way that Iran use to export her oil as well. Iran repeatedly said if for any external reason Iran can not export her oil, ( west sanction or war). Iran wont let any one else use srait of Hurmoz. now west do not buy Iran oil but if they increase peruser on other coutries like japan, korea, india,... it is equal to bocking the Hurmoz by Iran. everybody is familiar with diplomatic language knows Iran have not change her word.
some one say Iran talk but can not walk, I am warning you, if Iran walks you are the fist under her foot.

The best way of taking full advantage of a bargaining chip or a threat is you never ever use it , as long as this treat works and keeps oil prices high and could cover the bucks we lose due to the sanctions we'll use it . we are not who that should be ashamed of themselves therefore be sure when time is ripe in the fullness of time without any hesitation we won't act as a owl . you know if one tenth of these sanctions resolutions threats were directed to another country be certain it wouldn't resist for a month but look at us after 10 years they still talk about new sanctions .. why? 'cause previous ones didn't work . they need a pretext to wage a war and justify their madness why should we give them such a gift? we use threat but we don't bring it in practice till we really need it .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom