What's new

Iran produces its own Submarine new one for Israel

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TEHRAN, July 19 (UPI) -- A new class of submarines planned for an August launch by the Iranian military will feature advanced weapons, the Iranian defense minister said Monday.

_23277_iran-submarine.jpg

Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi, the Iranian defense minister, told reporters Monday that domestic engineers were prepared for an August launch of their latest high-tech submarine class, the semiofficial Fars News Agency reports.

"The submarine enjoys advanced technology, high power of maneuvering and underwater operations and is equipped with high-tech weapons," he said.

Iran in 2009 unveiled around 20 new military devices, including laser systems and electronic warfare devices. A 40mm anti-cruise cannon dubbed Fath was reportedly capable of reaching targets as far as 7 miles away with a firing rate of 300 rounds per minute.

Iran commissioned three new Ghadir-class submarines for its naval fleet last year, bringing the total number of the sonar-evading vessels to seven.

The Ghadir class is a smaller vessel with a displacement of around 120 tons. Fars in 2007 said the Ghadir class was equipped with stealth technology.

Iran often claims of big things....But with no specification coming out to media i doubt the product quality. Most of the countries hide the actual specification but they do let out some Info...

Iran often claims of big things....But with no specification coming out to media i doubt the product quality. Most of the countries hide the actual specification but they do let out some Info...

I don't think they are not operational but I think Iran just makes them bigger. I usually don't believe some of the specifications. For example from

"The submarine enjoys advanced technology, high power of maneuvering and underwater operations and is equipped with high-tech weapons"

I don't believe that it will be equipped with high tech weapons(Because Iran doesn't have them). I think it has a good level of maneuverability. But not as much as Vahidi said.

U never know how much is reality and how much is bull..Iran for one thing I know is largest importer of laser 3d scanners often used for reverse engineering complex parts and structures.

You never know what is real and what isn't. Iran could claim to have made say a tank. Show you that tank produce around 20 of that tank then move on to something else. No way some little midget sub is going to be comparable to a dolphin class.

Azad..most of us arent blind.. and those with poor eyesight use glasses or lenses to correct it to 20/20.
Please use a smaller font.

The sub looks like a Kilo derivative.

Azad..most of us arent blind.. and those with poor eyesight use glasses or lenses to correct it to 20/20.
Please use a smaller font.

The sub looks like a Kilo derivative.

Says it is 29 meters long so half the size of a kilo.

You never know what is real and what isn't. Iran could claim to have made say a tank. Show you that tank produce around 20 of that tank then move on to something else. No way some little midget sub is going to be comparable to a dolphin class.

A torpedo leaves the same HOLE if launched from midget sub or big sub ....

Remember titanic small iceberg brought it down

A torpedo leaves the same HOLE if launched from midget sub or big sub ....

Remember titanic small iceberg brought it down

Yes but the same could be said about T-72s in the Iraq war against U.S. Abrams tanks. We all saw how that went. There are completely different levels of performance between the Iranian sub and a Dolphin class. One is for coastal patrol while the other is a 1,900 ton attack sub with nuclear tipped missiles considered to be one of the best conventional subs out there.

U never know how much is reality and how much is bull..Iran for one thing I know is largest importer of laser 3d scanners often used for reverse engineering complex parts and structures.

This is the same opinion world has about Chinese equipments because we never see any updates or failures on any developments and then suddenly ..Kaboooom!!.. a new defense equipment comes up.

Do you have same opinion about them as well??

Pic shows a 150 ton Nahang class boat. At 500 ton, the Ghadir is significantly larger.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom