What's new

Iran, Pakistan, Israel most negatively rated countries: BBC poll

EjazR

Reaction score
http://tribune.com.pk/story/380329/...negatively-rated-countries-globally-bbc-poll/

Pakistan was ranked second in the list of most negatively rated countries in the world by a global poll for BBC World Service, which surveyed 24,090 people around the world.

Citizens of 22 countries were interviewed face-to-face or by telephone between December 6, 2011 and February 17, 2012. Polling was conducted by the international polling firm GlobeScan and its research partners in each country, together with the Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) at the University of Maryland.

Pakistan was rated “mostly negative” by 51% of the respondents, getting placed just one spot above the most negatively rated country – Iran, which was rated negative by 55% of the total respondents.

According to the poll results, Pakistan is the only country which rated its own influence as negative.

A negative view of Pakistan declined by 4% as compared to 2011.

The survey results revealed that a negative view of Pakistan was found mostly in Western countries. Around 75% Americans, 69% Canadians and 72% Australians said Pakistan’s influence in the world is mainly negative. The pattern of negative perception was similar in the European countries. The view of Pakistan by India, country’s all-time arch rival, was negative as well.

Most of the respondents blamed Pakistan’s foreign policy and the poor treatment of its citizens for such a widespread negative perception of the country.

Out of 22 countries that were surveyed, Indonesia is the only one which holds a positive view of Pakistan.

Other findings

Japan was rated most positively by the majority of the respondents (58%), taking Germany’s last year position which had its positive ratings drop from 60% to 56%. This placed Germany in second place behind Japan.

Canada (53%) and the UK (51%) are the third and fourth most positively viewed countries.

China’s positive ratings rose from 46% to 50% this year.

Full poll report here
http://www.globescan.com/images/ima...ings/2012_bbc_country rating final 080512.pdf

The growing number of Pakistani students studying abroad shows how determined young Pakistanis are to pursue higher education in the face of such bigoted negative propaganda by the Western governments and media targeting Muslim nations like Iran & Pakistan.

Haq's Musings: Pak Students Buck Decline in Australia

If you read the report, you realise that its Pakistans' foreign policy and how it treats its people that are the main reason for its negative image. This applies to most of the other countries including Israel, US and Iran.
Don't hide behind Islam and Muslims

Here is India's perception graph
India.png

There are negative perceptions about India too but I would disagree with an assumption that they have a negative perception because they hate Hindus for example or there is negative perception about Israel because they hate jews or that there is negative perception against the US because everyone hates Christians.

The growing number of Pakistani students studying abroad shows how determined young Pakistanis are to pursue higher education in the face of such bigoted negative propaganda by the Western governments and media targeting Muslim nations like Iran & Pakistan.

Haq's Musings: Pak Students Buck Decline in Australia

do you just put out propaganda like your economic theories or actually take a moment to think- if what you espouse have anything to do with attitude OR topic. Parents send their kids to study in the US AND NOT IRAN or Pakistan because they want them to be educated well and not as some " determination" to show the US up...

IF anything it speaks well of the western countries. try sending a Jew or Hindu to Pakistan or IRAN to study. The other question is once permitted by the institutions in the west- how do your citizenry behave? ...

probabaly interviewed commenwealth nations , were they have to say good to UK as they looted them and for them its good

probabaly interviewed commenwealth nations , were they have to say good to UK as they looted them and for them its good

is that why you sing god bless the queen and "CHOSE" to live under Judea Christian laws?

If you read the report, you realise that its Pakistans' foreign policy and how it treats its people that are the main reason for its negative image. This applies to most of the other countries including Israel, US and Iran.
Don't hide behind Islam and Muslims

Here is India's perception graph
India.png

There are negative perceptions about India too but I would disagree with an assumption that they have a negative perception because they hate Hindus for example or there is negative perception about Israel because they hate jews or that there is negative perception against the US because everyone hates Christians.

Peoples' perceptions are shaped by the powerful media bombarding passive consumers of news with negative or positive messages 24X7.

History tells us that the western nations and western media, mainly American, have always maintained a changing list of bad guys...it used to be Russians during the cold war, and now it's the "rogue nations" dominated by mainly Muslim countries of the world.

One has to be blind not to see the growing anti-Muslim bias in the West promoted by the powerful western media with global reach.

Haq's Musings: Exposing Congressman King's Hypocrisy

1. i never ever sang that 2. iam duel nationality and i live in turkey aswell so when i live their i will change my flag , however do you like most indian ever go to your country? ask any turk they will always go back , but most indians dnt i wonder why

is that why you sing god bless the queen and "CHOSE" to live under Judea Christian laws?

Peoples' perceptions are shaped by the powerful media bombarding passive consumers of news with negative or positive messages 24X7.

History tells us that the western nations and western media, mainly American, have always maintained a changing list of bad guys...it used to be Russians during the cold war, and now it's the "rogue nations" dominated by mainly Muslim countries of the world.

One has to be blind not to see the growing anti-Muslim bias in the West promoted by the powerful western media with global reach.

And Pakistani media is doing a very good job in uplifting the image of our country?

Face the reality! bro! Pakistan's image at international level is very poor. You will be surprised by the report of increase in negative perception about Pakistan even in China. Yes - China.

Read this: http://dawn.com/2011/03/16/pakistans-image-problem/

Smart man :agree:

these polls are so cute, they always give me a good chuckle and provide for further toilet paper.....the ill-wishers should only make us stronger and more determined

these polls are so cute, they always give me a good chuckle and provide for further toilet paper.....the ill-wishers should only make us stronger and more determined

These ill-wishers had been publishing these polls since last 10 years and all these years you become stronger and determined to kill more of your own people and fight amongst yourselves and nothing else. Pakistan has gone from bad to worse. So much for the determination. lol !

One of the top posters a Pakistani writes and i quote

Did anyone notice that the countries that mainly thought pakistan was ‘negative’ are the countries with MOST pakistani immigrants? Its GREAT to see how our people like to move abroad and then with their AMAZING character and behaviour spread such GOOD images of pakistan.

Enough said.

One of the top posters a Pakistani writes and i quote

Enough said.

the guy who says this has no iota of an idea, the locals are always fed up with the immigrants who take over their jobs, esp Splurgenxs, you being indian must know since you guys got such a wonderful phainty in australia by the aussie racists

Back
Top Bottom