What's new

‘Iran respects all divine religions’

Status
Not open for further replies.
daste shoma dard nakone.khob tike bra chi?kami shafaf tar bayan koni behtere

@hamed
manam az to ham nazi taram

Az dastam narahat nashi kollang jan, chon manzoori nadashtam, faghat shookhi kardam. Akhe baram jaleb bood ke in hame vazheye sakhto dorost neveshti ama hamed ro ba he do cheshm neveshti xD

Not that I support Bahai's prosecution,but Isn't it right that in some western countries they also prosecute the ones who deny holocaust?That's not any better.People have a right in not believing holocaust or even denying it,whether it has been actually happened or not.

I'm for free speech and free debate in every case. As soon as one thing is banned, it's the thin end of the wedge: the argument can be widened to include more and more things. In the Netherlands, Hitler's book "Mijn Kampf" is banned, and the argument has been made -- by a very influential and effluential national politician -- that the Quran should be banned on the same basis.

When the state starts to decide which ideas are no good, or which religions are no good, it's always bad, and can lead to worse

There's a nice example of "Iran respects all religions" on the Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA) today, at:

ht tp://ww w.hranews.info/1389-01-27-05-24-07/12816-1.html

It's in Persian. Briefly, it says that Samin Ehsani, a Bahai activist for children’s rights, has been sentenced to five years in prison. She was charged with propaganda against the regime, acts against national security, and de facto membership of the Bahai community. She engaged in teaching and assisting Afghan children who had been excluded from education.

So now you like us, huh? Just before you calling us Semites and so on...

I never called you semitic man.

Even so, the advantage we Parsis have over you is that we are not as racially insecure as you.

We know who we are and where we came from.

Ahura Mazda loves you whether you are pure Aryan or mixed with Semitic blood. Or Turk. Or Mongol.

Your ancient faith is there in your DNA. In the soil you stand on. In the air you breathe.

Never forget that.

I never called you semitic man.

Even so, the advantage we Parsis have over you is that we are not as racially insecure as you.

We know who we are and where we came from.

Ahura Mazda loves you whether you are pure Aryan or mixed with Semitic blood.

Your ancient faith is there in your DNA. In the soil you stand on. In the air you breathe.

Never forget that.

Racially insecure? We have been Persians for over 3,000 years... and Iranic even longer then that.

When the Arabs invaded us they tried their best to convert us to Arabs (like they successfully done with the Mesopotamians, Egyptians and Levant). We are the only people that they couldn't make speak Arabic... The greatest Persian book of all time (Shahnameh) came after you guys left for India, and our identity continues until today.

It is not just a fad as you said in another thread, we are Iranian and will remain so as long as the earth keeps spinning around the sun.

Racially insecure? We have been Persians for over 3,000 years... and Iranic even longer then that.

When the Arabs invaded us they tried their best to convert us to Arabs (like they successfully done with the Mesopotamians, Egyptians and Levant). We are the only people that they couldn't make speak Arabic... The greatest Persian book of all time (Shahnameh) came after you guys left for India, and our identity continues until today.

It is not just a fad as you said in another thread, we are Iranian and will remain so as long as the earth keeps spinning around the sun.

Did you not read the stuff I posted from the link? The one you called "good story bro!" ?

It wasn't a story. It was history.

It clearly gives the how and the why of the Shahnameh.

You guys collectively fought. So did we.

But the tide turned. And someone had to save and preserve the faith.

If not for us, the few Zoroastrians that you still have would never have emerged and found a voice.

My mother's family left Iran around 150 years ago. We are one of the richest Parsi families on Mumbai, having made our fortune running cotton presses during the times of the British.

They came from Iran as paupers.

That is where the rub lies my friend.

You finally accepted an invaders faith and holy book and script for whatever reason.

But you persecuted your own brothers and sisters that still doggedly held on to what you gave up on a long time ago.

That is not done.

That is what the Parsi community will keep reminding you of as your mirror of collective conscience as an ancient people, till we die out as you so gleefully hoped for in the other thread.

But Zoroastrianism will not die with us.

Your Arab masters never managed that.

Always remember.

And reclaim what was and is always yours.

Because all said and done, with regard to the topic title, Iran may or may not respect all divine religions.

But it definitely does not respect its own.

oh god, not another one of these parsis who thinks he's Iranian.

Dude, most muslims in Iran aren't really muslims. We're all "statistical muslims," a step lower than even non-practicing muslims. Before Zoroastrianism, another religion was king in Iran and before that smtg else. During the sassanid era before the arabs invaded, Iran was a theocracy worse than today. Iran has a long history of dictatorships, theocracies and absolute monarchies. It's time we give that up. 3000 yrs of religion is ******* enough.

So who gives two shits about whether Iranians are following mitraism, Islam or Zoroastrianism. Those days are over. We practice our ancient holidays (norouz, charshanbe soori/fire festival) and respect our history, but who cares about the dominant religion. It's time that we move towards secularism and democracy and I think Iranian youth are ready for it. Unfortunately the ******* americans are making it hard and I'm not sure if democracy under these conditions is the best option. This is one of those rare times in our history where a dictatorship/theorcracy is actually helpful.

One last thing. You parsis with your condescending attitude just look silly, very silly. You guys are Indians. You look Indian, you speak their language, you follow their culture and you've lived their for milllenia, but you have the stones to give us attitude about what religion we follow.

It's about language, culture, blood, history and traditions etc...

btw, there once was a time when I wanted the chance to convert to Zoroastrianism just out of nationalistic reasons. But after more research I realized that it's the same **** as Islam, Christianity and Judaism. 10000 zoroastrians might look all cuddly and cute, but tens of mlns of zoroastrians will suddenly act no diff than followers of the Abrahamic religions. And do you really think a theocratic Zoroastrian society is any different than an Islamic one? It would be the same ****, if not worse.

Religion is a disease of the mind.

Abii, Ahura Mazda loves you still my friend.

The spirit of Asha burns within all of you still.

You need to just reach within to find it.

Your mullahs are not as strong as you think.

Nor the street thugs of the jundolla.

75 million of you, and you act like a bunch of castrated pansies.

Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom